Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You literally sucked Lawrences co*k for two months straight subjecting us to long awful post loaded with gushing love that was sickening.  Now you post this? 

You cried like a baby when the jets actually won a few games.

I agree with Matt, just shut up about Qbs.  Cheer for Tight ends or something,

And if this isn't enough I can quote the Rams W thread too in order for you to attack 90% of Jet fans who now love Wilson after begging for Lawrence. And then you can add 100 other posters to your hit list of TL supporters who now appreciate our Zach Wilson. 

• Thumb Down 6

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No. 

Zach Wilson was A+ game #1 and game #2 = 154 Perfect QB Rating. 

Just for context: Kirk Cousins has a higher career passer rating than Peyton Manning. 

What does that say about passer rating as a tool to evaluate QB play? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Just for context: Kirk Cousins has a higher career passer rating than Peyton Manning. 

What does that say about passer rating as a tool to evaluate QB play? 

Kirk Cousins is a game manager but he's an excellent one and one of the most underrated QBs of All-Time.

QB Rating is very accurate. It's not perfect but QB Rating is a great indicator of how good or bad a QB truly is (look at Sanchez, Tebow, Leaf, Russell etc if you don't believe me).

Screenshot_20210823-224428_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f47798c0e6b6bfb6bd48a80307d96304.jpg

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

By “people” you mean a few over the top Jet fans right?

Because I don’t think anyone else was.

It was a national story that got picked up by every single media outlet because our beat, aside from DJ of all people, refused to acknowledge that rookies are going struggle and it’s normal.

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Kirk Cousins is a game manager but he's an excellent one and one of the most underrated QBs of All-Time.

QB Rating is very accurate. It's not perfect but QB Rating is a great indicator of how good or bad a QB truly is (look at Sanchez, Tebow, Leaf, Russell etc if you don't believe me).

Screenshot_20210823-224428_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f47798c0e6b6bfb6bd48a80307d96304.jpg

Passer rating is a statistic created in the 70s that has been replaced by others. 

But the issue is not even the inefficiency of passer rating as reliable indicator of quality playing - since there are very important aspects of the game that are not factored in.  It's more so to do with your inability to recognize that Mac Jones has been quite impressive in the preseason for some reason. Why has Zach Wilson been so much better than him? 

Because considering their actual play on the field, I can't tell what has Zach done to be that ahead of Mac Jones. 

• Thumb Down 1

@Gramsci

Ryan Leaf 50.0.

Akili Smith 52.8.

Chris Weinke 62.2.

Jack Trudeau 63.3. 

David Klingler 65.1.

Jamarcus Russell 65.2.

Joey Harrington 69.4.

Matt Leinart 70.2.

Mark Sanchez 73.2. 

David Carr 74.9.

Tim Tebow 75.3. 

Etc.

I'm a big believer in QB Rating for QBs because it's pretty much the WHIP of MLB pitchers etc. Its not perfect but QB Rating is very accurate in regards to separating the bad from the good.  

Zach Wilson posting a QB Rating of 154 preseason or not is crazy impressive (for me at least).

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I go to the store to grab a beer, my phones died, I get it on the charger and this is what the thread turns into.

what the **** guys.

what’s going on? Are you guys okay? What has you all flustered.

We don’t know how to handle having nice things

@Matt39

I can see where you are coming from.  

I thought Trevor wasn't seeing it because it looked like he was locking on his first read lots and hesitant to move off.  He waited and threw into one that was bracketed front and back and never seemed to look away.  

Lawrence looks like a rookie with a sky high potential but who needs more time at the NFL level. I agree Lawrence showed better later in the game. I think they are going to roll with him but I'd wait.  

The Jets are in a better spot to roll the QB out week 1.  Wilson has proven he can deal with the vanilla, so might as well let him learn through the hard knocks.  

23 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Because considering their actual play on the field, I can't tell what has Zach done to be that ahead of Mac Jones. 

You can't see a difference and/or what Zach has done better than Mac? 

Well. I can (everyone does).

Completion Percentage:

Wilson = 80.0%

Jones = 68.4%. 

Advantage = Zach Wilson (x1).

Yards Per Pass Attempt:

Wilson = 9.5 yards per pass attempt.  

Jones = 6.1 yards per pass attempt.  

Advantage = Zach Willson (x2). 

TDs thrown:

Wilson = 2. 

Jones = 0. 

Advantage = Zach Wilson (x3).

Plays of 20+ yards:

Wilson = 2. 

Jones = 1.

Advantage = Zach Wilson (x4).

Sacks taken:

Wilson = 0. 

Jones = 1. 

Advantage = Zach Wilson (x5).

QB Rating

Wilson = 120.7. 

Jones = 84.6. 

Advantage = Zach Wilson (x6).

image.png.c1e3fa85fd1f24f37e0b335110ad5847.png

And I can not tell what Jones has done better than Wilson?

Your turn.

Please create a list of what Jones has actually done better than Wilson...

1.) _____

2.) _____

3.) _____

4.) _____

5.) _____

6.) _____

Good luck to both you and Jones because I've got my $$$ on both me and Wilson.

• Sympathy 1

This thread should be burned in a grease fire.

Making definitive statements based on a couple pre-season games is obscene.

I'd still rather have kept Darnold and traded down, drafted Lawrence, drafted Fields, in that order.

We'll see if Zach Bass turns into the real deal but a couple decent games against backups doesn't mean jack sht.  

56 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Also, f*ck the guy that quote tweeted that.  He blocked me a couple of days ago for calling him out after he fought with Jets fans over Wilson and decided to tweet this out:

4474A224-DD0A-4900-A7BF-14F6070EB3DA.jpeg.2007b0edcdbbaf04cf5d83706b9dadfa.jpeg

@batman10023 I just want to make sure you’re aware that I’m not the one that said this.  I’m calling that guy out for saying it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Fields, Jones, Lance, Trask etc haven't lit up anything; not quite like Zach Wilson has. 

Because Zach Wilson hasn't just been the best Rookie QB during preseason he's also the best NFL QB within the entire league throughout 2 games thus far (and it's not even close).

I'm watching ESPN Monday Night Countdown right now and as someone who wanted Trevor Lawrence I'm hoping to see him fall flat on his face tonight.

giphy.gif.7d9ca72314d634e542d424da9af111d0.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pac said:

This thread should be burned in a grease fire.

Making definitive statements based on a couple pre-season games is obscene.

I'd still rather have kept Darnold and traded down, drafted Lawrence, drafted Fields, in that order.

We'll see if Zach Bass turns into the real deal but a couple decent games against backups doesn't mean jack sht.  

Sam Darnold in 3 years of Jets preseason Football never looked nor played like Zach Wilson. 

Sam Darnold despite only 32 starting QBs ranked 42nd in QB Rating meaning that 9 backup QBs played better than him ?

I guarantee Zach Wilson's 1st ever NFL throw won't become an INT PICK 6.

Sam Darnold has only thrown 2 preseason passes because he's too slow to learn a playbook and Carolina is scared of exposing him.

Thankfully JD did not want to keep Sam Darnold and neither did Robert Saleh. 

JD/Saleh/Wilson over Macc/Gase/Sam.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold in 3 years of Jets preseason Football never looked nor played like Zach Wilson. 

Sam Darnold despite only 32 starting QBs ranked 42nd in QB Rating meaning that 9 backup QBs played better than him ?

I guarantee Zach Wilson's 1st ever NFL throw won't become an INT PICK 6.

Sam Darnold has only thrown 2 preseason passes because he's too slow to learn a playbook and Carolina is scared of exposing him.

Thankfully JD did not want to keep Sam Darnold and neither did Robert Saleh. 

JD/Saleh/Wilson over Macc/Gase/Sam.

976733518_giphy(40).gif.9062537704ad19b7dbf263c085fd7fe4.gif54063015_tenor(4).gif.7dbdc28c54a62e0964c93caa625ee65b.gif

On 12/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

And regardless of how much crap I've talked about Sam this year (out of frustration) deep down inside of my heart and soul I know that he's never been surrounded by talent and I know 100% not even Mahomes would look halfway decent behind this offense while also without Andy Reid. 

If we miss out on Trevor Lawrence I'll become devastated but something about Sam makes me want to give him one last shot behind an actual offense that'll give him a fighting chance (before completely quitting on him). 

Regardless of how much we've attacked Sam Darnold this year (out of frustration) we've never once witnessed him surrounded by a capable offensive unit; and (imo) if we miss out on Trevor Lawrence it's only right to surround this kid with A+ offensive fire power; before absolutely quitting on him (for PROJECT QB's). 

On 11/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

He plays against teams like McNeese, Utah STATE, NIU, UMass, NM State, TROY, NORTHERN Alabama etc, etc lol

And he's already suffered an injury that required shoulder surgery (and has yet to take an NFL hit). 

Screenshot_20201123-221404.thumb.png.b57005a41f8f0529c03d5711cf0980ce.png

Lol 

Compared to...

Screenshot_20201123-204906.thumb.png.8b6ab89174e9558c9c7ba051ba984fb3.png

Are you absolutely nuts or something?!?!?

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dont you ever attack me again while I'm having a FUN TIME enjoying Zach Wilson with posts telling me to STFU and how I sucked Trevor's cock. You're being disgusting about it. And ignoring how you begged to keep Sam Darnold. 

I'm starting to wonder whether DWC is one of the most legendary trolls the internet has ever produced.. because that explanation is a lot better than the alternative. 

• Haha 3

Contrary to all belief, i think all of this rookie speculation is a direct correlation to or head coach. If we'd have chosen Trevor.Zach, or fields i think saleh being the defensive mind he is would have delegated to our offensive staff the weaknesses he saw in each qb and then have them tailor the offensive scheme to each qb in order to maximize the potential of each. His A-Z philosophy is sound. Trevor Lawrence in another scheme and theme would probably look far batter than he did tonight..him being a defensive mastermind coach i don't think he'd have let Lefleur put him (Trevor) in a lot of those situations that he ended up in. Regardless of roster talent..i think my belief in saleh trumps any roster or roster moves that other teams provide. I think he has an innate ability to judge and justify what a roster of veterans or rookies will be capable of. Trevor did ok..if he was on the jets with saleh as his coach delegating to the OF coordinators he probably would have looked as fine as Zach...but in the end it's still all gas no brake..definitely no Jags..let's go JETS

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1