Season Ticket Holders Screwed Again.

BxPete

I don't know if any of you other season ticket holders have noticed, but the Jets are essentially prohibiting us from selling later season games if we are on an auto-payment plan. Personally, I can not afford to shell out the cost of season tickets in one shot. I have always been in the auto-payment plan. I moved away from the city but go to as many games as I can. I kept the tickets to keep a family tradition going. Like many of us, I have never made money on these tickets. The the thought that any season ticket holder could is laughable. 

The Jets are not treating these auto-payments, now broken up in 9 installments, as games paid for. As if we were buying each game individually, instead of a payment plan. This makes no sense logically since games are priced "dynamically" and we pay in equal installments. I couldn't sell any games after the 5th home game. This has never been the case and I have been in an auto-payment plan for 12 years.  I wrote the Jets to ask what was going on:

"Hello,

My tickets are on an automatic payment plan. My payments on the plan are
 current from what I can see. I sell most of my Jets tickets as I do not
 live in NY right now and can only go to a few games a year. I listed
 several games and then couldn’t anymore. It said I had to pay an unpaid
 invoice. Is there a new limit on how many games we can sell if we are not
finished with the automatic payments?"

They responded with the following:

"Thank you for your email. You will only be able to post/resell tickets that are paid in full. Right now, you are able to post tickets through the Buffalo Bills game.
Should you have any additional questions, please let us know."

This is another slap in the face to the blue collar Jets fan.  As we all know it gets harder to sell games as the season drags on and the losses pile up. Only way to get close to face is to sell early. Doesn't matter if you are current on your payments, they consider the auto-payments you have yet to pay as unpaid games. So you can sell your own tickets despite having your very own shiny "license" to the seats. This is the last straw for me, if the policy doesn't change back to the way it was, I'm dropping the tickets. I got them 12 years ago when I got back from Iraq with another veteran, we've had some great times, but they don't care about the fans. All lip service. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Lol, those are the games I usually go to. I wish I could go to every game like I used to but I got moved away for work. Kept em and people thought I was crazy. Made it a family tradition to go a few games a year with my son and by vet buddy and his son. I give some tickets to fam as gifts. Moving back to NY at some point when I retire so wanted to keep same seats. But I can't take 50%+ loss on games I do not go to.  

Point is, they are really not yours if you your not free to sell them. You can't even sell them on here since you can't transfer them. I'm not even dealing with the Jets anymore, they have outsourced their responses to a 3rd party marketing firm

1 hour ago, BxPete said:

I don't know if any of you other season ticket holders have noticed, but the Jets are essentially prohibiting us from selling later season games if we are on an auto-payment plan. Personally, I can not afford to shell out the cost of season tickets in one shot. I have always been in the auto-payment plan. I moved away from the city but go to as many games as I can. I kept the tickets to keep a family tradition going. Like many of us, I have never made money on these tickets. The the thought that any season ticket holder could is laughable. 

The Jets are not treating these auto-payments, now broken up in 9 installments, as games paid for. As if we were buying each game individually, instead of a payment plan. This makes no sense logically since games are priced "dynamically" and we pay in equal installments. I couldn't sell any games after the 5th home game. This has never been the case and I have been in an auto-payment plan for 12 years.  I wrote the Jets to ask what was going on:

"Hello,

My tickets are on an automatic payment plan. My payments on the plan are
 current from what I can see. I sell most of my Jets tickets as I do not
 live in NY right now and can only go to a few games a year. I listed
 several games and then couldn’t anymore. It said I had to pay an unpaid
 invoice. Is there a new limit on how many games we can sell if we are not
finished with the automatic payments?"

They responded with the following:

"Thank you for your email. You will only be able to post/resell tickets that are paid in full. Right now, you are able to post tickets through the Buffalo Bills game.
Should you have any additional questions, please let us know."

This is another slap in the face to the blue collar Jets fan.  As we all know it gets harder to sell games as the season drags on and the losses pile up. Only way to get close to face is to sell early. Doesn't matter if you are current on your payments, they consider the auto-payments you have yet to pay as unpaid games. So you can sell your own tickets despite having your very own shiny "license" to the seats. This is the last straw for me, if the policy doesn't change back to the way it was, I'm dropping the tickets. I got them 12 years ago when I got back from Iraq with another veteran, we've had some great times, but they don't care about the fans. All lip service. 

I’m not following you… if you can afford the tickets every year on an installment plan, why can’t you afford to pay all at once?

It’s the same amount of money, and then you can sell all the tickets you want whenever you want.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not following you… if you can afford the tickets every year on an installment plan, why can’t you afford to pay all at once?

It’s the same amount of money, and then you can sell all the tickets you want whenever you want.

If you can afford to pay your mortgage payment, why can’t you afford to shell out $500k all at once?

The answer is kinda obvious.

That being said, I agree with the org. You shouldn’t be able to sell what you don’t yet own.

• Upvote 4

-

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes its the same amount of money. Do you pay cash for a new car or do you have  car payments?

Some of us are salaried employees. Not everyone is in the same financial situation. 

I'm not a new season ticket holder, I've been one for 12 years. This has never been the policy before. The Jets enticed people  like me who couldn't afford them all at once to buy season tickets under the ability to spread the payments out.  I remember the sales pitch. My "license" allowed me to sell, transfer, pass on, the seats whenever I wanted. That's what they sold me on and its been that way for 12 years.  There were no stipulations about when we could sell or transfer them before this year. There was no notification about a change in policy or a new terms and agreement policy that I had to sign either. They made the change on their own without notification to me or anyone else. That gets me more than anything else. There is actually nothing about this change in policy in the 2021 season ticket terms, payment plan terms or right's and obligations of a season ticket holder documents. 

There is no profit in listing Jets tickets this believe me. I also don't see how it makes sense from the Jets perspective. It tanks the secondary market, why buy season tickets when you can get them dirt cheap week of the game. 

• Upvote 2

Interesting. I'm in the same boat, having moved out of NJ a few years ago. I kept my tickets and made a few games per year before the pandemic. Still hoping to make a game or two this year, but we'll see.

If I recall correctly, the Jets encouraged folks to get on the monthly plan. And it's just your total bill spread out over time; there's no interest. Maybe they did this to make managing cash flow easier for them? I took it since I've heard it said that, if someone is offering you free money, you take it. In other words, I hold on to the money longer with no penalty.

This makes sense for the Jets to do as noted above in case folks defaulted. That does tie sellers' hands a bit, though. I'm guessing we can just pay off the balance early if desired, right?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Interesting. I'm in the same boat, having moved out of NJ a few years ago. I kept my tickets and made a few games per year before the pandemic. Still hoping to make a game or two this year, but we'll see.

If I recall correctly, the Jets encouraged folks to get on the monthly plan. And it's just your total bill spread out over time; there's no interest. Maybe they did this to make managing cash flow easier for them? I took it since I've heard it said that, if someone is offering you free money, you take it. In other words, I hold on to the money longer with no penalty.

This makes sense for the Jets to do as noted above in case folks defaulted. That does tie sellers' hands a bit, though. I'm guessing we can just pay off the balance early if desired, right?

Yes it was part of the pitch. Used to be all the payments were spread out and made before the start of the season. I'm fine with that. They made the change not me. And why notification to the STH.

6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The solution to me seems quite obvious.

Dump your season tickets and buy tickets to the 1 or 2 games you actually want to go to....

Yes this Is what I am doing. asked for the Jets to send me the PSL transfer procedures. Might get a gift card for Bass Pro or something for them. 

48 minutes ago, BxPete said:

-

Yes its the same amount of money. Do you pay cash for a new car or do you have  car payments?

Some of us are salaried employees. Not everyone is in the same financial situation. 

I'm not a new season ticket holder, I've been one for 12 years. This has never been the policy before. The Jets enticed people  like me who couldn't afford them all at once to buy season tickets under the ability to spread the payments out.  I remember the sales pitch. My "license" allowed me to sell, transfer, pass on, the seats whenever I wanted. That's what they sold me on and its been that way for 12 years.  There were no stipulations about when we could sell or transfer them before this year. There was no notification about a change in policy or a new terms and agreement policy that I had to sign either. They made the change on their own without notification to me or anyone else. That gets me more than anything else. There is actually nothing about this change in policy in the 2021 season ticket terms, payment plan terms or right's and obligations of a season ticket holder documents. 

There is no profit in listing Jets tickets this believe me. I also don't see how it makes sense from the Jets perspective. It tanks the secondary market, why buy season tickets when you can get them dirt cheap week of the game. 

You have paid for 12 years. You deserve benefit of doubt. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

PSL's are a 30 year commitment and it looks like we got 3 fun seasons (2010, 2011, 2015) 8 bad seasons, and are about to begin a 10 year run of greatness that will put us in several home playoff games, multiple AFC Championship Games, and a Super Bowl.

you never disappoint.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

What is the PSL aftermarket like these days? Anyone know?

PSL Source has 375 listings for Jets PSL's at an average of 3 seats each, total of approximately 1,125 seats for sale.

There are 55,000 PSL seats in MetLife Stadium.

The only people who have a problem with PSL's are the people who don't have PSL's.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

you never disappoint.

Look at a team like the Bills, their fans have experienced the same cadence, just backwards.  We started the last 11 years with deep playoff runs, faded, and are rebuilding and on the rise.  The Bills started the last 11 years awful, had a blip playoff appearance or two, rebuilt, and now are making deep playoff runs.

Pick any other NFL team without a franchise quarterback akin to Rogers, Brees, Brady, or Manning in that span, and the Jets are right where they are supposed to be.  This league is about teams who lose a lot, draft well, get hot, and go for the brass ring once every decade or two before falling back into oblivion. 

No Jets PSL owner in 2010 expected 30 years of greatness.  That's not what this sport is about.  The concept is you'll suck for 10 seasons, be mediocre for 10 seasons, be elite for 10 seasons, and win that 1 Super Bowl in your 30 year license period.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  11 seasons in the PSL books, 19 to go.

SAR I

47 minutes ago, BxPete said:

Yes it was part of the pitch. Used to be all the payments were spread out and made before the start of the season. I'm fine with that. They made the change not me. And why notification to the STH.

Does it say in "the pitch" they reserve the right to change any of these policies ? I'm guessing it probably does.

As for you being a loyal 12 year customer this means nothing these days unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BxPete said:

The Jets are not treating these auto-payments, now broken up in 9 installments, as games paid for.

This is just semantics, right?

We start making payments in April and the last of the 9 installments is in November.  So, as an example, you can't sell your November tickets until September.

This really isn't a problem as people don't buy aftermarket tickets months in advance.  They really only sell the 7 days before kickoff (really 2-3 days if you think about it) and you'll have that opportunity.  Worst case, make your 8th and 9th payments early and you'll be able to sell the last quarter of the season in October.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

PSL's are a 30 year commitment and it looks like we got 3 fun seasons (2010, 2011, 2015) 8 bad seasons, and are about to begin a 10 year run of greatness that will put us in several home playoff games, multiple AFC Championship Games, and a Super Bowl.

The reason championships feel so good is because of all the time, commitments, and challenges one has to go through in order to get there.  Ask me what it was like to be at Madison Square Garden for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals after growing up on Long Island in the 80's.  It's going to be glorious.

SAR I

5-0 to start the season confirmed.

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The concept is you'll suck for 10 seasons, be mediocre for 10 seasons, be elite for 10 seasons, and win that 1 Super Bowl in your 30 year license period.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  11 seasons in the PSL books, 19 to go.

SAR I

Where does the Patriots 20 year run of greatness and 10 Super Bowls fit into this formula?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facts said:

5-0 to start the season confirmed.

I never said that.  I said that we have 10 winnable games on the schedule this season and we should expect to win 8 of them.

We only face 2 strong QB's the whole season.  We have a 9th home game and a road game on a neutral field.  Our two toughest games-  Bucs at home, Bills on the road-  are in the last two weeks of the season when they'll rest their starters.  This season is set up to be a surprise wildcard appearance.  5-0 start is aggressive.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I never said that.  I said that we have 10 winnable games on the schedule this season and we should expect to win 8 of them.

We only face 2 strong QB's the whole season.  We have a 9th home game and a road game on a neutral field.  Our two toughest games-  Bucs at home, Bills on the road-  are in the last two weeks of the season when they'll rest their starters.  This season is set up to be a surprise wildcard appearance.  5-0 start is aggressive.

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Does it say in "the pitch" they reserve the right to change any of these policies ? I'm guessing it probably does.

As for you being a loyal 12 year customer this means nothing these days unfortunately.

They reserve the right to change policies and it’s required by law that they notify the STH about the change. No notification and this policy isn’t actually written anywhere.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is just semantics, right?

We start making payments in April and the last of the 9 installments is in November.  So, as an example, you can't sell your November tickets until September.

This really isn't a problem as people don't buy aftermarket tickets months in advance.  They really only sell the 7 days before kickoff (really 2-3 days if you think about it) and you'll have that opportunity.  Worst case, make your 8th and 9th payments early and you'll be able to sell the last quarter of the season in October.

SAR I

This is just not the case. Tickets listed before the season starts usually sell and sell close to face, while tickets dumped right before a game are rock bottom. I think it’s because people are buying them as gifts then or they really want to see the Teams that are out of conference and don’t come to NY as much. Sell about half usually.  I go to, give to family or donate to the United way the ones that don’t sell before the season. 

Meant to say Jets are now ( not not) treating these plans as individual games. Ok fine, let me choose my games and you can sell the rest Jets. Of course they would never do this because they would never get as much as they could from a STH.

My main problem is this is a new restriction with no notification to warning to STH. They also have zero update about covid or what they would do if NJ locked down again. Just started up the auto drafting accounts again.

and the Jets say not to make extra payments in the portal because they will probably charge you twice.

at least give the flexibility to say you made 5 payments you sell/transfer any 5 games, instead of locking the sells in sequentially. 

And I’ve had these for 12 years and have kept despite moving to 2000 miles away. Not sure how I’m not in it for the long hall.

7 hours ago, BxPete said:

I remember the sales pitch. My "license" allowed me to sell, transfer, pass on, the seats whenever I wanted.

Yeah. Pay for them up front and you can sell them.  But you think the Jets should front you the money and then allow you to sell them before theyre paid off?  

You used your car as an example, can you sell your car before you've finished paying it off?  Nope