3 Reasons Zach Wilson's Hot Start Is Legitimate

flgreen

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You know how you know Zach Wilson is the real deal? 

Because I went from dreaming about Trevor Lawrence to now having this kid as my avatar. 

And it's hard for a player to win me over. Just ask Marcus Maye who I've nitpicked ever since passing on my favorite FSU RB Dalvin Cook 5 years ago ?

As dumb as this is I upvoted you for not including stats or pictures

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

This and I think people are just desperate to say I told you so.  I should know, I'm one of those people but I'm at least reasonable about it!

I don't think anyone here, besides you if he fails, is playing the "I told you so" game. 

No one wanted Wilson until the Jets basically told the world they were taking him.  Then most got onboard and are hoping for the best.  

• Upvote 1

You go off what you see in the games, doesnt make a difference that its preseason,  I've said this going into his preseason games.

Does he have the arm?  Yes

Does he show poise? Yes

Is he accurate?  Yes

Does he look like he belong?  Yes

Does he look different that he did in college?  Yes

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You know how you know Zach Wilson is the real deal? 

Because I went from dreaming about Trevor Lawrence to now having this kid as my avatar. 

And it's hard for a player to win me over. Just ask Marcus Maye who I've nitpicked ever since passing on my favorite FSU RB Dalvin Cook 5 years ago ?

I just asked Marcus Maye and he said he doesn’t know what you are talking about.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The longest play he's connected on, was a broken play where Davis went uncovered on a wheel route (and, lets be real,  Zach was late to see it).

I agree with a lot but this is so so wrong, it’s his 3rd or 4th read and the ball is in the air before Davis turns like half way there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I agree with a lot but this is so so wrong, it’s his 3rd or 4th read and the ball is in the air before Davis turns like half way there.

The play was designed to go left, he saw right away that it was covered.  Rolled right and waited for Davis to get free.  Had to rush because Becton had lost contain and threw a 35 yard rope to the sideline, with both feet off of the ground showing him arm talent.

Want to call it a broken play as if it were luck now?  It was an impressive play, for anyone, never mind a rookie 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You go off what you see in the games, doesnt make a difference that its preseason,  I've said this going into his preseason games.

Does he have the arm?  Yes

Does he show poise? Yes

Is he accurate?  Yes

Does he look like he belong?  Yes

Does he look different that he did in college?  Yes

He looks very much like he did in college.  Some just didn't want to see it as they would have rather he sucked.

He is exactly as advertised  - carrying the same skill set to the NFL we saw at BYU.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Meh, not really and wheels routes are not designed to stop and wait for the ball but no biggie, wasn’t a bad play by any means 

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

What hot start? Wtf are we doing????

Yeah I hear you on this but it’s ok to be positive about how Wilson has looked.  Let’s not put him Canton just yet at the same time.  This coming from a Wilson skeptic, and I’m liking how he is quickly changing my mind.  I’m feeling positive about possibly being really wrong on this ? 

Also I just watched QB1 season 2 featuring Fields while it completely reaffirmed my belief in his talent being elite, but I saw a few things I didn’t like ON field, absolute great kid, but just a couple of things I didn’t like about his willingness to quit when it wasn’t impossible to make a come back because first let’s not get injured and second game doesn’t matter that much anyways.  Red flag to me.