Jets/Eagles Joint Practice 8/24

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Little ****er is so fast and quick it was hard for me to pause it in time for a screenshot. He definitely came down with two feet in bounds.

Screenshot_20210824-123940_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c8961867c47001a6980e2925fd8bd65c.jpg

HE'S BACK!

There's air between his left foot and the ground. (Look at the shadow). Close, but he didn't make it.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

There's so much wrong about this post, I don't know where to begin ... 

"G continues to be a problem." Not really. Van Roten has been playing very well and ATV should be ready for the opener. 

Van Roten is not good and AVT is a rookie that is yet to play a real down of NFL football, the Gs are the weakest link of the OLine  

• "JD only really added one G this off season to a team that needed 2-3." Hmmm, let's see, we got AVT, Tristen Hoge, David Moore and Corey Levin. And Moses can play guard in a pinch. But who's counting?

You serious? That is ATROCIOUS depth considering not one of those UDFA have any experience in the league. Moore was an UDFA cut into his 2nd week of Panthers TC?!?! Levin hasn’t shown anything. 

"Becton has his strengths but obviously has issues with conditioning." What conditioning issues, besides the ones made up by pea-brains in the fan base? 

Last year he had to be pulled from games, Saleh said in June that Becton required better conditioning. You sure you’re not the one with the “pea-brain” since he had to be taken out of practice today again?!? He’s a large man that needs to improve his conditioning at this level of football.

•  "The 2020 draft was not good." A starting LT, a starting WR (Mims will be starting, regardless of what some fans think), a starting CB and a starting punter. Jury is still out on Davis and Clark. Not expecting anything from Zuniga. Looks like a fine hit percentage to me.

•  "It will take until 2022 until the 2021 draft shows what it is really made of." Not at all. It takes about three years. 

No, you’re wrong except for the last 2 points, that original post was correct.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe check the correction where he says it was Moses.

I'm not worried about Morgan Moses.  He's got 96 consecutive starts @ RT and physically dominated and completely eliminated two of the best outside edge pass rushers in T.J. Watt and Shaq Barrett (playoffs) and according to PFF rated out as a top 5 RT last year.

in comparison to Fant who ranked 62nd/62nd and dead last amongst all starting OTs last year. 

I bet you can't find one quote of a Jets fan praising A.) Fant. B.) The right side of his O-Line @ RT and/or C.) Screaming at Adam Gase to stop running left behind Becton and start running right behind "George Fant".

BEAST MODE. 

D.) I bet you can't find any film on Fant @ RT last year either. Because he was atrocious.  62nd/62nd type awful and PS: Morgan Moses graded out as a better run blocker than pass protection (beast).

E.) Do you remember last year when Joey Bosa quit on Mekhi Becton after only 1 drive last year in order to use and abuse Fant @ RT while having a career day with 6 QB hits? Because that's not happening with Morgan Moses anymore. 

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Everybody gets on the Feeney signing.  I think the point was for him to be an inside backup.  I am pretty sure he can snap.  As a backup G/C he might not be so atrocious.  It was obvious they weren't intending to go into the season with the guy or they would not have paid the toll for AVT.  

Even a 'backup' player has to be good enough not to get killed.

to say 'oh he is just a backup he would be an okay pickup if he never plays' is not good enough,

No one expects Feeney to be an all pro, what I expect is not to hear him getting beat like a drum constantly.

Douglas like his error of not drafting a 2nd wr in his 1st draft should have for sure drafted another olineman in this pat draft.

Weak part of the team, strong part of a draft. 

I like Douglas but imo he has made errors in back to back drafts, the same error.

8 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

It's never *not* amazing to me how many we have that seem to prefer b**ching and being miserable.  

As opposed to being optimistically delusional and farcical about this team when the REALITY and play of said team indicates otherwise? ?

• Thumb Down 2

39 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Van Roten is not good and AVT is a rookie that is yet to play a real down of NFL football, the Gs are the weakest link of the OLine  

You serious? That is ATROCIOUS depth considering not one of those UDFA have any experience in the league. Moore was an UDFA cut into his 2nd week of Panthers TC?!?! Levin hasn’t shown anything. 

Last year he had to be pulled from games, Saleh said in June that Becton required better conditioning. 

No, you’re wrong except for the last 2 points, that original post was correct.

He's fine. He's a capable veteran who had a down year last year. And AVT will also be fine. The Jets guard situation is not a problem.

It's hilarious when fans talk about how Douglas should "GO OUT AND GET" some quality OL depth. Really? From where? Nobody in the league has good OL depth because good offensive linemen are hard to find. That's why teams have to rely on developmental guys and marginal veteran talent. And I didn't say these guys were good. I said they were added to the roster, when the original post said nobody was. Learn how to read please.

Last year he had to be pulled from games, Saleh said in June that Becton required better conditioning. 

Saleh never flat-out said Becton has a "conditioning problem." He implied he needs to do better, yes, like a lot of other players do. The conditioning thing with Becton is way overblown. Why? Because fans--all fans, me included--are basically idiots. We just want the players on the field so we can watch them try to win games. We know sh*t about injuries, conditioning, etc.

You sure you’re not the one with the “pea-brain” since he had to be taken out of practice today again?!?

Becton was removed not because of conditioning, but because he suffered a head-to-head collision and is being evaluated for a concussion. I guess I'm a pea-brain because I read real news rather than relying on tweets for my information.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

As opposed to being optimistically delusional and farcical about this team when the REALITY and play of said team indicates otherwise? ?

Lol. If you're looking at this preseason and you truly don't have any hope for this team, I suggest you look for another team, because you're never feeling good about this one. I've seen more positive signs in a month than I saw in the entire Adam Gase Era. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm now convinced fans enjoy negative practice reports more than games where the
team actually plays well

Right now the Jets starters are going up against another teams starters in these joint practices and don't seem to be doing well, they should be doing well against another teams backups in the games...

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

He's fine. He's a capable veteran who had a down year last year. And AVT will also be fine. The Jets guard situation is not a problem.

It's hilarious when fans talk about how Douglas should "GO OUT AND GET" some quality OL depth. Really? From where? Nobody in the league has good OL depth because good offensive linemen are hard to find. That's why teams have to rely on developmental guys and marginal veteran talent. And I didn't say these guys were good. I said they were added to the roster, when the original post said nobody was. Learn how to read please.

Saleh never flat-out said Becton has a "conditioning problem." He implied he needs to do better, yes, like a lot of other players do. The conditioning thing with Becton is way overblown. Why? Because fans--all fans, me included--are basically idiots. We just want the players on the field so we can watch them try to win games. We know sh*t about injuries, conditioning, etc.

You sure you’re not the one with the “pea-brain” since he had to be taken out of practice today again?!?

Becton was removed not because of conditioning, but because he suffered a head-to-head collision and is being evaluated for a concussion. I guess I'm a pea-brain because I read real news rather than relying on tweets for my information.

Agree to disagree because all those are subjective takes, except for the last point regarding Becton. In the last 90 minutes it was announced what he was removed for a possible concussion, at the time of writing, heat exhaustion amongst other things were speculated.

to each his own and you’re self-assessing guess is correct. Don’t you know it’s “fake,” silly rabbit. Lol. 

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm starting to question the "team run" and "team pass" approach, especially in these joint practices.

Eagles stacking 8 guys in the box because they know what's coming.

The practices are scripted between the teams. This is not a scrimmage, it's practice. 

12 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Lol. If you're looking at this preseason and you truly don't have any hope for this team, I suggest you look for another team, because you're never feeling good about this one. I've seen more positive signs in a month than I saw in the entire Adam Gase Era. 

The dramatic build-up to the colossal down fall? Lol 

11 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Right now the Jets starters are going up against another teams starters in these joint practices and don't seem to be doing well, they should be doing well against another teams backups in the games...

I get it, but this is what it sounds like :

Team looks bad in early week practices 

(fans complain)

Team looks better late week practices 

(fans still complain about Tuesday practice)

Starters look good in-game

(half the fans prepare for super bowl parade, other half still sore about Tuesday practice)

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. I'm just enjoying having some hope that we could score some points this year. Baby steps. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1