Jets/Eagles Joint Practice 8/24

18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The Jets are 0-0 for the 2021 season. What reality?

That opposing 1st string defenses and offenses from contenders & pretenders have lit us up in practice (GB,PHL). 

so despite the upgrade in talent and CS on our beloved Jets, we’re still a waaaaaaaaays from seriously playing with legit teams. 
The team trajectory is more up than it has been in recent times,  but this team has a ways to go and I’m not as starry-eyed with girlish enthusiasm as others are at this point of the process. 

PS - not meant to sound negative,  but see how it can be taken that way. Lol. 
Hope for good, brace and endure the bad. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The dramatic build-up to the colossal down fall? Lol 

Call me naive if you want...I don't see that happening to Salah. We'll see what happens. The injuries could prove to be too much, but this league has turned into an offensive league. If you can score points, you can at least tread water, and I've seen some good signs that they can at least be competitive. No one is saying they're hanging in with legit teams yet...but can they beat the Bengals and Texans? Yeah, they can. Will they? We'll see.

• Upvote 2

Just now, KRL said:

Another factor that fans/media are forgetting is the Jets play PHI in the
regular season.  Would it be smart to show anything other than very vanilla
plays/blocking schemes when everything is being filmed???  Just asking

Eh, it's December 5th. Won't be able to hide anything that long ?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Right now the Jets starters are going up against another teams starters in these joint practices and don't seem to be doing well, they should be doing well against another teams backups in the games...

It's practice. You get that right?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Even a 'backup' player has to be good enough not to get killed.

to say 'oh he is just a backup he would be an okay pickup if he never plays' is not good enough,

No one expects Feeney to be an all pro, what I expect is not to hear him getting beat like a drum constantly.

Douglas like his error of not drafting a 2nd wr in his 1st draft should have for sure drafted another olineman in this pat draft.

Weak part of the team, strong part of a draft. 

I like Douglas but imo he has made errors in back to back drafts, the same error.

I get where you're coming from and I agree.  Still, the fact that the guy has the flexibility to play C should count for something.  There were reasons to think he wasn't this bad, and maybe he is still adapting.  I'm not going to kill Douglas for not drafting more OL, when they had Lewis and Clark to compete for that spot.  I am more of a BPA guy, and if he got 2 starting OLB out of those converted safety and some reasonable DBs I am okay with that.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Call me naive if you want...I don't see that happening to Salah. We'll see what happens. The injuries could prove to be too much, but this league has turned into an offensive league. If you can score points, you can at least tread water, and I've seen some good signs that they can at least be competitive. No one is saying they're hanging in with legit teams yet...but can they beat the Bengals and Texans? Yeah, they can. Will they? We'll see.

Well Steve, 

it is a tad naive to praise so much so early. The mounting injuries and no winning of games could turn REAL quick on Saleh, especially in this town. I hope not, but let’s see how this team (JD more so) responds if the depth is tested. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Well Steve, 

it is a tad naive to praise so much so early. The mounting injuries and no winning of games could turn REAL quick on Saleh, especially in this town. I hope not, but let’s see how this team (JD more so) responds if the depth is tested. 

It's naive to be happy and say "Gee, our offense doesn't look like hot garbage this year"? OK then. Sorry. Feel free to be miserable. No one's stopping you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

There's air between his left foot and the ground. (Look at the shadow). Close, but he didn't make it.

Both feet were easily down.  Even before that - it was a catch and it wasn't even really close.  The back foot is down when he catches the ball.  

The one you're looking at is the third step.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, KRL said:

Another factor that fans/media are forgetting is the Jets play PHI in the
regular season.  Would it be smart to show anything other than very vanilla
plays/blocking schemes when everything is being filmed???  Just asking

lol, you may have watched a few practices but you clearly know nothing about football.   everyone knows that you gameplan practices. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I know plenty of in shape people who have , puked, fainted and gone into convulsions due to heat/dehydration issues. 

I went momentarily blind once, in the middle of football practice one summer in Middle School.  Right in the middle of a play too, scary as hell.

Heat is no joke.  And it's worse the bigger/less in shape you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

That opposing 1st string defenses and offenses from contenders & pretenders have lit us up in practice (GB,PHL). 

so despite the upgrade in talent and CS on our beloved Jets, we’re still a waaaaaaaaays from seriously playing with legit teams. 
The team trajectory is more up than it has been in recent times,  but this team has a ways to go and I’m not as starry-eyed with girlish enthusiasm as others are at this point of the process. 

The Jets offense - from what I can tell - looked fine today against the 1's.  Other than the OL - which I believe will be fine in games - Zach and WR's sounded to be very good.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

It’s practice though. We really don’t know what this team is until say mid October.

I guess it’s a different view. If the Jets suck, I don’t think it’ll feel any worse if you were optimistic or pessimistic in preseason. A bad team is a bad team. If anything, those that are unreasonably optimistic are better off since the team is giving them some joy even if ends up being fake.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

It's naive to be happy and say "Gee, our offense doesn't look like hot garbage this year"? OK then. Sorry. Feel free to be miserable. No one's stopping you. 

Lol 

Im not miserable, I just find it funny how others are delusional on what this team will be this year in terms of production and “ugly football”. It’s not you so much, as others in here who are naive with their bombastic praise 2 PS games into the new regime. 

To each his own. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s practice though. We really don’t know what this team is until say mid October.

I guess it’s a different view. If the Jets suck, I don’t think it’ll feel any worse if you were optimistic or pessimistic in preseason. A bad team is a bad team. If anything, those that are unreasonably optimistic are better off since the team is giving them some joy even if ends up being fake.

I agree. It’s merely a different point of view - and a view from a High Horse according to some here! Lol. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

These practices are scripted between the coaches, they're not scrimmages. Both coaching staffs request certain defensive formations and calls to teach their offense and vice versa. These practice sessions are used as teaching tools in the video room. The coaching staff is not worried about success on the practice field, they're focused on teaching. That's why you noticed last week the Jets offense and Wilson got better in the 2nd practice against the Packers. They went over the tape and cleaned up issues after the 1st day. Normally on game week you study an opponents defense and offense and come up with a game plan. You can't do that for these practices so what you're looking for is improvement from one day to another. 

Judging a team off these practice sessions is idiotic. The teams are still using vanilla protection schemes and route concepts bc both teams tape these practices. If you don't think our early season opponents will be requesting and receiving these tapes I don't know what to tell you. 

So while nobody should be judging the team over 2 good pre-season games you certainly shouldn't be judging them after a practice. Get off your high horse. 

I’m quite content on my horse, thank you lol, and I can feel free to judge however I like as others do here as well. If you don’t like it, then don’t respond or just thumb down.

Everything you typed is correct in that it’s predicated and not a game, but that doesn’t refrain anyone from drawing and expressing their own conclusions to judge this team - no matter how premature, homer, delusionally optimistic, extremely negative, whatever - how they like on a fan forum. 

get off your milk crate. Lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I can't find much praising Fant, but apparently I can find a 300 word opus on how great Morgan Moses is for being blown up despite having TE help.  

I'm talking about real life games where Morgan Moses dominated elite pass rushers such as T.J. Watt + Shaq Barrett and many of others last year while completley eliminating them from Football games and you're talking about a PRACTICE MISTAKE as if all of the All-Time greats didn't make practice mistakes? That's a bit extreme. But George Fant is different. He was ranked 62nd/62nd last year amongst all OTs because he's absolute trash (and belongs on the bench) so when I read the incorrect tweet it gave me flashbacks to 2020 Right Side of our O-Line ?

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm interrupting this thread to bring a spelling PSA.

It's Kalil, not "Khalil"

It's Zach, not "Zack"

It's Becton, not "Bechton" (so many people doing this)

It's Robby, not "Robbie" (still seeing that one)

It's Scumbag, not "Belichick" (almost everyone gets this right now)

That is all.

Wow

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm talking about real life games where Morgan Moses dominated elite pass rushers such as T.J. Watt + Shaq Barrett and many of others last year while completley eliminating them from Football games and you're talking about a PRACTICE MISTAKE as if all of the All-Time greats didn't make practice mistakes? That's a bit extreme. But George Fant is different. He was ranked 62nd/62nd last year amongst all OTs because he's absolute trash (and belongs on the bench) so when I read the incorrect tweet it gave me flashbacks to 2020 Right Side of our O-Line ?

The Redskins last year ran more of a power scheme. This is a zone blocking scheme. Fant might be a better fit based on that scheme.

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Lol. If you're looking at this preseason and you truly don't have any hope for this team, I suggest you look for another team, because you're never feeling good about this one. I've seen more positive signs in a month than I saw in the entire Adam Gase Era. 

You do realize that is not saying much. Couldn't be more negative signs then there were in the Gase era.

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm interrupting this thread to bring a spelling PSA.

It's Kalil, not "Khalil"

It's Zach, not "Zack"

It's Becton, not "Bechton" (so many people doing this)

It's Robby, not "Robbie" (still seeing that one)

It's Scumbag, not "Belichick" (almost everyone gets this right now)

That is all.

image.png.7352dd3d7c9934f91a2d2526f1cba09c.png

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Actually you went off on Fant for a practice mistake.  One he did not make, but rather was made by Morgan Moses. 

You like to tell everybody how you know more than them about Nasrildeen because you watch Florida State.  Well, Ilved in DC for the last 8 years and you are overrating Morgan Moses.  He is fine, but nothing to get too excited about.  I don't know who rated Fant 62nd of 62.  First of all, there are 64 starting jobs at tackle in the NFL, unless two teams are going with a vaunted 4 guard offense.  PFF had him in the 60s with an identical rating to Bualaga and Cam Robinson.  The Raiders trotted 3 guys out 3 guys with ratings at 59, 47, and 57 and Juwaan Taylor on the Panthers was also in the 50s.  .  

• Upvote 1