Jump to content

Vinny Curry Done for Season


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets D excitement 2021….annnnndddddd it’s gone 

Who was excited? The people on this board who generally know what they are talking about have predicted a defensive trainwreck all off season.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who was excited? The people on this board who generally know what they are talking about have predicted a defensive trainwreck all off season.

I think hearing the reports from camp about Lawson got people hyped since we didn't even get to see him with Quinnen. Mosley looks to be back to form, or at least far better than I would have given him credit for. Secondary was always going to be a sh*t show.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think hearing the reports from camp about Lawson got people hyped since we didn't even get to see him with Quinnen. Mosley looks to be back to form, or at least far better than I would have given him credit for. Secondary was always going to be a sh*t show.

Just wait until part 2 of my prediction comes true. No later than October posters will be agitating against JD for "ignoring the defense." These will be many of the same who howled for an "all offense" draft.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who was excited? The people on this board who generally know what they are talking about have predicted a defensive trainwreck all off season.

I still wouldn’t say a train wreck but definitely somewhere between bottom 20-30 should be expected. I’m just looking for growth and hoping for a few of the young guys (ex. Hamsah, Echols, Sherwood, Ashtyn) to take a leap towards being big contributors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I still wouldn’t say a train wreck but definitely somewhere between bottom 20-30 should be expected. I’m just looking for growth and hoping for a few of the young guys (ex. Hamsah, Echols, Sherwood, Ashtyn) to take a leap towards being big contributors.

It is smart to temper expectations thusly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who was excited? The people on this board who generally know what they are talking about have predicted a defensive trainwreck all off season.

I have no idea what I'm talking about but I think deferring to the assumption that the Jets will be a trainwreck every year is a good place to be for mental health. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

Did Douglas end Curry's year because he's close to a deal for a DE?

Please let it be danille hunter. Imagine him and Lawson next year with Q and rankins in the middle. Would have the best line in football. And I don’t care if it costs us a 1st and a 3rd. We got extra picks and we will be bringing a young stud at only 26.
???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

So is Quinnen Williams strictly a DT in this system? Or can he flex out to DE in some situations? 
Just thinking of ways to get our 4 best DL on the field together….QW, Rankins, Fatulasi, and JFM. 

The best D coordinators in the league tend to be flexible with lineman, but it seems to me like it tends to be more DEs that move inside. However, if Quinnen keeps up the improvement from last year, I could see him being moved around more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...