Vinny Curry Done for Season

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets D excitement 2021….annnnndddddd it’s gone 

Who was excited? The people on this board who generally know what they are talking about have predicted a defensive trainwreck all off season.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who was excited? The people on this board who generally know what they are talking about have predicted a defensive trainwreck all off season.

I think hearing the reports from camp about Lawson got people hyped since we didn't even get to see him with Quinnen. Mosley looks to be back to form, or at least far better than I would have given him credit for. Secondary was always going to be a sh*t show.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think hearing the reports from camp about Lawson got people hyped since we didn't even get to see him with Quinnen. Mosley looks to be back to form, or at least far better than I would have given him credit for. Secondary was always going to be a sh*t show.

Just wait until part 2 of my prediction comes true. No later than October posters will be agitating against JD for "ignoring the defense." These will be many of the same who howled for an "all offense" draft.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I still wouldn’t say a train wreck but definitely somewhere between bottom 20-30 should be expected. I’m just looking for growth and hoping for a few of the young guys (ex. Hamsah, Echols, Sherwood, Ashtyn) to take a leap towards being big contributors.

Just now, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I still wouldn’t say a train wreck but definitely somewhere between bottom 20-30 should be expected. I’m just looking for growth and hoping for a few of the young guys (ex. Hamsah, Echols, Sherwood, Ashtyn) to take a leap towards being big contributors.

It is smart to temper expectations thusly.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have no idea what I'm talking about but I think deferring to the assumption that the Jets will be a trainwreck every year is a good place to be for mental health. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

Did Douglas end Curry's year because he's close to a deal for a DE?

Please let it be danille hunter. Imagine him and Lawson next year with Q and rankins in the middle. Would have the best line in football. And I don’t care if it costs us a 1st and a 3rd. We got extra picks and we will be bringing a young stud at only 26.
???

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

So is Quinnen Williams strictly a DT in this system? Or can he flex out to DE in some situations? 
Just thinking of ways to get our 4 best DL on the field together….QW, Rankins, Fatulasi, and JFM. 

The best D coordinators in the league tend to be flexible with lineman, but it seems to me like it tends to be more DEs that move inside. However, if Quinnen keeps up the improvement from last year, I could see him being moved around more.