BECTON Concussion?

Billyg

7 hours ago, greengeek said:

I just wish the big man a swift recovery. Protocol is better today than when Chrebet played. Better for the players and more frustrating for the fans, but beTtter overall.

The issue with protocol is that you really cant work out, so his conditioning could really suffer and its already an issue.

Its entirely possible that we see some sort of time share at LT to start the season with Fant and Becton.  Its far from ideal, but you dont want him out there if his conditioning is a real issue because it could lead to a more serious injury and we are fortunate to have a decent backup.

41 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Over rated on the road.  Beautiful in the garage.  

That’s why Porsche’s are so amazing.  Match their abilities on the road and can be daily drivers.  I beat my 911 up and they’re pretty indestructible 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s why Porsche’s are so amazing.  Match their abilities on the road and can be daily drivers.  I beat my 911 up and they’re pretty indestructible 

Totally agree.  Porsche builds cars to drive for the general public.  (If you can afford one)Ferrari builds cars to look at. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm sure Becton won't practice today, but has he actually been placed on concussion protocol?  

If he received a concussion bad enough that he puked, and shat his pants, he might be on it for awhile.

If he isn't placed on the concussion list, something else is going on.  Hard to think it is conditioning, it was only the 3rd snap of team drills.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Two ridiculous points in one post.

Congrats

Its deGrom btw

Im concerned about Becton. His troubles this summer in pass protection, his foot injury, now this. He didn't miss a lot of games last year. But he did sit a dew times for a quarter or two. Trouble breathing. Dizzy spell, another time. Im no doctor or predictor of the future. He's so much bigger than everyone else. I just wonder if his size, (as time goes on), will limit his availability. Sorry for using a capital letter in deGrom. It was a terrible mistake that needed to be pointed out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Im concerned about Becton. His troubles this summer in pass protection, his foot injury, now this. He didn't miss a lot of games last year. But he did sit a dew times for a quarter or two. Trouble breathing. Dizzy spell, another time. Im no doctor or predictor of the future. He's so much bigger than everyone else. I just wonder if his size, (as time goes on), will limit his availability. Sorry for using a capital letter in deGrom. It was a terrible mistake that needed to be pointed out.

He’s played well in games and has one year in the NFL.   One

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Things have changed very much for the better at least acknowledging concussions and trying to have some caution with them.

I remember really getting my bell rung in a high school football practice.  Got up ears ringing, dizzy, stumbling around.  Just went to the back of the line to repeat the drill.  no one said boo.

yea, I got knocked out twice in one game.  Smelling salts and aspirin.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I'm sure Becton won't practice today, but has he actually been placed on concussion protocol?  

If he received a concussion bad enough that he puked, and shat his pants, he might be on it for awhile.

If he isn't placed on the concussion list, something else is going on.  Hard to think it is conitioning, it was only the 3rd snap of team drills.

What's The White Stuff On Salmon When You Cook It?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2