BECTON Concussion?

Billyg

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

For all the sh*t Brick took for being to light to be great in the run game, he was a dam good LT for 10 years.  He started 16 games every year he played.  I would take that all day long from our first round pick.  

Fkin' A right.  

• Upvote 4

Funny how certain Jets fans think the Jets are the only team that has injuries.

I'll wait until players start missing real games before I start freaking out over banged-up players sitting out preseason practices. Teams are always super-cautious with injuries in preseason, so it's not worth fretting over.

• Upvote 4

I'll wait until players start missing real games before I start freaking out over banged-up players sitting out preseason practices. Teams are always super-cautious with injuries in preseason, so it's not worth fretting over.
Lawson and Curry will meet you in the parking lot week 1.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I lived through both Vinny and Chad both having season ending injuries before the seasons even freaking started

No team has had the horrible luck we have had.  None.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I don't know. 

We have been pretty snake-bitten in recent years with crucial injuries, particularly early in the season. 

Just think of the last three years. It's been pretty crazy, tbh

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

I lived through both Vinny and Chad both having season ending injuries before the seasons even freaking started

No team has had the horrible luck we have had.  None.

Every team has had injuries like that in their history. Enough with the self pity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not sure if official or not but if it is a concussion do you guys think he'll miss the 1st 4 weeks of regular season? ?

I think once in the concussion protocol it's a minimum of one week?  But typically players are out one or two weeks from what I remember.

NFL_ProtocolInfographic_102320a (3)

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Every team has had injuries like that in their history. Enough with the self pity. 

Every team has injuries, very few have multiple starting quarterbacks have season ending injuries before the season started in years they were expected to be competing for a Super Bowl

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

And Becton is not a finesse LT like Brick.  He’s a mauler

@Philc1 I disagree.  

Mekhi Becton receives ACC honor as conference's most outstanding blocker in pass protection. 

"Louisville left tackle Mekhi Becton has brought home some hardware early in college football award season. Becton was named the winner of the Jacobs Blocking Trophy. The award has been awarded to the ACC's most outstanding blocker in pass protection since 1953 an is voted on by league's head coaches and defensive coordinators". 

"The Louisville offense took a strong step forward behind Mekhi Becton's talent and leadership. Heading into the Kentucky game, Saturday, Becton had not allowed a single sack throughout 628 snaps this season".

"He also had 60 total knockdowns in 10 games and graded above 80% in nine of those 10 games". 

"Over the course of his career, he allowed just four sacks in 2,300 snaps and no holding penalties". 

As you can see @Philc1 @AlbaniajetMekhi Becton is an elite LT in both mauling and in pass protection too and as a Rookie last year outside of one game (Raiders) he was absolutely dominant and pure perfection in pass protection.  

He's a finesse pass protector and a mauler within the run game (combined). 

image.thumb.png.4ec35609ca84edafd1b7807fbc52a2b7.png

42 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Anyone who isn't at least bit concerned about Becton's conditioning, injuries that have caused him to miss time on the field, and his actual performance this spring are lying to themselves.

• He's been A++ dominant vs. both of NYG/GB and Zach Wilson hasn't been touched because of Mekhi Becton protecting his blindside with elite pass protection. 

• Concerned about his injuries? As a Rookie he played in 14 games and finished the season with 70% of our offensive snaps played (not as injured as you're making him out to seem).

• And all players get injured in Football because this is Football (and not ping pong). 

Concerned about Becton's conditioning? 

This beast would maul you alive (and you'd never question his conditioning at 6'8 again).

image.thumb.png.a7208dc51b8e499a8125da44fc7b9966.png

image.thumb.png.c3220416616c7528ed196ded44608c80.png

PS: All NFL Offensive Lineman are "out of shape" because they all weigh close to and well over 300 lbs but no NFL O-Lineman can run a 40 time as fast as Mekhi Becton;

So you might as well start nitpicking the other 160 starting NFL O-Linemen about their "weight" and their "conditioning" too (while you're at it).

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Anyone who isn't at least bit concerned about Becton's conditioning, injuries that have caused him to miss time on the field, and his actual performance this spring are lying to themselves.

Becton's availability issues last year were 100% due to Jets coaching incompetency. Fortunately, the incompetent-in chief is long gone. And a concussion? Give me a break, it's football.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• He's been A++ dominant vs. both of NYG/GB and Zach Wilson hasn't been touched because of Mekhi Becton protecting his blindside with elite pass protection. 

• Concerned about his injuries? As a Rookie he played in 14 games and finished the season with 70% of our offensive snaps played (not as injured as you're making him out to seem).

• And all players get injured in Football because this is Football (and not ping pong). 

Concerned about Becton's conditioning? 

This beast would maul you alive (and you'd never question his conditioning at 6'8 again).

image.thumb.png.a7208dc51b8e499a8125da44fc7b9966.png

image.thumb.png.c3220416616c7528ed196ded44608c80.png

Not sure why you felt the need to post photos. Photos aren't an argument. I would hope he'd fair well against backups, but when he faced our starters and Packers/eagles starters he did not perform well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Becton's availability issues last year were 100% due to Jets coaching incompetency. Fortunately, the incompetent-in chief is long gone. And a concussion? Give me a break, it's football.

explain to me how Becton's injuries are coaches fault? I'd love to heat it

8 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Not sure why you felt the need to post photos. Photos aren't an argument. I would hope he'd fair well against backups, but when he faced our starters and Packers/eagles starters he did not perform well.

In week 1 against the Giants he went up against their starting pass rusher who they just selected during the 2nd round who was a BEAST pass rusher for Georgia within the elite SEC; and Mekhi Becton made him look like he didn't even belong. 

Watch this video below since you're now acting and pretending as if Becton only feasts against backups (what a joke). 

"Backups". 

?

20 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

explain to me how Becton's injuries are coaches fault? I'd love to heat it

Please stop it already. 

You're acting and pretending as if he "tore an ACL in week two" and then "broke a leg here in training camp".

When in reality he played in 14 games as a rookie (despite no 2020 offseason due to covid) and played 70% of our Offensive Snaps last year.  

While you're being extreme would you care to tell us about all the Jets Rookies and all the other NFL players who didn't play anywhere near 70% of snaps last year, or would that not fit your Mekhi Becton agenda?

• Upvote 1

Article linked in post above:

The Jets will still have their most talented offensive lineman for Week 1.

During joint practices with the Eagles on Tuesday, Mekhi Becton suffered a head injury that caused him to puke on the sidelines. He was put in the concussion protocol and pulled from Gang Green’s preseason finale against the Eagles on Friday.

But Becton will still be ready for the team’s Week 1 game against the Carolina Panthers a source told the Daily News.

Becton’s injury was part of an up and down training camp for the mammoth left tackle.

While Becton’s run blocking has been good during training camp, his pass blocking has been inconsistent. He faced tough battles with Carl Lawson and Packers outside linebacker Preston Smith.

Jets offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur said Becton “isn’t playing his best right now,” after the second joint practice with the Packers. But he also pointed out Becton didn’t have an OTA, which slowed down his understanding of the offensive scheme.

LaFleur still has unwavering confidence in Becton and believes immensely in his talent. Head coach Robert Saleh also mentioned that Becton is still learning the intricacies from a technique standpoint.

“It is a completely different scheme that he’s in, not only in the run game, but from a protection standpoint,” Saleh said. “And where he’s used to just getting in front of people and mauling them, we’re asking him to run off the ball and do things a little bit differently than he’s used to. He’s pulling, this outside zone scheme, it’s not just inside zone, maul the guy in front of you because you’re just a big human. We’re trying to extract the athleticism that he has, which he does. And there’s an adjustment that he’s got to go through and obviously.”

While there’s been an adjustment period for Becton, he hasn’t allowed any pressure to rookie quarterback Zach Wilson in the preseason games. Those games were against second team defenses, but Becton still flashed his talent and had a pancake block on a receiver screen against the Packers.