Pat McAfee: Is Wilson going to be a star?

I didn't look at the video but whether wilson becomes a star or not 100% depends on some players from Douglas's 1st draft turning it around, a good number from this past draft being who we hope and next years draft being really good.

There are great QBs but not many look great if their team has major faults.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Even though it's preseason, it's nice to get excited by what we're actually seeing, as opposed to a bowl game two years ago.

For sure.  This is a lot of fun.  I've watched every one of these videos and enjoy each one - knowing that it means close to nothing, but it is fun...

As you stated, far better than having to look back on one dominant game before he was a pro as something to show superstar potential.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

For sure.  This is a lot of fun.  I've watched every one of these videos and enjoy each one - knowing that it means close to nothing, but it is fun...

As you stated, far better than having to look back on one dominant game before he was a pro as something to show superstar potential.

I honestly think it means more than people say.  I've never bought into "preseason is meaningless."  Preseason records are meaningless.  But, there's a lot you can learn, if you know what you're looking for.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I didn't look at the video but whether wilson becomes a star or not 100% depends on some players from Douglas's 1st draft turning it around, a good number from this past draft being who we hope and next years draft being really good.

There are great QBs but not many look great if their team has major faults.

You should watch the vid.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I honestly think it means more than people say.  I've never bought into "preseason is meaningless."  Preseason records are meaningless.  But, there's a lot you can learn, if you know what you're looking for.

The kid hasn't even been hit yet.  He has all the time in the world, with second string corner.

He's going to struggle - A LOT.

But I do agree, the poise he's showing, the smoothness, the way he's going through his reads - I can't even remember a vet we've had that has looked that clean.  

Everything is there - but be ready for week 2 when he plays BB.  No matter what he does - he's going to look bad.