Jets fans being mean to Connor Hughes on Twitter

Salehery

This is typical. Any negative press this time of year tends to annoy people. There will plenty of negativity to go around once the regular season begins. Also judging by our experience with Sanchez, Geno (to a lesser extent), and Darnold any negativity towards Wilson this year will cause a major uproar on Jets Twitter. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Salehery said:

This is typical. Any negative press this time of year tends to annoy people. There will plenty of negativity to go around once the regular season begins. Also judging by our experience with Sanchez, Geno (to a lesser extent), and Darnold any negativity towards Wilson this year will cause a major uproar on Jets Twitter. 

Connor Hughes isn't a Jets fan but isn't he an ex place kicker? Nothing a place kicker says can get me excited. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Connor Hughes shouldn’t respond to the tweets . Any idiot can be a tough guy on Twitter. He should just ignore.

Connor is not a Jets fan. He is a sports reporter assigned to cover the team. The same is true for 80-90% of the NY beat writers. 

That’s the difference between this town and everywhere else. The guys who cover the Jacksonville Jaguars are die-hard Jaguars fans. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Twitter is a weird, mean, unrealistic place...I stay away except to follow for camp 

Not just Twitter. Social media in general. Like alternate reality. I use it as little as possible. I like Connor. He's a bit over sensitive and melodramatic but he's not like our boy Dickie Downer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Not just Twitter. Social media in general. Like alternate reality. I use it as little as possible. I like Connor. He's a bit melodramatic but he's not like our boy Dickie Downer.

I like Hughes also.  He's the only pay wall scribe that I read.

I will say though since he got married he's been writing some lazy articles.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I like Hughes also.  He's the only pay wall scribe that I read.

I will say though since he got married he's been writing some lazy articles.  

Yeah true. Access has been curtailed a lot with the regs. I feel like they have no choice but to manufacture content. That's what a lot of camp is already anyway. I feel like once they have game film and content to consume, business will pick up. Right now, they are just trying to get to September.

And I remember newlywed days. I'd be lazy too 😅

Connor Hughes sucks.  He's a clueless hack.  That said, people who get bent out of shape because people are mean to them on social media are pathetic.  If you're putting your sh*t out there for the world to critique, then expect people to talk sh*t and dont get all bothered by it when it happens.  Such a weird phenomenon with social media.  

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I am a fan of his because he is a positive guy and he takes his job seriously.  If I had known how sensitive he is I probably would not have made fun of him for telling too many personal anecdotes.

I give him sh*t on his podcast. People don't tune in for the Chronicles of Connor, they want to hear Jets stuff  

• Haha 2

Connor, if you are reading this, just don't engage with your critics on the petty criticisms.  It just makes you look whiny and unprofessional.  As an example, remember that when Howard Stern was at the absolute height of his popularity, some of the biggest web-sites in existence were dedicated to ripping him apart every day.  Just do your best to plow forward and not pay attention to it.  Try to remember that a large amount of people are on Twitter just to get a rise out of people (which is why I am not on Twitter) and have confidence in the product that you are delivering. 

stuart smalley its not going to be perfect but thats okay GIF by Saturday Night Live