Zach Wilson = NFL's 4th Highest QB Rating.

11 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Just for context:

Mac Jones is the #1 graded QB for PFF amongst rookies. Both Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater have higher passer ratings than Zach.

You're correct. 

Zach Wilson has the 4th highest QB Rating amongst the entire league. 

Screenshot_20210825-002133_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7bce1158a62b5c62b2b9c112e3cade65.jpg

1.) Ben Roethlisberger = 158.3.

2.) Jacoby Brissett = 142.1.

3.) Teddy Bridgwater = 141.0. 

4.) Zach Wilson = 137.7. 

(Mac Jones is ranked 35th in QB Rating @ 84.6).

And just for context:

Ben Roethlisberger = 18th year in the league.

Jacoby Brissett = 6th year in the league.  

Teddy Bridgewater = 7th year in the league. 

Zach Wilson = Rookie (1st year in the league).

Rookie QB Rating amongst all NFL QB's. 

1st.) Zach Wilson = 137.7.

24th.) Trey Lance = 95.8.

35th.) Mac Jones = 84.6

36th.) Justin Fields = 83.5.

45th.) Trevor Lawrence = 78.1.

90th.) Kyle Trask = 33.2. 

• Sympathy 1

cindy asked "where do you live in Kansas?"

well cindy…that feels strange to just blurt it out to the world…so i will say 
in the very middle of the state.
the good part.

and she asked "what tips do you have for starting a photography business?"

i decided to just give it a try…said yes when people asked me…even though it made me feel sick to my stomach the first 10 times at least.
but i put no pressure on myself.
meaning i said "if this doesn't work, if i am away from my family too much, if i am not good enough, if i am not happy then i will say at least i tried it."  and that would be that.
i have not put any money into marketing the business yet.
it has all been word of mouth…
so my biggest tip is get out there and try.

misty asked me "how do you edit your photos?"

i use the software with iPhoto for all my personal pictures.
i use that and Picnik for my work photos.  i want to learn photoshop but i am big fat chicken.
but it's on my 35 things list so sometime this year i will do it.

she also asked "how do you get so many people to follow your blog?"  

misty…you meant that in a nice way right?
i am sure you did.
i think people come here because….it's colorful…bright…cheerful….focuses on the good…
lots of fun places to click that aren't ads..
or maybe it's to laugh at how cooky i am to have five kids and drag them all over the country for photos?
my first big break was today's creative blog.  and the inspired room after that.  
those were when my stats jumped big time for the first time.
but i am certain they don't come for long wordy post like this one that focus on ME ME ME.

and she asked "can you give tutorial on tye dye?"

maybe someday…but it was so stressful this summer that i couldn't focus.  
i just use the box they sell at walmart in the craft dept. and followed the instructions…you can do that!

AND SHE ASKED…"how did i learn to sew?"

i took home ec in high school and made a lovely maroon and yellow Trojans sweatshirt that was never worn because i made it way too small for me on accident.
but then when i quit selling Creative Memories (fun fact right there) 
i had a small amount of money to spend…
i bought a wicker loveseat (that my husband threw away when we moved to ks…w/out asking me!!!)
a chenille bedspread (that is now been made into pillows all over etsy)
and a $99 sewing machine from sears with my mother.
she taught me how to thread it, sew a straight stitch and even make a button hole…that was awesome.
thanks mom.

sara asked "what is your favorite room in your house?"

i guess it's the kitchen.  i spend 98% of the day in there so…
the kitchen.

and she asked "what is your favorite restaurant?"

in wichita?  Red Rock Canyon…i love it for dinners with craig on a date.  
it's dark..i have a thing for lighting in restaurants…i don't like to see other people.
and it's good food..a real treat.  
but i will never order the Moo, Cluck and Oink because it's just WRONG. 
on a date you should never have to say those words.  
period. 

so i order the steak and glazed carrots and smashed potatoes and i am one happy woman.

and my MIL makes cinnamon rolls so i don't think i have had the breadbasket's. 
but i do love their coconut cream merrengae pie.

mindy asked for some "tips on organizing"
ha ha ha.
good one mindy!  you have my family crying with laughter.

i apologize profusely if i have given the illusion that i am organized…
i am not.
we have a few routines but i usually mess those up too.
the chore chart is probably as organized as i get.
and the two middle kids switch off unloading the dishwasher and the two oldest switch off loading it. 

i also do things like forget to pick my kids up from events…
miss programs or promotions…
lock my babies in the car with the keys accidently which resulted in mall security rescuing us…
burn food almost every meal…
and my house is a mess!

abby and sara asked "how did you choose your children's names?"

lauren is named after my sister Lorel.
scott is named after craig's brother that was still born…sweet baby scott.
sean is a name we both liked.
talby is a name i heard (friend of craig's whom i have never met) when sean was a baby and i saved in my head for the next baby.  i love it.  it's so perfect for her.  (it's pronounced like talbot's but it's tal-bee)
and miss annie…we decided when we looked at her.  ann is a family name too.

cassie asked me "have you learned how to cook pork yet?"

it's only been two weeks!!! the answer is no.
but craig made some kind of pork in the crockpot on sunday and it was goooooood.

Heather asked me "why don't my pictures with my new SLR look any better than with my point & shoot?"

you have to mess with your settings…read photography blogs and do what they say…read books… 
ashleyannkaren russell…they give great tips and i have learned a lot from them.
but just using your auto green square setting won't get you better pictures.
i change my settings almost every time i pick up my camera…because your light is different each time.

and she asked (and many people have asked me this) "how do you get your picture so big on your blog?"

i don't know anything about blogspot.
sorry.

AND she as
ked "will you sell your prints on etsy?"

maybe someday i will heather…when i have some time to focus on the shop…this winter?  hopefully.

meaghen wanted to know "how are your indoor shots so bright."

i shoot in bright rooms.  our kitchen has two walls that are all windows…so it's bright.
i don't shoot in the dark rooms.

and she asked "what does craig do for a living"

he's a latex salesman.
he's an architect.
he works for the yankees.

another heather wants to know "how can i see chippendales in kansas with you?"

oh heather…i tried to take you…but you insisted on going on a week long trip to hawaii with your husband instead.  ha ha ha ha ha

Kelly asked "can i move in with you" 

i might consider this kelly if you agree to take the morning carpool run.
i really dislike getting up at 6:30 and driving all around our town in the near dark listening to 
fighting kids and radio disney.
and you'd have to take over the laundry too…my enemy.

erica asked "did you always want a big family?"

yes erica, i did.  
always.
craig says five is enough.  
and i respect him because he is my wonderful husband.  
so i only bring up how i long for more babies once a week or so.

but i will agree with him very much that it is not easy having such differing ages in the house.
a high schooler and a baby would be hard for me.

i could do it…but it would be exhausting.  

jennifer asked "can i set up a photo session with you?"

yes.  but in the spring.
i took my last photo session of 2009 today!  
i will use november to finish editing every shoot i have left 
and then i will spend december with my family.
then i will sew and fill my etsy shop all winter.
then i will start back up with photo sessions in the spring.
i only take pictures outside (except newborns…they are done in my kitchen all year round) so 
with this weather…i am done till spring.  
jennifer…i will put your email address on my spring schedule list…thanks!

who else would like to be on that list?  email me.  

diana asked "are we related?"

you have duerksen spelled differently in your comment…so probably not.
but if that was a typo then probably yes.
you know these communities…we are all related pretty much…it's that mennonite blood.
not mine but craig's.

keri asked "what bible study are you doing right now?"

i was going to write a post on that this week!  thanks for asking.
we are studying Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow.
i really really like it…and i don't get anxious.

and she asked "are you dressing up for halloween?"

no.  craig even suggested we skip it this year all together…but the kids wont' agree to that!
we quit buying new costumes a few years ago.
they have to use what we have or come up with something on their own.
no one is ready in the least…it's one day away for school parade, etc.

AND she asked "what is your dream job?"

ok…this is corny…i know…
i have my dream job keri.
i am serious.  
i love being a mom and a wife…and now a little bit of a photographer/artist thrown in.
i don't think anything else could satisfy me.

but if you want me to DREAM…let's see…
george clooney's assistant?
i wouldn't get anything done though because i would just be staring into his eyes all day long!

and the last question was from erin… "what did you decide to do with the 3rd floor?"

boring answer for the last question…nothing.
we have many projects in our heads but nothing that we are ready to start on soon.
but i liked the idea of filling it with beds like a dorm…think Facts of Life.

ok…my fingers hurt.
and my eyes are burning from staring at this computer screen.
that was the longest blog post i have ever seen.
go get some visine so you can carry on with your day…i am so sorry.

thanks for asking.
if you like this…let me know in the comments and maybe we'll do it more often.

show hide 75 comments

MaryBeth -

yes! ESP for the newbies. i have no idea how i got to you– maybe trina? anyway…i of course needed some back story since you’ve become a daily comfort food for me ?
and thanks SOOOO much for saying you are not organized..it makes you more lovable and inspiring..

eds -

These q&as are my favorite! I do hope you do more.
Since you shared with us, here’s a confession from me: My parents graduated from your alma mater, so even though we didn’t live there, sometimes we would go to your basketball games. When I was a little girl, I thought your husband was a superstar (and I guess he was!)!

love that you are real…and forget to pick up your kids too! love it! and well, you are just fun!

Melissa -

Your husband is mennonite? Isn’t that like Amish? So, did he leave? I guess so. I would love to hear more! We just moved to KY and there are lots of Amish and Mennonites around here.
Melissa

Logan -

You didn’t seem to enjoy the q & a so much. If you don’t like it, you shouldn’t do it. Those of you who blog are probably accustomed to all the questions. It would make me nervous!
I think you did a great job with your answers, though, and I certainly do enjoy your blog and get nosy myself sometime, but I won’t ask the nosy questions. Promise!

Julie -

Love it!!! I’d write more, but my 5 year old keeps getting out of bed. He’s not excited about Halloween or anything. Nope, not him!

Simies -

Yes, i liked it! Thank you ?

Tiffany -

Love it!!

mel -

This was so fun to read. I am a newer reader to your blog (LOVE it!!) We have “friends” in common (Heather & Julie) It was fun learning more about you. I loved the advice on the photography business. I recently started doing photography on the side (occasionally) because people asked me if I would take pics for them. It has been scary, but so fun! Glad to know you were scared at first also!
And, photoshop will change your life!!! It is an amazing program. If you come to cali for julie’s bday I can teach you ?

Sara -

This was great! I liked the Q&A, it didn’t get boring. ? Great blog!

Beth -

I really like your blog. I know that it will make me happy when I read it. Thank you for that. Also, I have a friend who has a little boy named Talbey (spelled different than your daughter’s name, but pronouced the same) and it’s such a cute name.

traci -

great post meg. i love questions and answers. thanks for the link to ashleyann’s site. i have never been there before. beautiful.

You’re my very favorite blog to read! ?

okay, i’ve been mulling it over for a while and i just decided that i have to share the easiest, most delicious pork meal that i have for you. It literally has 4 ingredients. Pork Chops, Butter, Cracked Black Pepper, and Balsamic Vinegar. I hope you adore it as much as my family and I do. It’s called “Balsamic Pork Chops.”
Get breakfast pork chops (not to thick…delish if they still have the bone in them)
Saute’ them in butter (about 1/4 of a stick) until they brown up.
Reduce the heat a bit and add cracked black pepper to flavor, be generous… and approx 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar. (you want it to cover the bottom of your pan)
It’s going to steam up really quickly so at this point cover them and let them cook until the pink is out of the middle.
Make sure the balsamic has soaked into the pork chops as they have cooked, if not, don’t be afraid to add some more balsamic.
Once the pork is cooked, remove from the pan, but DO NOT dump the balsamic/pepper drippings.
Now you are going to add the rest of the butter (approx 3/4 of the stick), turn up the heat and add lots of balsamic to make the gravy. Bring it to a boil so it has the consistency of gravy. Remove from heat.
We serve it with mashed potatoes, peas, and a small side salad. The “gravy” gets poured over the pork chops and the mashed potatoes. My daughter adds the peas to her potatoes. It’s one dish that my entire family raves over and I make it a lot for guests because it’s fast, pretty healthy, and is SUPER easy. Even my 16 mo. old loves it. I hope you will try it and let me know if you liked it.
Happy Cooking!
Smiles,
Joni

Cris -

I want to George’s assistant too…isn’t he dreamy??

Stacie -

thanks for sharing yourself! i loved it. i didn’t get to ask anything this time. maybe next time. you are amazing! keep up all the great work.

Amy Bryant -

You rock! I read only three blogs daily and yours is where I come for my happy, normal, feel-good fix. Thank you for that. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. You may not be perfect, but you are perfectly special. I will likely never meet you, but reading your blog daily feels like a little visit with a friend.

Melanie -

That was a fun post. I like to learn different things about my blog friends.
I come to your blog because you are fun, real, and colorful!
http://southerncomfortinanorthernlife.blogspot.com

Lori -

I liked it. Definitely do it again sometime!

Wendy -

Have you ever been told you look like the actress Cheryl Hines???? Everytime I watch “Curb your Enthusiasm”, I think of you. ?

Sandy -

I missed the post asking for questions, but loved reading the answers! As for the one asking why you have so many followers…I can only answer for myself, but it’s because you’re REAL. All the time. Dirty laundry, hide & seek teen, everything we can relate to. My sister has a blog that I can’t even read anymore because it’s so sugar coated it makes me sick to my stomach. Lets just say I’m close enough to her to know life isn’t always as great as she wants to make it appear.
Love that you received recognition for your cake!!

clever rephrasing of my ACTUAL QUESTION!
HAHA!
i’m still kicking myself for choosing boring old kauai.

Jessica F -

Loved the Q and A!! I’m sorry I missed it. I was wondering what fabric the brown and floral pillow in your shop was made out of (with the vintage chenille and pom poms). I really hoped to buy one, but I was to late! And are you going to open your shop again????

Ruth -

love it! never too long ? i always wondered about talby’s name, it’s so cute!

Jenny -

Okay, I just found your blog…so many “likes”! I can’t even list them all. Just want you to know that I am enjoying it and following along! Also, it’s always fun to find another blogger who loves the Lord.
If you have the time, come by the Southern Institute for Domestice Arts and Crafts at http://sidac.blogspot.com! Follow along if you’d like!

Diana -

This was truly fun and interesting! I’m sure everyone could come up with more questions for you to skirt around *wink*
Yep, that was a typo for the name in my post… BUT! I have several spelling variations in the genealogy of most all the surnames, and yeah, they’re all Mennonite. Would be cool to know the family link maybe someday.
Thank you for always sharing your life with us… and showing us that there IS so much happiness in the world if people will just take hold of it!

Jen -

This was great, but you forgot that your husband is also a marine biologist. ?

Melody -

I’m new here, how do I find your etsy store?

Marie -

Fun! I have an awesome pork crockpot recipe for you if like mexican food…it’s so good I’m dreaming about it right now!

TRACI -

LOVED IT and I have also been wondering what your husband does for a living. I know houses are less expensive in Ks but even with that you do live a grand life for a family as large as yours ? THANKS FOR SHARING MEG and please do it again!!!!!

Jilly -

Love this and I don’t think it is too long at all. I KNOW there are more questions too (only because I am just catching up from the week so I didn’t get to ask all of my intriguing questions!). I love that you love your life, you are inspirational on so many levels!

Yes I love it! very entertaining. ?

Gina -

I liked it! You should keep answering questions! ?

I loved it!
Your husband has some interesting occupations…does he also have a house in the Hamptons?

dawn -

You should do this again sometime. ? I love your blog. Its one I actually check on a regular basis (in fact, if you can tell if people click on your page — you might think I’m a stalker — but I’m not, I promise.) I like that you share a lot — without sharing too much. Oh — and I have the rainbow cake on my list of “things I need to do this year”. And the mint brownies. And that breakfast dish…I think it was French toast in a pan… Thank you!

Lisa -

Fantastic post. You really are an inspiration to new moms like me. I agree that a dream job would be stay at home mom and wife with a little me time for craftiness. I love how fun filled and exciting your life seems, even when you are doing the everyday normal stuff. Thanks for a great read today – yes I read the whole thing ?
Take care,
Lisa

Gratsia -

What a great blog Thanks for sharing with us. Its lovely to see ? Have a good weekend!!

Amber -

Meg….i loved this post. esp your answer on already having your dream job. i certainly have my moments…but i’m right there with ya!

BriBedell -

Seriously that was not long by any means. I read some other blogs where moms go on and on and on and on and well you get the picture ? I think you are a fun, real, cool person! Thanks for sharing!!

Here is a crazy-good tutorial on how to make your photos larger in Blogger and other blog hosts. It’s not mine! But I have used her advice with success on my own blog- http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-make-your-photos-appear-bigger.html
She has a pretty neat blog, too!
Meg- Loved the q&a! Can’t wait for the next one! And congrats on the Urban Outfitters post! That is so cool!

purejoy -

i loved it. i feel like i live next door to you. (kinda wish i did. i could borrow your little ones for a mommy/girly fix)

Janelle -

Thanks for posting – I just love your blog. And you’re right, one of the reasons I continue to come back is because I think you must be insane to have FIVE kids! I totally admire you for it – I have two that drive me batty, can’t image three more on top of that! I think it’s wonderful though and I really enjoy looking at your photos and your beautiful home. I grew up in an old Victorian, really wish I could do the same for my own children sometimes. One Q I would have asked though (and I’m sure I would find the A to if I really went through your blog a bit closer) but how old are all the kiddos?

misty -

one of my favorite posts & YES I MEANT MY QUESTION IN A GOOD WAY! ? I found your blog when i was on HGTV’s rate my space and mysweetsavannah’s home is wonderful & she said to check out her blog~ then I read the blogs that she follows & you are one of them~ now it’s my favorite one to read and the only one I read daily. I am so glad you answered the photography questions. I am wanting to buy a good camera to take pics of my daughter & was CLUELESS. thanks for answering my questions!! ?

pve -

Dang, I usually check here daily and did not the day of the Q & A —
What do you eat for breakfast? Are you human? Do you sleep?
I love your photos and your blog and your love for life!
pve

Renee -

Would you consider coming to Washington DC to take pictures of my brood??? xoxo

Very fun…thanks for answering. ?

Jamie -

MORE MORE MORE. please.

Kacey -

Oh, I loved it! It was fun to learn more about you. You seem to have such an amazing life – it was nice to see more about how you make it all happen.

Heather -

I liked it. ?

Heather -

I come here for all of the reasons you listed and because I agree with Susie- because it is HONEST! I have been reading blogs and have my own for over a year now. Most of the blogs I go to are sunshine and daisies all of the time. I started feeling inferior about myself as a mother and wife- Why can’t I keep my house spotless, keep the laundry put away, bake amazing gourmet meals, cupcakes and still have time to do fun art projects with my kids??? I stumbled on your post where you showed your laundry piled everywhere and I was hooked at that moment. To me- that made you more of a superwoman than the ones who claim to have it all together. Thank You!!
LOVED the Q&A!!!
Heather:)

Patti -

thanks so much for making me smile this morning! ok, the coffee sitting in front of me helped a little, but you have a way with words that keeps me wanting to come back for more! thanks for making our world a little bit lighter and brighter each day!!

Rachel -

Meg, Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself…I enjoyed it…have a wonderful day!!!
Rachel

Michelle Richmond -

Yes, I did enjoy this post. It’s a little way of getting to know you a bit more. Thanks for sharing….Michelle.

Kelly -

Love the Q&A feature-keep it up! Your blog is my favorite-I especially like your Happy Things on the right side.

fun fun!! Looks like we’ll be making a quick trip home at Christmas. Would love to get together. . .maybe show you a little bit of Photoshop. . .Grab coffee. . .something. ? Oh, and I think you had mentioned something about business cards. I know someone who could help you get those. . .Me!! The expensive piece of paper on my wall says I’m qualified. ?
http://loridanelle.blogspot.com

oh, megan you made me laugh so hard! especially the ‘craig’s job’, ‘where do you live’ and ‘can you take my family photos’ questions. the first two because of our ‘stalker’ish’ conversation and the fact that i know the answers and then the photos one because THAT’S MY BESTEST FRIEND ASKING IT!!! ha ha!
i’ve heard with typepad since it’s a marketing type of page, that the pics can be larger than on a blogspot(which is why i want one..even though i have nothing to market!).
i THINK about stepping out and taking people’s photos when i get my dslr and i get the twisty tummy. i don’t like it.
the reason for so many hits on your page is due to the type of blog you have:
HONEST
there are so few anymore that it’s such a delight and inspiration to people when they find them, that they refuse to let it go. even when they start to feel “stalker’ish” reading them. ? thanks for the laugh this morning! i look forward to more q&a’s in the future.

Nancy -

Love the George Costanza reference. I used to love “Ya’Ya’s” in Wichita. Is it still there on Rock Road? I haven’t been back there since we moved in 2000. Good times!

Liz -

And so we get to know more about you. Love it!

meaghan -

that post was awesome!!! great idea, and not at all too long! i’m assuming your answer to “what does craig do” was multiple choice ? you just seem so cute and fun and like the friend everyone wants to have ?

Sarah -

Great way to get to know you!
I’ve been reading your blog off and one and love it. I started reading when your header was the colored licorice. I found you from the inspired room.
I’m in Kansas too.

Amy -

Yeah for Q & A’s! Thanks for sharing!
I am still kicking myself for spotting you in good ol’ Overland Park a while back and not saying something. I can’t believe I missed my chance! Next time I see you in my area, I promise to run up and smile…
? amy

Kimberly -

I love it, thank you for sharing!

Loved it. Thanks for spilling the beans, so to speak:)

Jill -

Thank you so much for this post! I have been following your blog since I stopped working to stay home with my boys this August. It was hard adjusting to my new “job” during those first weeks, but your blog has always been able to calm MY anxious heart. When it gets trying, I come to your blog, look at the pictures and happy moments, and remember why I am here with my own children. It feels good to know there are other people out there who put their families and values first.

Kelly -

What fun! Thanks! ?
And I do love mornings and I already do carpool stuff here so it looks like I get to move in. And since the 3rd floor is still empty I can bring all my kids with me. I forgot to mention that little part didn’t I? ?
Seriously though, I do love your blog. It’s a must-read for me! Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better. ?

kristi rediske -

wow-I really liked this-it wasn’t to long at all. I have actually wondered some of these things too so it was fun reading your comments. You are an inspiration-I think you have motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things-Thanks. I have written you before because I am from the same town you live in-don’t live there anymore but do visit my mom so I like hearing about things from there.

Sally Mangham -

I discovered your blog through Cookie Monday’s and I love your house and all that you have shared. I love photography too, but I am scared to step out there…so many thanks for sharing your journey! You are inspiring! The Q&A was great too!!

Kyleigh -

Loved it! but I missed it! DOH! I think I was asleep… the time difference between Kansas and the south of England being what it is.
Deffo do it again!

Thanks for the q & a, Meg. I’d been wondering about that third floor….Love, love, love Linda Dillow’s book Calm My Anxious Heart. I keep on buying it and giving it away to friends who ask about it…it’s that sort of book, right? It’s on my “to do” list to buy another one this month. Like you, I’m not generally anxious, but I just simply adore her perspective and “real-ness” – so encouraging. Hope you’re having a great week. Meredith xo.
p.s. radio Disney? Talk about taking one for the team.

Oh yes I love it. Lets do it again sometime ?

How fun! I loved reading your answers!
sandy toe

donna -

I loved your q & a post………..I love being a mom too – I have one more than you, it’s exhausting and sometimes very difficult(like just a minute ago when my son and I had a verbal war), but it is rewarding!!!
I don’t know how I missed your post to ask you a question – I am a daily follower – oh well next time!!
Do you have any crafts for the upcoming holidays that you can blog about????
Have a great day!

Jess -

I can’t even remember when I first came across your blog, but you are right. I became hooked on your colorful, bright, cheerful, and focusing on the good blog. It’s my happy place!

Kara -

Oh, I love your blog! I liked the Q & A. Is your husband also an importer/exporter? ?

Kathy -

I love it, thanks for sharing a little bit of your life!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 3
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Gramsci said:

Just for context:

Mac Jones is the #1 graded QB for PFF amongst rookies. Both Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater have higher passer ratings than Zach.

For further context, this poster is a bozo Pats fan who’s been lurking this forum to pump up his checkdown boy. I think he has some kind of crush. Kinda creepy. 

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

For further context, this poster is a bozo Pats fan who’s been lurking this forum to pump up his checkdown boy. I think he has some kind of crush. Kinda creepy. 

Any actual evidence for this?

He's been a decent poster for a while and IIRC was one the biggest advocates of Zach during the draft.

Mac Jones has been excellent. There's nothing between him and Wilson right now. I'd say the latter has shown more potential but we already knew that, it's why he went 2nd and Jones 15th.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Assuming everything you've said it true... we have fans getting the vapors for Wilson. What would be wrong with a Pats fan being jazzed over Mac's pre-season performance?

7 hours ago, Gramsci said:

Just for context:

You know when PFF grades someone 2nd, I had no friggen idea that meant 1 person was ranked above him.  Or that I should care about PFFs ranking system right now

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

For further context, youre calling Wilson check down boy?

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

There's a reason why people intentionally go to settings and hide their posting history in order to avoid people looking up their posts. People who hide posting history have something to hide. 

Edit: but this poster specifically I don't believe is a Patriots fan he was just correcting me because I thought Wilson had the #1 QB Rating. 

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There's a reason why he intentionally went to settings and hid his posting history in order to avoid people looking up his posts. People who hide posting history have something to hide. 

Could you please hide your posting? 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Have anything to say about Zach Wilson? Or did you just enter this thread in order to quote me while talking 0 Football? 

And what happened to you telling all of us that "NATHAN PETERMAN" had had a better preseason than Zach Wilson? ?

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Have anything to say about Zach Wilson? Or did you just enter this thread in order to quote me while talking 0 Football? 

And what happened to you telling all of us that "NATHAN PETERMAN" had had a better preseason than Zach Wilson? ?

He currently has better stats than Wilson in the 2021 pre-season, Genius. It takes 3 seconds to look it up and a regular person would figure out that pre-season is not a good indicator as Wilson will almost assuredly have a better career than Nathan Peterman. They'd also realize that Peterman played an entire pre-season game so obviously he's going to have higher stats. 

..but then you don't even know what year it currently is..

Seriously, stop. Calm the hell down and realize that every single person who doesn't excitedly jump on the whatever mental hype train you manufacture is your enemy. Get out of your own way. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Exactly.  Means nothing, but it’s A LOT better than him sucking.  
I’m getting that hopeful feeling again,

Preseason doesn't mean nothing. 

Go and watch Kyle Trask.  

Jets fans such as myself would be freaking the fk out if Zach Wilson had looked like Kyle Trask. 

And you have every right to be hopeful because this kid is the real deal. 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He currently has better stats than Wilson, Genius. It takes 3 seconds to look it up. 

No he doesn't.

and if you believe that Nathan Peterman has "better stats' than Zach Wilson? That just goes to show JN how you know absolutely nothingness about the QB position. 

Zach Wilson: 2021 (2 games). Rookie. 

16/20 (80.0%)  

191 Passing Yards.

(9.5 yards per pass attempt).

2 TDs.

0 INTs.

0 sacks.

0 fumbles.

QB Rating of 120.7.

Vs. 

Nathan Peterman: 2021 (2 games). 5th year player. 

45/63 (71.4%).

418 passing yards.

(6.6 yards per pass attempt).

1 TD.

3 INTs.

7 sacks.

1 fumble.

QB Rating of 73.1.

@jeremy2020

image.thumb.png.8955ed95c9dfe6ea3122d6516e37073a.png

@jeremy2020

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He's been a decent poster for a while and IIRC was one the biggest advocates of Zach during the draft.

Mac Jones has been excellent. There's nothing between him and Wilson right now. I'd say the latter has shown more potential but we already knew that, it's why he went 2nd and Jones 15th.

Exactly. No shame in it. Everyone knew Mac was NFL ready but do to his athletic limitations and being on an all-star team he dropped. The good news is Zach looks NFL ready and looks to have a very high ceiling. Yet, I will say Mac has the slight edge in pace,” just look at his pace!”

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He currently has better stats than Wilson in the 2021 pre-season, Genius. It takes 3 seconds to look it up and a regular person would figure out that pre-season is not a good indicator as Wilson will almost assuredly have a better career than Nathan Peterman. They'd also realize that Peterman played an entire pre-season game so obviously he's going to have higher stats. 

..but then you don't even know what year it currently is..

Seriously, stop. Calm the hell down and realize that every single person who doesn't excitedly jump on the whatever mental hype train you manufacture is your enemy. Get out of your own way. 

Sound advice right there in that last paragraph. 

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Get the mental help you need. It is a serious concern what happens to you when pre-season is over and the real games begin. 

But what happened to you saying Nathan Peterman has better preseason stats than Zach Wilson? 

Zach Wilson: 2021 (2 games). Rookie. 

16/20 (80.0%), 191 Passing Yards, (9.5 yards per pass attempt), 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles, QB Rating of 120.7.

Vs. 

Nathan Peterman: 2021 (2 games). 5th year player. 

45/63 (71.4%), 418 passing yards, (6.6 yards per pass attempt), 1 TD3 INTs, 7 sacks, 1 fumble, QB Rating of 73.1.

But what happened to you saying Nathan Peterman has better preseason stats than Zach Wilson? 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Exactly. No shame in it. Everyone knew Mac was NFL ready but do to his athletic limitations and being on an all-star team he dropped. The good news is Zach looks NFL ready and looks to have a very high ceiling. Yet, I will say Mac has the slight edge in pace,” just look at his pace!”

I've always been a big believer in QB Rating for both the good and the bad (Mahomes/Leaf etc) and because of that I've always praised Mac Jones throughout all of 2020. 

Mac Jones has the #1 All-Time NCAA Single Season QB Rating of All-Time (Joe Burrow is #2 All-Time). 

He's the real deal.

I believe the AFC East like no other division is now fully loaded with 4 young Franchise QBs in Zach Wilson, Josh Allen, Mac Jones and Tua. 

And which ever team does a better job surrounding their younger QBs with A+ talent is going to become the team who roams a Tom Bradyless division.  

8 hours ago, LockeJET said:

cindy asked "where do you live in Kansas?"

well cindy…that feels strange to just blurt it out to the world…so i will say 
in the very middle of the state.
the good part.

and she asked "what tips do you have for starting a photography business?"

i decided to just give it a try…said yes when people asked me…even though it made me feel sick to my stomach the first 10 times at least.
but i put no pressure on myself.
meaning i said "if this doesn't work, if i am away from my family too much, if i am not good enough, if i am not happy then i will say at least i tried it."  and that would be that.
i have not put any money into marketing the business yet.
it has all been word of mouth…
so my biggest tip is get out there and try.

misty asked me "how do you edit your photos?"

i use the software with iPhoto for all my personal pictures.
i use that and Picnik for my work photos.  i want to learn photoshop but i am big fat chicken.
but it's on my 35 things list so sometime this year i will do it.

she also asked "how do you get so many people to follow your blog?"  

misty…you meant that in a nice way right?
i am sure you did.
i think people come here because….it's colorful…bright…cheerful….focuses on the good…
lots of fun places to click that aren't ads..
or maybe it's to laugh at how cooky i am to have five kids and drag them all over the country for photos?
my first big break was today's creative blog.  and the inspired room after that.  
those were when my stats jumped big time for the first time.
but i am certain they don't come for long wordy post like this one that focus on ME ME ME.

and she asked "can you give tutorial on tye dye?"

maybe someday…but it was so stressful this summer that i couldn't focus.  
i just use the box they sell at walmart in the craft dept. and followed the instructions…you can do that!

AND SHE ASKED…"how did i learn to sew?"

i took home ec in high school and made a lovely maroon and yellow Trojans sweatshirt that was never worn because i made it way too small for me on accident.
but then when i quit selling Creative Memories (fun fact right there) 
i had a small amount of money to spend…
i bought a wicker loveseat (that my husband threw away when we moved to ks…w/out asking me!!!)
a chenille bedspread (that is now been made into pillows all over etsy)
and a $99 sewing machine from sears with my mother.
she taught me how to thread it, sew a straight stitch and even make a button hole…that was awesome.
thanks mom.

sara asked "what is your favorite room in your house?"

i guess it's the kitchen.  i spend 98% of the day in there so…
the kitchen.

and she asked "what is your favorite restaurant?"

in wichita?  Red Rock Canyon…i love it for dinners with craig on a date.  
it's dark..i have a thing for lighting in restaurants…i don't like to see other people.
and it's good food..a real treat.  
but i will never order the Moo, Cluck and Oink because it's just WRONG. 
on a date you should never have to say those words.  
period. 

so i order the steak and glazed carrots and smashed potatoes and i am one happy woman.

and my MIL makes cinnamon rolls so i don't think i have had the breadbasket's. 
but i do love their coconut cream merrengae pie.

mindy asked for some "tips on organizing"
ha ha ha.
good one mindy!  you have my family crying with laughter.

i apologize profusely if i have given the illusion that i am organized…
i am not.
we have a few routines but i usually mess those up too.
the chore chart is probably as organized as i get.
and the two middle kids switch off unloading the dishwasher and the two oldest switch off loading it. 

i also do things like forget to pick my kids up from events…
miss programs or promotions…
lock my babies in the car with the keys accidently which resulted in mall security rescuing us…
burn food almost every meal…
and my house is a mess!

abby and sara asked "how did you choose your children's names?"

lauren is named after my sister Lorel.
scott is named after craig's brother that was still born…sweet baby scott.
sean is a name we both liked.
talby is a name i heard (friend of craig's whom i have never met) when sean was a baby and i saved in my head for the next baby.  i love it.  it's so perfect for her.  (it's pronounced like talbot's but it's tal-bee)
and miss annie…we decided when we looked at her.  ann is a family name too.

cassie asked me "have you learned how to cook pork yet?"

it's only been two weeks!!! the answer is no.
but craig made some kind of pork in the crockpot on sunday and it was goooooood.

Heather asked me "why don't my pictures with my new SLR look any better than with my point & shoot?"

you have to mess with your settings…read photography blogs and do what they say…read books… 
ashleyannkaren russell…they give great tips and i have learned a lot from them.
but just using your auto green square setting won't get you better pictures.
i change my settings almost every time i pick up my camera…because your light is different each time.

and she asked (and many people have asked me this) "how do you get your picture so big on your blog?"

i don't know anything about blogspot.
sorry.

AND she as
ked "will you sell your prints on etsy?"

maybe someday i will heather…when i have some time to focus on the shop…this winter?  hopefully.

meaghen wanted to know "how are your indoor shots so bright."

i shoot in bright rooms.  our kitchen has two walls that are all windows…so it's bright.
i don't shoot in the dark rooms.

and she asked "what does craig do for a living"

he's a latex salesman.
he's an architect.
he works for the yankees.

another heather wants to know "how can i see chippendales in kansas with you?"

oh heather…i tried to take you…but you insisted on going on a week long trip to hawaii with your husband instead.  ha ha ha ha ha

Kelly asked "can i move in with you" 

i might consider this kelly if you agree to take the morning carpool run.
i really dislike getting up at 6:30 and driving all around our town in the near dark listening to 
fighting kids and radio disney.
and you'd have to take over the laundry too…my enemy.

erica asked "did you always want a big family?"

yes erica, i did.  
always.
craig says five is enough.  
and i respect him because he is my wonderful husband.  
so i only bring up how i long for more babies once a week or so.

but i will agree with him very much that it is not easy having such differing ages in the house.
a high schooler and a baby would be hard for me.

i could do it…but it would be exhausting.  

jennifer asked "can i set up a photo session with you?"

yes.  but in the spring.
i took my last photo session of 2009 today!  
i will use november to finish editing every shoot i have left 
and then i will spend december with my family.
then i will sew and fill my etsy shop all winter.
then i will start back up with photo sessions in the spring.
i only take pictures outside (except newborns…they are done in my kitchen all year round) so 
with this weather…i am done till spring.  
jennifer…i will put your email address on my spring schedule list…thanks!

who else would like to be on that list?  email me.  

diana asked "are we related?"

you have duerksen spelled differently in your comment…so probably not.
but if that was a typo then probably yes.
you know these communities…we are all related pretty much…it's that mennonite blood.
not mine but craig's.

keri asked "what bible study are you doing right now?"

i was going to write a post on that this week!  thanks for asking.
we are studying Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow.
i really really like it…and i don't get anxious.

and she asked "are you dressing up for halloween?"

no.  craig even suggested we skip it this year all together…but the kids wont' agree to that!
we quit buying new costumes a few years ago.
they have to use what we have or come up with something on their own.
no one is ready in the least…it's one day away for school parade, etc.

AND she asked "what is your dream job?"

ok…this is corny…i know…
i have my dream job keri.
i am serious.  
i love being a mom and a wife…and now a little bit of a photographer/artist thrown in.
i don't think anything else could satisfy me.

but if you want me to DREAM…let's see…
george clooney's assistant?
i wouldn't get anything done though because i would just be staring into his eyes all day long!

and the last question was from erin… "what did you decide to do with the 3rd floor?"

boring answer for the last question…nothing.
we have many projects in our heads but nothing that we are ready to start on soon.
but i liked the idea of filling it with beds like a dorm…think Facts of Life.

ok…my fingers hurt.
and my eyes are burning from staring at this computer screen.
that was the longest blog post i have ever seen.
go get some visine so you can carry on with your day…i am so sorry.

thanks for asking.
if you like this…let me know in the comments and maybe we'll do it more often.

show hide 75 comments

MaryBeth -

yes! ESP for the newbies. i have no idea how i got to you– maybe trina? anyway…i of course needed some back story since you’ve become a daily comfort food for me ?
and thanks SOOOO much for saying you are not organized..it makes you more lovable and inspiring..

eds -

These q&as are my favorite! I do hope you do more.
Since you shared with us, here’s a confession from me: My parents graduated from your alma mater, so even though we didn’t live there, sometimes we would go to your basketball games. When I was a little girl, I thought your husband was a superstar (and I guess he was!)!

love that you are real…and forget to pick up your kids too! love it! and well, you are just fun!

Melissa -

Your husband is mennonite? Isn’t that like Amish? So, did he leave? I guess so. I would love to hear more! We just moved to KY and there are lots of Amish and Mennonites around here.
Melissa

Logan -

You didn’t seem to enjoy the q & a so much. If you don’t like it, you shouldn’t do it. Those of you who blog are probably accustomed to all the questions. It would make me nervous!
I think you did a great job with your answers, though, and I certainly do enjoy your blog and get nosy myself sometime, but I won’t ask the nosy questions. Promise!

Julie -

Love it!!! I’d write more, but my 5 year old keeps getting out of bed. He’s not excited about Halloween or anything. Nope, not him!

Simies -

Yes, i liked it! Thank you ?

Tiffany -

Love it!!

mel -

This was so fun to read. I am a newer reader to your blog (LOVE it!!) We have “friends” in common (Heather & Julie) It was fun learning more about you. I loved the advice on the photography business. I recently started doing photography on the side (occasionally) because people asked me if I would take pics for them. It has been scary, but so fun! Glad to know you were scared at first also!
And, photoshop will change your life!!! It is an amazing program. If you come to cali for julie’s bday I can teach you ?

Sara -

This was great! I liked the Q&A, it didn’t get boring. ? Great blog!

Beth -

I really like your blog. I know that it will make me happy when I read it. Thank you for that. Also, I have a friend who has a little boy named Talbey (spelled different than your daughter’s name, but pronouced the same) and it’s such a cute name.

traci -

great post meg. i love questions and answers. thanks for the link to ashleyann’s site. i have never been there before. beautiful.

You’re my very favorite blog to read! ?

okay, i’ve been mulling it over for a while and i just decided that i have to share the easiest, most delicious pork meal that i have for you. It literally has 4 ingredients. Pork Chops, Butter, Cracked Black Pepper, and Balsamic Vinegar. I hope you adore it as much as my family and I do. It’s called “Balsamic Pork Chops.”
Get breakfast pork chops (not to thick…delish if they still have the bone in them)
Saute’ them in butter (about 1/4 of a stick) until they brown up.
Reduce the heat a bit and add cracked black pepper to flavor, be generous… and approx 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar. (you want it to cover the bottom of your pan)
It’s going to steam up really quickly so at this point cover them and let them cook until the pink is out of the middle.
Make sure the balsamic has soaked into the pork chops as they have cooked, if not, don’t be afraid to add some more balsamic.
Once the pork is cooked, remove from the pan, but DO NOT dump the balsamic/pepper drippings.
Now you are going to add the rest of the butter (approx 3/4 of the stick), turn up the heat and add lots of balsamic to make the gravy. Bring it to a boil so it has the consistency of gravy. Remove from heat.
We serve it with mashed potatoes, peas, and a small side salad. The “gravy” gets poured over the pork chops and the mashed potatoes. My daughter adds the peas to her potatoes. It’s one dish that my entire family raves over and I make it a lot for guests because it’s fast, pretty healthy, and is SUPER easy. Even my 16 mo. old loves it. I hope you will try it and let me know if you liked it.
Happy Cooking!
Smiles,
Joni

Cris -

I want to George’s assistant too…isn’t he dreamy??

Stacie -

thanks for sharing yourself! i loved it. i didn’t get to ask anything this time. maybe next time. you are amazing! keep up all the great work.

Amy Bryant -

You rock! I read only three blogs daily and yours is where I come for my happy, normal, feel-good fix. Thank you for that. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. You may not be perfect, but you are perfectly special. I will likely never meet you, but reading your blog daily feels like a little visit with a friend.

Melanie -

That was a fun post. I like to learn different things about my blog friends.
I come to your blog because you are fun, real, and colorful!
http://southerncomfortinanorthernlife.blogspot.com

Lori -

I liked it. Definitely do it again sometime!

Wendy -

Have you ever been told you look like the actress Cheryl Hines???? Everytime I watch “Curb your Enthusiasm”, I think of you. ?

Sandy -

I missed the post asking for questions, but loved reading the answers! As for the one asking why you have so many followers…I can only answer for myself, but it’s because you’re REAL. All the time. Dirty laundry, hide & seek teen, everything we can relate to. My sister has a blog that I can’t even read anymore because it’s so sugar coated it makes me sick to my stomach. Lets just say I’m close enough to her to know life isn’t always as great as she wants to make it appear.
Love that you received recognition for your cake!!

clever rephrasing of my ACTUAL QUESTION!
HAHA!
i’m still kicking myself for choosing boring old kauai.

Jessica F -

Loved the Q and A!! I’m sorry I missed it. I was wondering what fabric the brown and floral pillow in your shop was made out of (with the vintage chenille and pom poms). I really hoped to buy one, but I was to late! And are you going to open your shop again????

Ruth -

love it! never too long ? i always wondered about talby’s name, it’s so cute!

Jenny -

Okay, I just found your blog…so many “likes”! I can’t even list them all. Just want you to know that I am enjoying it and following along! Also, it’s always fun to find another blogger who loves the Lord.
If you have the time, come by the Southern Institute for Domestice Arts and Crafts at http://sidac.blogspot.com! Follow along if you’d like!

Diana -

This was truly fun and interesting! I’m sure everyone could come up with more questions for you to skirt around *wink*
Yep, that was a typo for the name in my post… BUT! I have several spelling variations in the genealogy of most all the surnames, and yeah, they’re all Mennonite. Would be cool to know the family link maybe someday.
Thank you for always sharing your life with us… and showing us that there IS so much happiness in the world if people will just take hold of it!

Jen -

This was great, but you forgot that your husband is also a marine biologist. ?

Melody -

I’m new here, how do I find your etsy store?

Marie -

Fun! I have an awesome pork crockpot recipe for you if like mexican food…it’s so good I’m dreaming about it right now!

TRACI -

LOVED IT and I have also been wondering what your husband does for a living. I know houses are less expensive in Ks but even with that you do live a grand life for a family as large as yours ? THANKS FOR SHARING MEG and please do it again!!!!!

Jilly -

Love this and I don’t think it is too long at all. I KNOW there are more questions too (only because I am just catching up from the week so I didn’t get to ask all of my intriguing questions!). I love that you love your life, you are inspirational on so many levels!

Yes I love it! very entertaining. ?

Gina -

I liked it! You should keep answering questions! ?

I loved it!
Your husband has some interesting occupations…does he also have a house in the Hamptons?

dawn -

You should do this again sometime. ? I love your blog. Its one I actually check on a regular basis (in fact, if you can tell if people click on your page — you might think I’m a stalker — but I’m not, I promise.) I like that you share a lot — without sharing too much. Oh — and I have the rainbow cake on my list of “things I need to do this year”. And the mint brownies. And that breakfast dish…I think it was French toast in a pan… Thank you!

Lisa -

Fantastic post. You really are an inspiration to new moms like me. I agree that a dream job would be stay at home mom and wife with a little me time for craftiness. I love how fun filled and exciting your life seems, even when you are doing the everyday normal stuff. Thanks for a great read today – yes I read the whole thing ?
Take care,
Lisa

Gratsia -

What a great blog Thanks for sharing with us. Its lovely to see ? Have a good weekend!!

Amber -

Meg….i loved this post. esp your answer on already having your dream job. i certainly have my moments…but i’m right there with ya!

BriBedell -

Seriously that was not long by any means. I read some other blogs where moms go on and on and on and on and well you get the picture ? I think you are a fun, real, cool person! Thanks for sharing!!

Here is a crazy-good tutorial on how to make your photos larger in Blogger and other blog hosts. It’s not mine! But I have used her advice with success on my own blog- http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-make-your-photos-appear-bigger.html
She has a pretty neat blog, too!
Meg- Loved the q&a! Can’t wait for the next one! And congrats on the Urban Outfitters post! That is so cool!

purejoy -

i loved it. i feel like i live next door to you. (kinda wish i did. i could borrow your little ones for a mommy/girly fix)

Janelle -

Thanks for posting – I just love your blog. And you’re right, one of the reasons I continue to come back is because I think you must be insane to have FIVE kids! I totally admire you for it – I have two that drive me batty, can’t image three more on top of that! I think it’s wonderful though and I really enjoy looking at your photos and your beautiful home. I grew up in an old Victorian, really wish I could do the same for my own children sometimes. One Q I would have asked though (and I’m sure I would find the A to if I really went through your blog a bit closer) but how old are all the kiddos?

misty -

one of my favorite posts & YES I MEANT MY QUESTION IN A GOOD WAY! ? I found your blog when i was on HGTV’s rate my space and mysweetsavannah’s home is wonderful & she said to check out her blog~ then I read the blogs that she follows & you are one of them~ now it’s my favorite one to read and the only one I read daily. I am so glad you answered the photography questions. I am wanting to buy a good camera to take pics of my daughter & was CLUELESS. thanks for answering my questions!! ?

pve -

Dang, I usually check here daily and did not the day of the Q & A —
What do you eat for breakfast? Are you human? Do you sleep?
I love your photos and your blog and your love for life!
pve

Renee -

Would you consider coming to Washington DC to take pictures of my brood??? xoxo

Very fun…thanks for answering. ?

Jamie -

MORE MORE MORE. please.

Kacey -

Oh, I loved it! It was fun to learn more about you. You seem to have such an amazing life – it was nice to see more about how you make it all happen.

Heather -

I liked it. ?

Heather -

I come here for all of the reasons you listed and because I agree with Susie- because it is HONEST! I have been reading blogs and have my own for over a year now. Most of the blogs I go to are sunshine and daisies all of the time. I started feeling inferior about myself as a mother and wife- Why can’t I keep my house spotless, keep the laundry put away, bake amazing gourmet meals, cupcakes and still have time to do fun art projects with my kids??? I stumbled on your post where you showed your laundry piled everywhere and I was hooked at that moment. To me- that made you more of a superwoman than the ones who claim to have it all together. Thank You!!
LOVED the Q&A!!!
Heather:)

Patti -

thanks so much for making me smile this morning! ok, the coffee sitting in front of me helped a little, but you have a way with words that keeps me wanting to come back for more! thanks for making our world a little bit lighter and brighter each day!!

Rachel -

Meg, Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself…I enjoyed it…have a wonderful day!!!
Rachel

Michelle Richmond -

Yes, I did enjoy this post. It’s a little way of getting to know you a bit more. Thanks for sharing….Michelle.

Kelly -

Love the Q&A feature-keep it up! Your blog is my favorite-I especially like your Happy Things on the right side.

fun fun!! Looks like we’ll be making a quick trip home at Christmas. Would love to get together. . .maybe show you a little bit of Photoshop. . .Grab coffee. . .something. ? Oh, and I think you had mentioned something about business cards. I know someone who could help you get those. . .Me!! The expensive piece of paper on my wall says I’m qualified. ?
http://loridanelle.blogspot.com

oh, megan you made me laugh so hard! especially the ‘craig’s job’, ‘where do you live’ and ‘can you take my family photos’ questions. the first two because of our ‘stalker’ish’ conversation and the fact that i know the answers and then the photos one because THAT’S MY BESTEST FRIEND ASKING IT!!! ha ha!
i’ve heard with typepad since it’s a marketing type of page, that the pics can be larger than on a blogspot(which is why i want one..even though i have nothing to market!).
i THINK about stepping out and taking people’s photos when i get my dslr and i get the twisty tummy. i don’t like it.
the reason for so many hits on your page is due to the type of blog you have:
HONEST
there are so few anymore that it’s such a delight and inspiration to people when they find them, that they refuse to let it go. even when they start to feel “stalker’ish” reading them. ? thanks for the laugh this morning! i look forward to more q&a’s in the future.

Nancy -

Love the George Costanza reference. I used to love “Ya’Ya’s” in Wichita. Is it still there on Rock Road? I haven’t been back there since we moved in 2000. Good times!

Liz -

And so we get to know more about you. Love it!

meaghan -

that post was awesome!!! great idea, and not at all too long! i’m assuming your answer to “what does craig do” was multiple choice ? you just seem so cute and fun and like the friend everyone wants to have ?

Sarah -

Great way to get to know you!
I’ve been reading your blog off and one and love it. I started reading when your header was the colored licorice. I found you from the inspired room.
I’m in Kansas too.

Amy -

Yeah for Q & A’s! Thanks for sharing!
I am still kicking myself for spotting you in good ol’ Overland Park a while back and not saying something. I can’t believe I missed my chance! Next time I see you in my area, I promise to run up and smile…
? amy

Kimberly -

I love it, thank you for sharing!

Loved it. Thanks for spilling the beans, so to speak:)

Jill -

Thank you so much for this post! I have been following your blog since I stopped working to stay home with my boys this August. It was hard adjusting to my new “job” during those first weeks, but your blog has always been able to calm MY anxious heart. When it gets trying, I come to your blog, look at the pictures and happy moments, and remember why I am here with my own children. It feels good to know there are other people out there who put their families and values first.

Kelly -

What fun! Thanks! ?
And I do love mornings and I already do carpool stuff here so it looks like I get to move in. And since the 3rd floor is still empty I can bring all my kids with me. I forgot to mention that little part didn’t I? ?
Seriously though, I do love your blog. It’s a must-read for me! Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better. ?

kristi rediske -

wow-I really liked this-it wasn’t to long at all. I have actually wondered some of these things too so it was fun reading your comments. You are an inspiration-I think you have motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things-Thanks. I have written you before because I am from the same town you live in-don’t live there anymore but do visit my mom so I like hearing about things from there.

Sally Mangham -

I discovered your blog through Cookie Monday’s and I love your house and all that you have shared. I love photography too, but I am scared to step out there…so many thanks for sharing your journey! You are inspiring! The Q&A was great too!!

Kyleigh -

Loved it! but I missed it! DOH! I think I was asleep… the time difference between Kansas and the south of England being what it is.
Deffo do it again!

Thanks for the q & a, Meg. I’d been wondering about that third floor….Love, love, love Linda Dillow’s book Calm My Anxious Heart. I keep on buying it and giving it away to friends who ask about it…it’s that sort of book, right? It’s on my “to do” list to buy another one this month. Like you, I’m not generally anxious, but I just simply adore her perspective and “real-ness” – so encouraging. Hope you’re having a great week. Meredith xo.
p.s. radio Disney? Talk about taking one for the team.

Oh yes I love it. Lets do it again sometime ?

How fun! I loved reading your answers!
sandy toe

donna -

I loved your q & a post………..I love being a mom too – I have one more than you, it’s exhausting and sometimes very difficult(like just a minute ago when my son and I had a verbal war), but it is rewarding!!!
I don’t know how I missed your post to ask you a question – I am a daily follower – oh well next time!!
Do you have any crafts for the upcoming holidays that you can blog about????
Have a great day!

Jess -

I can’t even remember when I first came across your blog, but you are right. I became hooked on your colorful, bright, cheerful, and focusing on the good blog. It’s my happy place!

Kara -

Oh, I love your blog! I liked the Q & A. Is your husband also an importer/exporter? ?

Kathy -

I love it, thanks for sharing a little bit of your life!

Zach Wilson excitement pisses you off that bad? Makes you that mad? 

Nothing to say about your QB Zach Wilson? 

E9lMtA5WYAQ2g4J.thumb.jpeg.ffde018121687179bd0e61001f21e15a.jpeg

10 hours ago, Gramsci said:

Just for context:

There is no context.  Pre-season stats are meaningless drivel.  On the other hand the eye test shows great footwork, a live arm and good decision making against vanilla defenses loaded with backups and guys who won't be around.  Comparatively he passes the eye test.  You can see why he was drafted at 2 and we should be very excited.  

I suspect Pats fans are very excited to have Mac Jones looking like a potential elite NFL QB in preseason?  

• Upvote 1