Jets/Eagles Practice 8/25

kdels62

1 minute ago, Flightattendant said:

When were missing two first round starters? 

It is possible that when we finally (if ever) get Becton and AVT playing together and healthy, things will be better.  And we'll have at least a solid backup option at Tackle.  But it's clear that the IOL can barely hold up as it is, and we cannot tolerate any downtime there, which is, of course, a completely unrealistic hope.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offensive line looked better today with 3 backups in than yesterday. That's a win. That means the coaching they did last night in the classroom translated to the field.  That is what you are looking for out of these practices. All of the other nonsense is just noise from beat reporters who have nothing to talk about. It's much easier to sell doom and gloom than to be positive. 

The Jets will be fine on the offensive line.  The Eagles and Packers both have top 5 pass rushes and the offensive line got better against both teams from the 1st to 2nd practice. That's a positive. They still need work but I'm happy to see that the coaching staff is able to actually coach and get the team better bc of it.

The biggest takeaway from these practices is that they need to bring in a pass rusher to fill the void Lawson left.  And I don't mean some B level guy.  They either need to go big or just roll with what they have. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Is it reasonable to consider there Reps Wilson is getting vs. other teams 1's quality, game like Reps?  Seems to me these practices are the best simulator of game speed.

And to think the NFL charges people full ticket price to watch the same thing in a stadium.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Play Wilson for one series vs the eagles and if he looks alright that is it.  Don;t press your luck.

Never understood this logic. Hes a rookie, he needs live reps. In 3 weeks he will be coming out for the whole game against the Panthers. He could also get hurt the second series of that game. Lawson lost his season in practice. These guys need reps. 

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Should just rest up vs Philly. 

No need to risk Zach behind a patchwork line. He’s got enough reps. If It was giving the starting line some game time I’d get it but don’t see the point with the injuries.

They have 16 days before the opener after the Eagles game. I think a half month of rest is enough for 1st team with a rookie to get a few qtrs of live reps. 

• Upvote 1