Jets/Eagles Practice 8/25

kdels62

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, nycdan said:

Running it through my DJ Bien-Aime translator, I believe it means 'dart'.  I didn't know Kdels was using that dialect.

Oh I thought it was some new slang I hadn't heard yet. Maybe for "dead on throw" or something..

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Running it through my DJ Bien-Aime translator, I believe it means 'dart'.  I didn't know Kdels was using that dialect.

I think it is legit slang.  Thrown so hard and fast that the ball looks like a dot. 

Like in Hot Rod Lincoln:   

Now the boys all thought I'd lost my sense
And telephone poles looked like a picket fence.
They said, "Slow down! I see spots!
The lines on the road just look like dots."

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I want to see Michael Carter get the start week 3 he's without question our biggest HR threat and best overall RB talent. 

#4 in NCAA rushing yards and #1 in average yards per carry (8.0!). 

Line him up behind Becton/Vera-Tucker/Moses and he's running to daylight and can't be stopped. 

Also an awesome receiver out of the backfield for Wilson too.

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

According to @kdels62, who was there, it really wasn’t close to being picked off, so take that for what it’s worth 

Not close to a pick unless Kroft popped it. It was an ill-advised throw. Kroft broke out between two closing zones from an inside position. When he turned his head, Wilson lasered a throw away from the safety who was coming from outside and behind Kroft and beyond the LB dropping in coverage from the middle. The ball hit Kroft on his inside shoulder right before he got rocked by the safety. Closer to a catch than a pick but still a bad decision.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Not close to a pick unless Kroft popped it. It was an ill-advised throw. Kroft broke out between two closing zones from an inside position. When he turned his head, Wilson lasered a throw away from the safety who was coming from outside and behind Kroft and beyond the LB dropping in coverage from the middle. The ball hit Kroft on his inside shoulder right before he got rocked by the safety. Closer to a catch than a pick but still a bad decision.

Gotcha; thanks again for all the details!

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who cares bro he's absolute crap.

And I hope JD continues to draft mid round QBs like NE did every other year during Brady.  

James Murray.  Backup offensive lineman.  Not James Morgan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Interesting point from Breer on timing of practice and last game.  Maybe we should not all be jumping from the ledge after being outplayed by the Eagles.

In general, the board is overreacting to well, everything, but particularly practice reports.  The Giants havent been playing starters, the Jets starters played for 20 plays.  I dont really think this is a thing but interesting point none the less but I assume its just as simple as the Pats are better then the Giants and the Eagles are better then the Jets.  

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

It is possible that when we finally (if ever) get Becton and AVT playing together and healthy, things will be better.  And we'll have at least a solid backup option at Tackle.  But it's clear that the IOL can barely hold up as it is, and we cannot tolerate any downtime there, which is, of course, a completely unrealistic hope.

2098506128_images(8).jpeg.ca3b5ec2b1b999dd046cdea943ca327d.jpeg

Which is why I'm already praying JD goes 1st round O-Line back to back to back come 2022. 

Because Tyler Linderbaum is not only the best Center in college football but he's the best overall O-Lineman coming out within the entire Country. 

I want this kid more than any of the edge rushers because we've got Zach Wilson on the line and a trio of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Linderbaum @ LT/LG/C will create for the greatest Jets O-Line of All-Time and for 10+ years too. 

He's Kevin Mawae/Nick Mangold Vol. 3.

1620602774_images(9).jpeg.0bc4bea84bee9a5f4a0405cf27c9913f.jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

In general, the board is overreacting to well, everything, but particularly practice reports.  The Giants havent been playing starters, the Jets starters played for 20 plays.  I dont really think this is a thing but interesting point none the less but I assume its just as simple as the Pats are better then the Giants and the Eagles are better then the Jets.  

Are the Eagles really that much better than the Jets.  GB last week was clearly the better team.  But the Eagles, 4-win team last year.  Hurts/Flacco as QB.  They got the best of us in a couple of August practices, but I will wait until next month to begin to decide who is better.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

In general, the board is overreacting to well, everything, but particularly practice reports.

Gee, that's news. This fan base has been overreacting since '69, and the board has been overreacting since, uh, how long has this board existed? Since then.

• Haha 1