Jets/Eagles Practice 8/25

kdels62

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

2098506128_images(8).jpeg.ca3b5ec2b1b999dd046cdea943ca327d.jpeg

Which is why I'm already praying JD goes 1st round O-Line back to back to back come 2022. 

Because Tyler Linderbaum is not only the best Center in college football but he's the best overall O-Lineman coming out within the entire Country. 

I want this kid more than any of the edge rushers because we've got Zach Wilson on the line and a trio of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Linderbaum @ LT/LG/C will create for the greatest Jets O-Line of All-Time and for 10+ years too. 

He's Kevin Mawae/Nick Mangold Vol. 3.

1620602774_images(9).jpeg.0bc4bea84bee9a5f4a0405cf27c9913f.jpeg

Needs to put on weight because he is susceptible to a bull rush.

289 isn't going to cut it in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

2098506128_images(8).jpeg.ca3b5ec2b1b999dd046cdea943ca327d.jpeg

Which is why I'm already praying JD goes 1st round O-Line back to back to back come 2022. 

Because Tyler Linderbaum is not only the best Center in college football but he's the best overall O-Lineman coming out within the entire Country. 

I want this kid more than any of the edge rushers because we've got Zach Wilson on the line and a trio of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Linderbaum @ LT/LG/C will create for the greatest Jets O-Line of All-Time and for 10+ years too. 

He's Kevin Mawae/Nick Mangold Vol. 3.

1620602774_images(9).jpeg.0bc4bea84bee9a5f4a0405cf27c9913f.jpeg

I would almost be shocked if we don't draft an OL in round 1 again this next year,

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Needs to put on weight because he is susceptible to a bull rush.

289 isn't going to cut it in the NFL. 

Kevin Mawae was his same weight.  289 lbs.

And Nick Mangold was only 307 lbs.

Tyler Linderbaum being "too light" is the biggest myth in all of college football. 

He's a former wrestler, he's one of the most athletic O-Linemen prospects of All-Time and he's also one of the STRONGEST players in all of college Football right now. 

He's perfect the way he is man.

Jason Kelce = 295 lbs. 2020 All-Pro Center. 1st team too. 

A difference of 6 lbs means nothing man.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Are the Eagles really that much better than the Jets.  GB last week was clearly the better team.  But the Eagles, 4-win team last year.  Hurts/Flacco as QB.  They got the best of us in a couple of August practices, but I will wait until next month to begin to decide who is better.

We certainly will find out find out but if I had to guess, yes, the Eagles are a better team.  Cox, Ertz, Graham, Kelce, Johnson, Brooks, Kerrigan, Slay are all stars in this league, albeit older but still, SB winning, pro bowls, all pros, etc.  We dont sniff that type of top end talent.  What position group do we have that is better?  Maybe QB and WR?  I'd give the Eagles the nod in every other dept., personally.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

We certainly will find out find out but if I had to guess, yes, the Eagles are a better team.  Cox, Ertz, Graham, Kelce, Johnson, Brooks, Kerrigan, Slay are all stars in this league, albeit older but still, SB winning, pro bowls, all pros, etc.  We dont sniff that type of top end talent.  What position group do we have that is better?  Maybe QB and WR?  I'd give the Eagles the nod in every other dept., personally.

Yeah. Right. 

Such a star studded roster but yet they went 4-12 in the weakest division in all of Football last year ?

C.J. Mosely is a 4x Pro Bowler and 4x All-Pro.

And Zach Wilson, Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Mekhi Becton, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Michael Carter (RB) and Quinnen Williams all have Pro Bowl and All-Pro potential as does Hamsah Nasirildeen. 

I wouldn't trade our roster for theirs and not in a million years. 

Joe Douglass has built us a 2021 roster that's loaded in talent and you don't even realize it yet.

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Kevin Mawae was his same weight.  289 lbs.

And Nick Mangold was only 307 lbs.

Tyler Linderbaum being "too light" is the biggest myth in all of college football. 

He's a former wrestler, he's one of the most athletic O-Linemen prospects of All-Time and he's also one of the STRONGEST players in all of college Football right now. 

He's perfect the way he is man.

Jason Kelce = 295 lbs. 2020 All-Pro Center. 1st team too. 

A difference of 6 lbs means nothing man.

Mawae played 20 some odd years ago and struggled against Kris Jenkins.

OL- Avg. Height: 76.75 in Avg. Weight: 314.16 lbs

DL- Avg. Height: 75.22 in Avg. Weight: 308.97 lbs with Nose Tackles weigh 320-350 lbs.

Linderbaum is giving up 20 lbs on average to a DT. While he might be technically sound, he will not able to withstand a bullrush or moving a NT. My fear we will see a Kris Jenkins type of situation.

26 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Mawae played 20 some odd years ago and struggled against Kris Jenkins.

OL- Avg. Height: 76.75 in Avg. Weight: 314.16 lbs

DL- Avg. Height: 75.22 in Avg. Weight: 308.97 lbs with Nose Tackles weigh 320-350 lbs.

Linderbaum is giving up 20 lbs on average to a DT. While he might be technically sound, he will not able to withstand a bullrush or moving a NT. My fear we will see a Kris Jenkins type of situation.

Eh… Mawae is a hall of famer and Jenkins was an exceptional talent.

The issue with Linderbaum is that he played his sophomore season at 275 which is very light. He’s was listed at 290 for last season so hopefully he’s closer between 295-300 for next year. At that point tho there have to be questions about what his frame can handle before he starts to lose the quickness and explosiveness that makes him special. 

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Eh… Mawae is a hall of famer and Jenkins was an exceptional talent.

The issue with Linderbaum is that he played his sophomore season at 275 which is very light. He’s was listed at 290 for last season so hopefully he’s closer between 295-300 for next year. At that point tho there have to be questions about what his frame can handle before he starts to lose the quickness and explosiveness that makes him special. 

289 is now 20 lbs lighter than the avg OL. If Tyler is going to be as athletic at 300 as he was at 289, I'm all in. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Play Wilson for one series vs the eagles and if he looks alright that is it.  Don;t press your luck.

Exactly

Especially if 2 of his best OL aren't playing.

Theres the extra week between the last preseason game and the start of the season to get ready for Carolina

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Claymation said:

289 is now 20 lbs lighter than the avg OL. If Tyler is going to be as athletic at 300 as he was at 289, I'm all in. 

A 2020 1st team All-Pro in Jason Kelce plays at 295 lbs (a whopping 6 pounds heavier) and Jason Kelce was nowhere near as dominant as Tyler Linderbaum currently is when heading into the NFL.

PS: you're lumping OTs and OGs with Centers (which makes no sense).

What's the average Cevter weight?

The average Center weight is only 300 lbs and many of the best Centers weigh under 300lbs.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A 2020 1st team All-Pro in Jason Kelce plays at 295 lbs (a whopping 6 pounds heavier) and Jason Kelce was nowhere near as dominant as Tyler Linderbaum currently is when heading into the NFL.

The average Center weight is only 300 lbs and many of the best Centers weigh under 300lbs.

Its not about weight, it's about strength. Although at Center it's way more important to be intelligent and have exceptional technique.

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

6-foot-4, 313 pounds

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-offensive-lineman-are-big-2011-10#2000s-bryan-stork-c-new-england-patriots-9

From 2018

OC 6'3.4"  305 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfl-draft-position-averages/

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Some quick notes based on what I saw today 

Zach Wilson: He’s good. He just has the goods. The ball is rarely in the wrong place. Obviously he was the focus and he’s just so impressive. He’s quick and his throwing motion requires no space. I feel good about the kid.

RBs: They all play differently but the best guy today was MC. He’s the only one with wiggle and shiftiness. The other guys go to the hole and have power but MC has a different gear in terms of agility. 

WR: If this practice was any indication then Jeff Smith might make the team. Had a bunch of reps and targets. Keelan Cole got slapped on a play but made a good catch. Crowder is gonna be sneaky, they’re gonna use him in screens a lot. 

TE:Wesco and Kroft saw targets. I think Wesco is gonna be a bigger part of our offense than I originally thought. 

OL: Injuries. Feeney is awful and it hurts the units he’s on. I actually noted that James Murray was having a decent day before his injury. Fant had a good day at LT, Moses had a couple bad moments. AVT had a good block on goalie. Need more from him than ever.

Defense:  they were mostly away from me because of my position in the stands. However, they moved Jalen Hurts off his spot a bit. I hated those plays because Hurts would run around in circles before making a decision. Annoying for me to watch and I’m sure annoying for the defense to play against.

CB: I’m a little more worried. In 1v1 drills, Dunn, Bless, Jackson and more all took turns getting cooked. Bryce Hall tho was pretty good. In team drills there just wasn’t much good from this unit.

LB: Meh

DL:  Huff, Rankins, Foley flashed. Same old from a good group of players.

Kickers: Amendola got the goods

Eagles: Devonta Smith is good. My goodness he can moved in small areas. Hargraves and Cox wrecked havoc all day. Hurts is very meh. Joe Flacco is still capable of football. 

The Heat:It was hot and sunny today. I’m still trying to cool down. I think they cut practice a bit short today because after the driving drill everyone looked uncomfortable. At least 1 OL looked like he puked and another was hunched over. 

The heat was brutal on the field. A few DL were feeling it and needed some attention. It def had an effect on a few guys. 

It’s interesting to see the vast difference in coaching styles between the teams. Saleh preaches discipline and specifically told his coaches not to yell but to teach.

Then you see the Eagles coaches and they’re screaming every play on the field, during a tackles in their faces, etc. Old school style. Jets players would stop when approaching the QB. Eagles don’t, they go until they grab them. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The heat was brutal on the field. A few DL were feeling it and needed some attention. It def had an effect on a few guys. 

It’s interesting to see the vast difference in coaching styles between the teams. Saleh preaches discipline and specifically told his coaches not to yell but to teach.

Then you see the Eagles coaches and they’re screaming every play on the field, during a tackles in their faces, etc. Old school style. Jets players would stop when approaching the QB. Eagles don’t, they go until they grab them. 

I kinda liked the Cipriani’s vibe today. Let his coaches coach and mostly stayed out of the way. The assistants tho were louder.

Thanks @kdels62 you were better than any of the beat writers. Much appreciated.

--------------

Since the GB game, the tweets don't mean as much to me and I take them with a grain of salt but my thoughts are:

-I know Morgan didn't have a camp last year, is a developmental backup, blah blah blah, but I don't think he makes the team. Fant seems serviceable at LT (not surprised if you watched him on the Seahawks vs 49ers in the playoffs). Maybe if we get AVT back and leave Feeney in Philly, we'll be ok there but I'm weary of playing Wilson this week. 

-I am not surprised the defense is struggling but neither should anyone else be. How many people said they'd be ok losing 49-48? It might be cool for a game or two but that would get old on here really quick. Better buckle up, butter cups. 

-Also, I strongly believe the Eagles are not the better team. The cool thing is they will play in the regular season so it can be settled. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

So Coach Saleh addressed Becton yesterday during the press conference.

He stated, in no uncertain terms, that Becton’s issues are in no way related to being overweight or conditioning. The issues have to do with missing OTAs and the new scheme, which makes perfect sense. So everyone spewing the speculative bull shale can officially stop talking out their ass 

¿Y vos creés esa mierda del técnico quien ya he perdido 2 jugadores significantes?

translation: And you believe that CoachSpeakHorse$hit?

lol

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Defense:  they were mostly away from me because of my position in the stands. However, they moved Jalen Hurts off his spot a bit. I hated those plays because Hurts would run around in circles before making a decision. Annoying for me to watch and I’m sure annoying for the defense to play against.

lol

I picture it in my head like this:

mountain of madness fire GIF

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

The Heat:It was hot and sunny today. I’m still trying to cool down. I think they cut practice a bit short today because after the driving drill everyone looked uncomfortable. At least 1 OL looked like he puked and another was hunched over. 

Maybe they should stop eating the f****** salmon.

Also: Good job, kdude. Thanks for braving the sun and heat to bring us some great insights into practice. We love you.