Carolina Fan: Your sloppy seconds...

16 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Does Darnold really have a learning disability, or was Gase really that bad???

Oyea...only chance of y'all winning is Darnold...other than that have a nice day#keeppounding

"Learning disability"  I didn't know Charlotte was part of the new PC South?

Gase really did suck.  

• Upvote 1

We were all high on drafting darnold.

we all wanted the best, but darnolds just sucks. 

we all love the kid and wish him the best but reading the reports from your camp…. Sounds just like all his camps when he was here. Its never HIS fault…..its always a lack of talent around him.

sorry man but i was a huge darnold believer and excuse maker but the dude just stinks. Hes a backup qb at beat

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Darnold has a fair amount of natural ability and athleticism. He will show flashes and show promise. He was in a bad situation here and with Joe Brady and the Carolina weapons I think he'll have statistically his strongest season with you guys.

That said, having watched every Darnold NFL start:

1) He's a bad decision maker and will always turn the ball over at a higher rate than is sustainable.

2) There's nothing comfortable and fluid about him. He's just kind of wonky in his mechanics and footwork.

3) He doesn't make the easy, consistent throws you routinely need to make, even if he's capable of making a big throw here or there.

4) I would be extremely surprised if you guys weren't in the market for a new starter in 2022.

As an observer of Carolina you have to wonder about the Coaching/GM going on there because they essentially did the same thing with Bridgewater last year.  Shocked really that they didn't draft Fields or Jones even after the Darnold trade because he was still on a rookie contract.  Cheap starter with the time to sit a rookie behind him or push him hard for his job.  Their offense has weapons, with a good QB it would be scary.  Way less scary with Darnold however.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There are only 32 starting NFL QBs. 

Sam Darnold ranked 42nd in QB Rating last year. 

Meaning that 9 backup QBs were better than him last year.

The biggest problem that I had with Sam Darnold wasn't his on the field play. He was surrounded by F- crap for 3 years. 

My biggest problem was how instead of saying "no comment" he continued to praise and suck off Adam Gase during his each and every interview.  He let Asam Gase bring him down along with him in NY and Sam couldn't care less.

He's a follower and not a leader because no leader supports ADAM GASE.  

Did I expect for Sam Darnold to attack Adam Gase like Jamal Adams did to the media? No. But his public display of Adam Gase support was disgusting. 

And he's dumber than a box of rocks too. Which is why he's only played 2 snaps during your Preseason; because he can't learn an NFL playbook.  

In closing he'll never be a natural QB. Because he grew up playing Linebacker throughout all of little league and went into HS as an LB too until being converted into an HS QB; by that time it was too late and you can tell just by the way he throws a Football.

USATSI_16231833.jpg.71d228c80375982ccbcc9c254e96f4f7.jpg1966906594_images(7).jpeg.8bd3df8e8ef309ea1f8a7d506e93fd94.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.a0d1564e6bda409c219b219ffe48c1fb.jpg

He looks mentally confused just trying to throw practice rep footballs. 

Ugh lol

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You have no offensive line and that's your biggest problem. Darnold gets flustered easy with a pass rush and all of the weapons in the world won't help him if you can't protect him. 

That's very fair.  However I'm no Carolina fan, I'm here for the Jets.  I've just seen what Carolina did last year with Bridgewaters' contract, then now here with Darnold and I am questioning their strategy.

41 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Hello, I'm a regular off the Huddle. Right now, there's a topic of y'all trashing Darnold. Surely it's because we play each other in week 1. But I was curious to know, would Jets fans be more afraid of PJ Walker than Sam Darnold???

See, I'm pulling for PJ to take over as QB1 by end of the season, hopefully after 4 games, I never believed in S.A.M. and I belvieve the Jets finessed us out of a 2nd round, but most importantly, we passed on Fields for Darnold...

And based off the rookie preseason debuts, does Wilson give y'all more hope than Darnold did?

Oyea...only chance of y'all winning is Darnold...other than that have a nice day#keeppounding

It doesn’t matter who your QB 1 is week 1 Carolina will put up like 500 passing yards easy.

• Thumb Down 2

57 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Hello, I'm a regular off the Huddle. Right now, there's a topic of y'all trashing Darnold. Surely it's because we play each other in week 1. But I was curious to know, would Jets fans be more afraid of PJ Walker than Sam Darnold???

See, I'm pulling for PJ to take over as QB1 by end of the season, hopefully after 4 games, I never believed in S.A.M. and I belvieve the Jets finessed us out of a 2nd round, but most importantly, we passed on Fields for Darnold...

And based off the rookie preseason debuts, does Wilson give y'all more hope than Darnold did?

we are afraid of neither

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Yes. Also glad you guys dumped Bridgewater. We own your 2022 second round pick.

Yeah, good luck with that. Darnold is owed $20+ million next year. Your team is tied to him through next season.

Because Darnold is proven suck and Wilson isn't. Next question.

Darnold has slow football brain disease. He's a likeable Geno Smith.

That gives us an amazing chance, actually.

• Upvote 2

Glad to see you've already got your excuses ready. Enjoy paying Sam the next 2 years. We're more than happy with your second. 

Thanks again! ?

• Upvote 3