2021 Fantasy Football Talk/Jets fantasy relevant?

Didn't see a thread for fantasy football talk, so figured I'd make one for general talk + have some things on my mind that I'm hoping to get opinions on... 

I'm personally an avid fantasy football player. For the past few years I've stuck to my main league only: we're a big money pot - both weekly & season long payouts - and everyone prioritizes this league most. We all went to high school together and remain good friends so it's that much more enjoyable. 

It's a 12-team keeper league. Each team can keep two players with a max keeper eligibility of 3 years. Can only keep one player who was originally drafted in the top 8 rounds and can keep up to two who were drafted in rounds 9-16. The 2nd year you keep a player it jumps a round if drafted in rounds 1-8 / jumps to a 8th if drafted in the 9th-16th, and 3rd year automatically a 1st round pick. Roster makeup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FX, 1K, 1DST, 7BN. 0.5 PPR, but hefty bonus points for QBs... 6 pts per TD, +3 when reaches 300 yards, +4 when reaches 400 yards, +5 if reaches 500 yards... so QBs are very important. Draft pick trading is allowed. 

Draft was in person last Sunday, so a lot of moves have already been underway and there's been a lot of active trade discussions. My roster is as follows: 

• QB: Matthew Stafford, Zach Wilson
  • RB: Jonathan Taylor [K], JK Dobbins, Chase Edmonds, Michael Carter, Gus Edwards, Boston Scott, Sony Michel, Tony Jones Jr. 
  • WR: Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson [K], Elijah Moore 
  • TE: Evan Engram 
  • K: none (currently) 
  • DST: 49ers 

Most years I never draft Jets players. This year I have the most I've ever rostered: 3. I drafted Mike Carter in the 6th, Elijah Moore in the 10th, and Zach Wilson in the 13th. Carter was a dart throw of sorts, but I have high hopes for Moore and Wilson as a potential keeper duo, which would allow me to draft RB heavy for the foreseeable future. Which brings me to my current dilemma:

(1) how much value will Elijah have this year; and (2) do I trade Carter or hold him?

I'm working on a few deals right now which would have me send a combination of Edmonds and Johnson for either Miles Sanders or D'Andre Swift. Personally, I stack RBs every single year and am more than comfortable with rostering 4 receivers. Hell the last 2 years I've only carried 3 WRs and I won back-to-back. I really don't feel good about Edmonds this year, but quite frankly he was the BPA (followed by Carter).

If I make one of those deals, Moore becomes my WR3 and I'd have to add another guy regardless as he and Ridley have the same bye. Can I really rely on Moore to be fantasy relevant this year? Probably shouldn't. But if I were to make one of those deals, I should be able to flip Carter & Engram to improve my TE situation while also grabbing another upside WR. I caution doing that because Carter seems like the typical start slow end strong type fantasy rookie, but not sure he'll even play for me unless something major goes wrong/may not even be worth keeping. I don't know, I'm trying to keep my bias in check (and probably posting in the wrong place to get unbiased opinions), but figured typing it out could help lol. Either way, happy to talk fantasy with anyone interested!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Corey Davis go get him

He would absolutely be a top target of mine in redraft leagues, but I went into it anticipating I would be going after Elijah in the 10th so kind of shied away from him. I've been blinded by all the positive press I must admit... just getting a vibe that Elijah could be an AJ Brown or Justin Jefferson type in year 1, with the big jump coming in year 2. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

He would absolutely be a top target of mine in redraft leagues, but I went into it anticipating I would be going after Elijah in the 10th so kind of shied away from him. I've been blinded by all the positive press I must admit... just getting a vibe that Elijah could be an AJ Brown or Justin Jefferson type in year 1, with the big jump coming in year 2. 

The Jet to own in fantasy is Davis.  I don’t like any of our running backs at all especially considering we have a bunch of ex-49er coaches and they love rb committees

Wilson was locked into Davis the entire preseason.  I also like Marvin Jones Jr and Marquez Callaway as sleepers for the same reason 

• Upvote 2

I’m avoiding Jets Rbs this year because I have no idea who the right one will be. I think Ty Johnson is the best one out of the 4 but they’re all going to get carries. Definitely gonna try to get Davis or Moore though. 

• Upvote 1

I just picked up Stevenson from N.E off waivers kid leads all NFL RBs in preseason rushing yards.  

I picked him up immediately after Sony Michel was traded yesterday. 

I think he's going to become a monster steal for me.

I also picked up Chuba Hubbard off of waivers who led the NCAA in rushing yards in order to stash away in case of another Christian McCaffrey injury. 

● I took a different approach this year.

• I ignored RB and I was the last person to draft a RB in our JN draft (Devin Singletary who will run wild this year) in order to focus on QB by drafting Lamar Jackson 11th overall with my first pick who will get me a lot of rushing yards while also attacking TE and WR early and often. Pitts is a freak and I'm fully loaded at WR. 

• I also stayed away from Jets in order to make my season fun because I hate having to root for fantasy players while watching my Jets games. 

But I did steal my Jets D while everyone was still drafting starting RB/QB/WR in order to make my season fun rooting for our D.

Because of my different approach. Yahoo FF is sleeping on my team. They have me ranked dead last and projected to finish 0-17. I'm an underdog in a 15-16 player league but my team will shock the FF world and make the playoffs. Just watch.

Screenshot_20210825-210609_Chrome.thumb.jpg.932ecf5de26d547238c26e802d6000c6.jpg

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Zachs’ 2 main targets will be Davis and Moore. I’m thinking in the range of 70-80 targets and the way this guy catches the ball, I say 55+ receptions. Working the middle of the field slants I can see an avg. of 12 yards per reception(660 overall) YAC is where he will make his money. 

Solid if unspectacular numbers. I can see maybe 6 TD’s

Not bad for a 3/4 receiver  2022 is where his value will go up  in redraft  IMHO  

Whats the winners $hare?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’m avoiding Jets Rbs this year because I have no idea who the right one will be. I think Ty Johnson is the best one out of the 4 but they’re all going to get carries. Definitely gonna try to get Davis or Moore though. 

I feel the same way. Meanwhile he's available as a FA, but I just can't fathom having 4 Jets on a 16 man roster. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SR24 said:

Tevin Coleman the JAG is messing everything up.  Saleh and the coaches love him 

I snagged Wilson and Davis in my league. 

They're both backup/bench picks for now, just so I can have them, lol.

Hard to see any other Jets, our kicker, our Defense, or any single Defensive player being worth picking up to start a Fantasy season.

WR's after Davis are honestly an unknown, distribution-wise, the RB's are a committee, the TE's mostly Fantasy worthless at this point, and our Kicker a complete unknown.  And our D likely to be in the bottom half of the league.

So yeah, at least for now, Wilson and Davis seem the only valid picks as Jets, and only as fill-in's for other players bye-weeks till they show us something otherwise.

41 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Tevin Coleman the JAG is messing everything up.  Saleh and the coaches love him 

I personally want Michael Carter as our Featured Back but Telvin Coleman is no JAG. 

He was hurt all of last year with a sprained knee (now fully recovered from) but throughout the previous 4 years of 2016-2017-2018-2019 this kid (as a dual threat RB) recorded...

578 Rushing Attempts.

2,492 rushing yards (4.3 yards per carry).

23 Rushing TDs.

111 Receptions (72.5% catch rate).

1,176 Receiving Yards (10.6 yards per reception). 

12 TD Receptions.  

Throughout 2016-2019 (4 seasons) this dude recorded 3,668 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage along with a combined 35 Offensive TDs.

And that's despite never once being a featured back (NUTS).

He's a guaranteed 900+ yards and 9 TDs per season and you're calling him a "jag" and all because of a 2020 injury? 

105 Rushing Yards and 2 Rudhing TDs vs. an elite Minnesota Defense and during the 2019 PLAYOFFS too. 

14 hours ago, football guy said:

Oh, left out arguably the most important part: I've been offered...

RB D'Andre Swift & WR Deebo Samuel for 

RB Chase Edmonds, RB Michael Carter & WR Diontae Johnson

No. Johnson>Samuel and 2 is better than 1 for those backs. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I personally want Michael Carter as our Featured Back but Telvin Coleman is no JAG. 

He was hurt all of last year with a sprained knee (now fully recovered from) but throughout the previous 4 years of 2016-2017-2018-2019 this kid (as a dual threat RB) recorded...

578 Rushing Attempts.

2,492 rushing yards (4.3 yards per carry).

23 Rushing TDs.

111 Receptions (72.5% catch rate).

1,176 Receiving Yards (10.6 yards per reception). 

12 TD Receptions.  

Throughout 2016-2019 (4 seasons) this dude recorded 3,668 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage along with a combined 35 Offensive TDs.

And that's despite never once being a featured back (NUTS).

He's a guaranteed 900+ yards and 9 TDs per season and you're calling him a "jag" and all because of a 2020 injury? 

105 Rushing Yards and 2 Rudhing TDs vs. an elite Minnesota Defense and during the 2019 PLAYOFFS too. 

Coleman was an ok part time back 5 years ago

If all I did was look at Frank Gore’s career stats I’d think it was a no brainer last year for Gase to be giving him 30 touches per game

I want Ty Johnson to start and establish the run.  I think he’s our best back

25 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Coleman was an ok part time back 5 years ago.

If all I did was look at Frank Gore’s career stats I’d think it was a no brainer last year for Gase to be giving him 30 touches per game 

What are you talking about?

5 years ago? 

2018-2019 combined:

337 rushing attempts for 1,498 rushing yards (4.4 yards per carry) and 12 rushing TDs along with 54 receptions for 549 receiving yards and 6 TD receptions. 

2018 & 2019 = 2,047 Offensive Yards and 18 Offensive TDs.  

So that's what you do to Football players?

You label them washed up and a JAG due to an injury during 2020 and then you also make up lies claiming they haven't been productive since "5 years ago"?

Moore will have an impact this year.  Davis seems likely to lead the team in catches, but right now I don't trust Mims to stay on the field, Crowder doesn't seem to have the presence he had in the Sam years, and Cole is good depth. Moore and Wilson seem to have a connection and I wouldn't be the least surprised if he ends up with the most receiving yards on the team. 

Carter I think is being overvalued. The kid is solid, but it's a four headed monster at RB. It will take injuries or Carter just coming out straight beasting to get the playing time he'll need to put up the numbers worthy to play him. I'm weary of the SF approach. For the Jets it could work out great, but for fantasy teams not so much.

19 hours ago, football guy said:

Didn't see a thread for fantasy football talk, so figured I'd make one for general talk + have some things on my mind that I'm hoping to get opinions on... 

I'm personally an avid fantasy football player. For the past few years I've stuck to my main league only: we're a big money pot - both weekly & season long payouts - and everyone prioritizes this league most. We all went to high school together and remain good friends so it's that much more enjoyable. 

It's a 12-team keeper league. Each team can keep two players with a max keeper eligibility of 3 years. Can only keep one player who was originally drafted in the top 8 rounds and can keep up to two who were drafted in rounds 9-16. The 2nd year you keep a player it jumps a round if drafted in rounds 1-8 / jumps to a 8th if drafted in the 9th-16th, and 3rd year automatically a 1st round pick. Roster makeup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FX, 1K, 1DST, 7BN. 0.5 PPR, but hefty bonus points for QBs... 6 pts per TD, +3 when reaches 300 yards, +4 when reaches 400 yards, +5 if reaches 500 yards... so QBs are very important. Draft pick trading is allowed. 

Draft was in person last Sunday, so a lot of moves have already been underway and there's been a lot of active trade discussions. My roster is as follows: 

• QB: Matthew Stafford, Zach Wilson
  • RB: Jonathan Taylor [K], JK Dobbins, Chase Edmonds, Michael Carter, Gus Edwards, Boston Scott, Sony Michel, Tony Jones Jr. 
  • WR: Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson [K], Elijah Moore 
  • TE: Evan Engram 
  • K: none (currently) 
  • DST: 49ers 

Most years I never draft Jets players. This year I have the most I've ever rostered: 3. I drafted Mike Carter in the 6th, Elijah Moore in the 10th, and Zach Wilson in the 13th. Carter was a dart throw of sorts, but I have high hopes for Moore and Wilson as a potential keeper duo, which would allow me to draft RB heavy for the foreseeable future. Which brings me to my current dilemma:

(1) how much value will Elijah have this year; and (2) do I trade Carter or hold him?

I'm working on a few deals right now which would have me send a combination of Edmonds and Johnson for either Miles Sanders or D'Andre Swift. Personally, I stack RBs every single year and am more than comfortable with rostering 4 receivers. Hell the last 2 years I've only carried 3 WRs and I won back-to-back. I really don't feel good about Edmonds this year, but quite frankly he was the BPA (followed by Carter).

If I make one of those deals, Moore becomes my WR3 and I'd have to add another guy regardless as he and Ridley have the same bye. Can I really rely on Moore to be fantasy relevant this year? Probably shouldn't. But if I were to make one of those deals, I should be able to flip Carter & Engram to improve my TE situation while also grabbing another upside WR. I caution doing that because Carter seems like the typical start slow end strong type fantasy rookie, but not sure he'll even play for me unless something major goes wrong/may not even be worth keeping. I don't know, I'm trying to keep my bias in check (and probably posting in the wrong place to get unbiased opinions), but figured typing it out could help lol. Either way, happy to talk fantasy with anyone interested!

I play fantasy football with 2 rules:

1. I do not take any player that is on a team that will play the Jets. I am not going to root for some WR to score a TD in a game against the Jets

2.  I choose at least 2 Jets in the draft.

Only way I can play it. Conflict of interest scared me away from FF for a very long time.

17 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Moore will have an impact this year.  Davis seems likely to lead the team in catches, but right now I don't trust Mims to stay on the field, Crowder doesn't seem to have the presence he had in the Sam years, and Cole is good depth. Moore and Wilson seem to have a connection and I wouldn't be the least surprised if he ends up with the most receiving yards on the team. 

Carter I think is being overvalued. The kid is solid, but it's a four headed monster at RB. It will take injuries or Carter just coming out straight beasting to get the playing time he'll need to put up the numbers worthy to play him. I'm weary of the SF approach. For the Jets it could work out great, but for fantasy teams not so much.

It's a nice Football terminology and very cliche the whole 4 headed monster thing and I like Ty Johnson, Telvin Coleman and La’Mical Perine a lot I believe they're all good backs but let's be honest here; none of these guys are considered as being monsters.

None of those 3 RBs ever ranked 4th in NCAA rushing yards and #1 within the Country in average yards per rushing attempt (8.0) as Michael Carter just did either. 

He's without question our most talented RB.

He was also the best RB on the field vs. Green Bay (of either team too).

10 rushers for 52 rushing yards with a long of 18 yards and an explosive average of 5.2 yards per rushing attempt. 

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's a nice Football terminology and very cliche the whole 4 headed monster thing and I like Ty Johnson, Telvin Coleman and La’Mical Perine a lot I believe they're all good backs but let's be honest here; none of these guys are considered as being monsters.

None of those 3 RBs ever ranked 4th in NCAA rushing yards and #1 within the Country in average yards per rushing attempt (8.0) as Michael Carter just did either. 

He's without question our most talented RB.

He was also the best RB on the field vs. Green Bay (of either team too).

10 rushers for 52 rushing yards with a long of 18 yards and an explosive average of 5.2 yards per rushing attempt. 

not four headed monster as in stud backs. four headed as in they'll split time and cut into each other's stats. SF has been doing it for years, and it makes it tough to rely on any single one back on any given Sunday unless/until there are injuries to the group. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are you talking about?

5 years ago? 

2018-2019 combined:

337 rushing attempts for 1,498 rushing yards (4.4 yards per carry) and 12 rushing TDs along with 54 receptions for 549 receiving yards and 6 TD receptions. 

2018 & 2019 = 2,047 Offensive Yards and 18 Offensive TDs.  

So that's what you do to Football players?

You label them washed up and a JAG due to an injury during 2020 and then you also make up lies claiming they haven't been productive since "5 years ago"?

You counting the playoffs, cause I'm pretty sure your numbers are off.  He had a nice year in 2018.  In 2019 he scored a bunch, but otherwise, eh.  

If healthy all year I think Corey Davis will be huge and a steal in fantasy. 

I don’t think Carter will give you any sort of fantasy impact. Not with the Jets rotation. 

Big Moore fan but I think he’ll be that kinda guy that has a huge game one week and then not so much the next. So for fantasy it’ll be a tough spot. Davis will be the most consistent WR for this team. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sort of skews the numbers if you are giving the guy credit for a 19 game season.  

He only played 33 games throughout 2018/2019 including the playoffs which is an average of only 16.5 games per season. Not "19". 

So what are you complaining about? An extra 1 half of Football? 

What's "skewed" is how he's put up those numbers despite only playing 55% of snaps in 2018 and only 36% of snaps in 2019.

But yet you want to take about skewed?

I'm all in favor of Michael Carter because he's the next Dalvin Cook imo but line up Coleman as a featured back and his numbers would bo longer become skewed.  

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He only played 33 games throughout 2018/2019 including the playoffs which is an average of only 16.5 games per season.

So what are you complaining about? An extra 1 half of Football? 

What's "skewed" is how he's put up those numbers despite only playing 55% of snaps in 2018 and only 36% of snaps in 2019.

But yet you want to take about skewed?

I'm all in favor of Michael Carter because he's the next Dalvin Cook imo but line up Coleman as a featured back and his numbers would bo longer become skewed.  

With a coaching staff we poached.  Literally the reason people are telling you the Jets RBs are not a good choice.  The snaps are spread out.  I don't often hear people advocating for a player based on the number of games he missed either, but maybe that's just me. 

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I play fantasy football with 2 rules:

1. I do not take any player that is on a team that will play the Jets. I am not going to root for some WR to score a TD in a game against the Jets

2.  I choose at least 2 Jets in the draft.

Only way I can play it. Conflict of interest scared me away from FF for a very long time.

Sounds like the recipe for an unsuccessful fantasy team!  ;) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

With a coaching staff we poached.  Literally the reason people are telling you the Jets RBs are not a good choice.  The snaps are spread out.  I don't often hear people advocating for a player based on the number of games he missed either, but maybe that's just me. 

Just because Rex Ryan didn't have a CB to use like Revis does that mean he didn't use Revis like none other? Because of "Baltimore"?

Do you really think Mike Mike LaFleur wanted to use a RB by committee? Or was it because he didn't have a Derrick Henry festured back?

Mike LaFleur never had a RB talent quite like Michael Carter and you'll see come 2021. Carter is going to become his clear cut #1.