Which "Bust" QB will have the best career going forward?

jgb

"Bust" QBs  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will have the best career going forward?

• Darnold
    • Trubisky
    • Daniel Jones
    • Jared Goff
    • Carson Wentz
    • Gardner Minshew (not fair to call him a "bust" -- even with quotes --but couldn't resist including him).

I hate the Giants as much as anybody but Jones should not be on the list. It is not his fault he was drafted too high out of fear. To be fair he has shown that he is capable of playing the position but obviously he needs to tighten up his game. I give him a break because he was not highly regarded prior to the draft but more of a talented guy with question marks.  

I would go Sam/Trubisky or possibly both.

If you're asking me who I'd want on a go-forward out of those guys it's probably between Trubisky or Jones, both of whom have struggled but are big and athletic and have shown enough flashes that I think a good OC could get something out of them.

If you're asking more who will be the best statistically probably Wentz given he's in the best situation. If he can't succeed with Reich and that OL in Indy he's done.

i'm thinking trubitsky but he has to get a starters job first.  imo wntz is just not that good and injury prone. darnold could have a decent career but it remains to be seen if he can perform with good personnel.  danny dimes is on year 3 and needs to show something this season.  minshew may have a good career but he needs a starters job. goff is a 4 or 5 time loser at this point.  hard to see him turning his game around.

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I believe Carson Wentz is going to flourish and ball out in Indianapolis. 

Sam Darnold will be out of the league after this year and/or will never become a starter again. 

That (the bolded portion) is just an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

If Darnold doesn't show promise this year, I can see the panthers moving on from him pretty quickly. Darnold could def take the geno smith route. By all accounts, aside from his play, you don't really hear anything bad about him. I could see him signing with a good team with an established QB and just becomes a career back up. Nothing wrong with getting that big rookie payday and hanging around for another 6-7-8 years collecting 2-3 mill a year. Maybe at some point in between he gets another shot and pulls a kase keenum or better.

With that being said, best overall career has to go to wentz at this point. Nobody else is tied to the hip with the other options. Wentz's leash will be much longer than everyone else, so in theory he'll have the most amount of time to turn things around.

• Upvote 1

I go with Wentz, at his best he's the best on the list.  So if, big if, he can stay healthy he wins out.  

Jones isnt a bust yet.  

Minshew isnt a bust, hes been a nothing placeholder from day one 

We wont know about a Jones or Trubisky for a year.  At least.  Begging for Trubisky validation isnt going well.  ?

Trubisky is now a backup with no route back to starter-status at current.

Jones is so far a JAG, worse than Sam IMO.

Goff is pretty good, he likely will be better than most of these guys.

Wentz, it's hard to see him staying healthy long enough to do anything really.

Sam, may have similar chances to Goff or he could be a total poop-show.  I'm very interested to see him play this year in Carolina.

11 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Are we really going to waste out time talking about Mitch Trubitsky and Gardner Minshew again? 

The net ensnared you, didn’t it?

11 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I would say Trubisky if he was starting on the Bills. I think Daboll is legit and can turn him around. 

But he won’t start. So Wentz. 

Future career means beyond just one year.

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Jones, Wentz and Goff are busts?

Lets see what their #’s look like at the end of the year compared to this years “locks”.

Not busts. “Busts.”

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Trubisky is now a backup with no route back to starter-status at current.

Jones is so far a JAG, worse than Sam IMO.

Goff is pretty good, he likely will be better than most of these guys.

Wentz, it's hard to see him staying healthy long enough to do anything really.

Sam, may have similar chances to Goff or he could be a total poop-show.  I'm very interested to see him play this year in Carolina.

Future career means beyond just one year.