When did the jets become a “good situation”?

k-met57

14 minutes ago, Icer said:

When you have a super bowl roster today, your future assets are not held in such high regard. 

No sane GM is picking the Jets over the 49ers 

They no longer have that SB roster of 2019. 

DC: Robert Saleh.  

LT: Justin Skule (2021 season ending injury and won't play for them this year as their Franchise LT).

SSJaquiski Tartt (2021 IR).

#1 CB: Richard Sherman.  

DE: Solomon Thomas. 

RB: Telvin Coleman.  

WR: Emmanuel Sanders.

C; Weston Richburg.

RG: Michael Person

DT: DeForest Buckner.

LOLB: Kwon Alexander. 

Which SB roster are you referring to?

Because not only have they lost their Defensive Coordinator (the man who led them there) but they've since lost 10 starters from that 2019 SB team and their two best players in Nick Bosa and George Kittle are both returning from season ending injuries.  

Marquise Goodwin (WR). 

Matt Breida (RB).

Kendrick Bourne (WR).

Ronald Blair (DE).

Tarvarius Moore (Safety). (2021 season ending injury and will miss 2021).

Ahkello Witherspoon (CB).

Sheldon Day (DT).

Make that now 17 players who are no longer on their 2021 roster from 2019.

Mike LaFleur (passing game Coordinator).

They no longer have their 2019 SB roster nor Robert Saleh and no NFL GM would ever take their salary cap hell + weak draft capital in comparison to NYJs A+ available salary cap space + NYJs A+ draft capital. 

The Jets are in a much better position. 

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

1) Is it possible that the situation, while obviously very important, is a tad bit overrated and that Wilson is just good? 

2) Is it possible that it is way too early for any of this?

#2 is where it’s at.

We know literally nothing. It’s pre-season. Zach could look like a HOFer come the regular season, or he could look like steaming dog crap.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

They no longer have that SB roster of 2019. 

DC: Robert Saleh.  

LT: Justin Skule (2021 season ending injury and won't play for them this year as their Franchise LT).

SSJaquiski Tartt (2021 IR).

#1 CB: Richard Sherman.  

DE: Solomon Thomas. 

RB: Telvin Coleman.  

WR: Emmanuel Sanders.

C; Weston Richburg.

RG: Michael Person

DT: DeForest Buckner.

LOLB: Kwon Alexander. 

Which SB roster are you referring to?

Because not only have they lost their Defensive Coordinator (the man who led them there) but they've since lost 10 starters from that 2019 SB team and their two best players in Nick Bosa and George Kittle are both returning from season ending injuries.  

Marquise Goodwin (WR). 

Matt Breida (RB).

Kendrick Bourne (WR).

Ronald Blair (DE).

Tarvarius Moore (Safety). (2021 season ending injury and will miss 2021).

Ahkello Witherspoon (CB).

Sheldon Day (DT).

Make that now 17 players who are no longer on their 2021 roster from 2019.

Mike LaFleur (passing game Coordinator).

They no longer have their 2019 SB roster nor Robert Saleh and no NFL GM would ever take their salary cap hell + weak draft capital in comparison to NYJs A+ available salary cap space + NYJs A+ draft capital. 

The Jets are in a much better position. 

Goodwin, Breida and Bourne were JAGs

Bosa and Kittle by themselves make the 49ers a better roster.  Add to that they also got the steal of the draft Trey Sermon

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

E9lMtA5WYAQ2g4J.thumb.jpeg.62457b860ef30d03c90763c07fa5d3a2.jpeg

When you can list 20+ exciting and talented players; you don't have a bottom 5 roster.  

And Joe Douglas has built us an extremely talented roster (and you don't even know it yet).

• You just think 2021's Jets of Robert Saleh are still the 2-14 2020 Jets of "Adam Gase and Frank Gore". 

• You probably thought 1997's 9-7 culture change under Bill Parcells were still the same 1-15 Rich Kotite team of 1996, didn't you? 

image.thumb.png.5071a6f12eef471dfd9b464742c3d78e.png

@JiFapono

C.J. Mosley is talking to you.

Dude you gotta stop posting that quote. It’s awful. I’m pretty sure he wishes he never used those words.

Also, the roster isn’t great. Get over it. That’s where the top money and draft picks you mentioned comes in. JD needs that to build a respectable roster. I’ve been watching pre-season games around the league. Im confident that we have starters that wouldn’t make some other teams - or at best be 2nd/3rd stringers,

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

Dude you gotta stop posting that quote. It’s awful. I’m pretty sure he wishes he never used those words.

Also, the roster isn’t great. Get over it. That’s where the top money and draft picks you mentioned comes in. JD needs that to build a respectable roster. I’ve been watching pre-season games around the league. Im confident that we have starters that wouldn’t make some other teams - or at best be 2nd/3rd stringers,

Dude I love that quote from our 4x Prowler and 4x All-Pro who blew Buffalo's ass out for 3 quarters and you thought Ryan's YouTube videos were "awful" so I'll take that picture being horrible in your opinion with a grain of salt ?

And which starters do we have that wouldn't make other teams? Because I'm pretty sure the same could be said for every other team. 

Keep thinking 2020's Gase Jets are still 2021's Saleh's Jets because this roster is revamped.

and did you also think 1996's 1-15 Kotite Jets were also 1997's 9-7 Bill Parcells Jets?

Because its amazing what a culture change does to a Football team. 

#Facts.

52 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude I love that quote from our 4x Prowler and 4x All-Pro who blew Buffalo's ass out for 3 quarters and you thought Ryan's YouTube videos were "awful" so I'll take that picture being horrible in your opinion with a grain of salt ?

And which starters do we have that wouldn't make other teams? Because I'm pretty sure the same could be said for every other team. 

Keep thinking 2020's Gase Jets are still 2021's Saleh's Jets because this roster is revamped.

and did you also think 1996's 1-15 Kotite Jets were also 1997's 9-7 Bill Parcells Jets?

Because its amazing what a culture change does to a Football team. 

#Facts.

Oh I’m well aware that you love that gay quote. You use it all the time. Meanwhile QN is probably pissed that he ever said it because it sounds so terrible. I’m assuming you don’t get the “blowing out their ass” double meaning that other posters keep laughing at you about. It’s going right over your head.

The roster is revamped but it’s not much better. We still have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

The Kotite/Parcells comparison makes no sense and has no bearing on the 2021 Jets. 

The 1997 Jets had a veteran QB, a #1 draft pick in Keyshawn Johnson at WR, one of the greatest jet WR’s ever in Wayne Chrebet, Mo Lewis, Aaron Glenn, etc.

The pieces were there on that 1996 team. They had a top 10 offense. They were 8th in first downs. 11th in yards. 

Parcels knew that even though they had some key pieces, he wasn’t winning anything with that. So he got Testaverde, Martin, etc.

I realize that you were like 10 years old at the time, but let’s not re-write history.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Facts said:

Oh I’m well aware that you love that gay quote. You use it all the time. Meanwhile QN is probably pissed that he ever said it because it sounds so terrible. I’m assuming you don’t get the “blowing out their ass” double meaning that other posters keep laughing at you about. It’s going right over your head.

The roster is revamped but it’s not much better. We still have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

The Kotite/Parcells comparison makes no sense and has no bearing on the 2021 Jets. 

The 1997 Jets had a veteran QB, a #1 draft pick in Keyshawn Johnson at WR, one of the greatest jet WR’s ever in Wayne Chrebet, Mo Lewis, Aaron Glenn, etc.

The pieces were there on that 1996 team. They had a top 10 offense. They were 8th in first downs. 11th in yards. 

Parcels knew that even though they had some key pieces, he wasn’t winning anything with that. So he got Testaverde, Martin, etc.

I realize that you were like 10 years old at the time, but let’s not re-write history.

It doesn't matter we got Vinny and Martin in 1998 because I'm talking about 1-15 of 1996 under Kotite to 9-7 during 1997 under Parcells and all it took was a locker room culture change with 90% of the same roster.  

39 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It doesn't matter we got Vinny and Martin in 1998 because I'm talking about 1-15 of 1996 under Kotite to 9-7 during 1997 under Parcells and all it took was a locker room culture change with 90% of the same roster.  

No, the “culture change” was not what caused an 8 win difference.

O’Donnel who was brand new to the team in 96’ and was a big signing was hurt most of 96’. Frank freaking Reich was the starting QB, and we still had a top-10 offense. We lost 4 games by 4 or less 4 points.

The pieces were there. Injuries and bad luck and yes some bad coaching caused 1-15. Parcells walked into a good situation. Saleh didn’t.

Heck, Parcells lost 4 of the last 7 in 1997 and he went basically .500 the rest of his coaching career. Did he lost his culture or something? Nope.

These talking heads all kind of suck tbh. They flip flop on their takes all the time and it’s just acceptable. Mina Kimes thought she was so smart downplaying Zach’s ability due to his BYU Oline, and now she’s on ESPN saying he’s great and in a better spot than Fields and Lawrence lol

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

And we have won 2 preseason games. People need to calm down and let the season play out. It's like people haven't watched the Jets before. 

Ya know, it's almost as if we've never seen this before isnt it?   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

"MOM, THE MEDIA IS MAKING FUN OF US AGAIN, WHAAAAA!!!!!!" ?

Not at all. I just find it hilarious that when Wilson was drafted, it was like he was headed into the pits of hell….and now that he is playing well, and Lawrence seems to be struggling….well….the jags are clearly worse then the jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

These talking heads all kind of suck tbh. They flip flop on their takes all the time and it’s just acceptable. Mina Kimes thought she was so smart downplaying Zach’s ability due to his BYU Oline, and now she’s on ESPN saying he’s great and in a better spot than Fields and Lawrence lol

The issue is that these people dont have to be accountable for their takes…..if they get it right or wrong….they still get clicks for being geniuses or retards.

https://youtu.be/9G6xu-J_Dmc

7 hours ago, Biggs said:

We got lucky as hell.  Lawrence has been designated No. 1 since he graduated from HS.  The reality is Zach Wilson was the most pro-ready QB in this draft by miles.  

People came up with a million reasons he shouldn't go No. 2 but the tape showed he should have been the first QB taken.   Lawrence went No. 1 because of his body.  Wilson was the best QB in terms of footwork, delivery, smarts and football IQ.

This draft solidified it for me.  Yesterday waiting on a Dr. I'm reading on my phone an article where the author actually was making fun of Jets fans for being excited about Wilson, who was a "dink and dunk" QB who made a career at BYU last season by throwing up nothing jump balls to his WRs.

Really? 

• Sympathy 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:55 PM, k-met57 said:

I dont normally complain about these things, but all i heard in April and May was how the Jets were the worst and SF was the best landing spot for young QB’s. Zach Wilson has 2 good games, Lawrence plays like the poor mans Mac Jones, Fields gets blown out of his cleats and all I’ve heard this past week is how Lawrence and Fields are in worse situations then Wilson and thats why Wilson is the better long term player. Literally the only guy in sports media that gets it is Chris Simms.

secondary point….Mina Kimes is terrible.

ok done.

I effing hate her! 

• Post of the Week 1

The Jets have the longest streak without making the playoffs in the NFL. They have a first time head coach, OC, DC, and a rookie QB with no legitimate veteran NFL QB on the roster. They were also so bad last year that they picked 2nd in the draft.

Feel free to be excited because everything is new and shiny now, but under no rational analysis are the Jets a “good place” to be right now. Hopefully that changes sooner rather than later (if ever).

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:58 PM, JiFapono said:

Terrance Marshall Jr. and Tommy Tremble have apparently been really impressive for them as well.  

Man, did I want Tremble.  

He would be perfect as the FB/HB/TE hybrid monster we need. 

Best point of attack lead blocker I've seen in a long time with soft hands and speed too. 

47 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

So you feel our situation is bad?  You have to admit it's miles better than a year ago.  

I was just kidding. Yeah absolutely, the Jets will be leaps and bounds ahead of last year and after another draft with all those picks I think the AFC East is going to be brutal. 

I really hope Tua sucks because so far he's the biggest thing holding the Dolphins back. All the teams in the East seem to be really well run now so it's going to be a dogfight every year