***Preseason Game #3: Eagles @ Jets***

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Did they cut The Captain?

He should have this whole game to develop.

His non playing at this stage implies that the CS don’t see anything to develop. Recall, this was a Gase pick, Morgan may not have the tools for this type of offense. Square peg for a round triangle, or something to that degree…..lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

His non playing at this stage implies that the CS don’t see anything to develop. Recall, this was a Gase pick, Morgan may not have the tools for this type of offense. Square peg for a round triangle, or something to that degree…..lol

Writing on the wall?

Sucks that Joe was forced to draft for Gase last year.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

How and when was he a Gase pick? I've never heard a single thing in regards to that. Have a link to an article? 

it's fair to say JD just took a shot and whiffed, then changed coaching staffs, and he no longer fits. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

So is Johnson the back up and they try to stash White and Morgan on the PS?

White is still the back-up, imo. The only reason Johnson is even playing tonight is because Wilson and White aren't.

They may opt to keep Johnson on the 53 until White is fully healthy, and just put Morgan on the PS, or outright cut him.

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

How and when was he a Gase pick? I've never heard a single thing in regards to that. Have a link to an article? 

it's fair to say JD just took a shot and whiffed, then changed coaching staffs, and he no longer fits. 

He was drafted going into the 2020 season with Gase as HC and he was most likely drafted under the premise that he has the traits/tools that fit the offense - a GM does attempt to draft players that fit the incumbent HC schemes - that Gase ran in 2020.

Well, the CS and profile of players for this new offensive scheme have changed, and Morgan doesn’t seem to fit this scheme. There’s your article, it’s an op-Ed. Lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Writing on the wall?

Sucks that Joe was forced to draft for Gase last year.  

I can't believe that JD was forced to make a pick that Gase insisted on. JD as GM is responsible for all of his draft picks and FA signings. Morgan was a total waste of a 4th and that's all on JD.

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

I can't believe that JD was forced to make a pick that Gase insisted on. JD as GM is responsible for all of his draft picks and FA signings. Morgan was a total waste of a 4th and that's all on JD.

I’ve seen enough of these behind the scenes draft videos to know that the GM drafts with and for his coaching staff.

• Upvote 1