***Preseason Game #3: Eagles @ Jets***

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I was just coming here to see if this exact scenario played out.  I figured it would.  OL play is by far the least understood/recognizable part of football.  It’s nearly impossible as fans to know what the exact assignment schemes/adjustments etc are made play to play.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Irrelevant 2 weeks between this game and the opener. A series or 2, Or a half does nothing for week 1. 

Someone should go back to every year before 2021 and tell them they were doing it wrong then.

Since you're confused, I'll explain, emoji.

WEEK 3 IS TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON OPENER 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Defensive depth is BAD really bad. Young defense so growing pains to be expected but some of these guys don't look like they belong on any NFL roster. 

27 cuts coming this week.  A lot of theese guys won't still be on an NFL roster in a few days.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Eh.

Wilson getting injured in the final pre-season game because of bad turf due to weather would be even more lame.

He’a playing in NY. He’s going to have to play in rain, snow, sleet, etc.

Injuries can happen at any time. He is in no further danger in preseason than he would be at any other time. I said it before - If Mahomes can play a half, then so can Zach.

I do not agree with this coaching decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

27 cuts coming this week.  A lot of theese guys won't still be on an NFL roster in a few days.

Have to agree that there will be vets added for some experience on d since they’ll keep enough on the active roster and ps.  Next draft is the first time I’m actually looking forward to going defense in the first and second rounds. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

I think I counted 7 or 8 defensive starters playing in the first half.

That's the sad part.

At various times, maybe 7.   No Mosely, Quinnen, Rankins or Maye.  So at most 7.  And less than that on the two minute drill defense. 

Edit.  Max 6, no Joyner either. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Facts said:

He’a playing in NY. He’s going to have to play in rain, snow, sleet, etc.

Injuries can happen at any time. He is in no further danger in preseason than he would be at any other time. I said it before - If Mahomes can play a half, then so can Zach.

I do not agree with this coaching decision.

The turf was so bad they had to delay the game. Bubbles in the field and sh*t. I don't blame them for the decision. It's preseason.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Get that, Still you would like to see SOMEONE  step up and make a play. This is 2 weeks in a row defense can't get off the field. It's concerning. If they don't get after the qb then they get torched