***Preseason Game #3: Eagles @ Jets***

58 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was going to suggest that maybe this post belongs in the humor thread.  But I am not so sure it fits there either.

Darron Lee became a psychic because he could not make it in the NFL, he was arrested but then escaped!

The wanted poster read "Small medium at large."

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Quick question:  Was there always a week lag between end of preseason and the first real game?   I seem to recall that we played our first regular season game the week after our last preseason game.

I believe that it just started this year because of only 3 per season games now 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

B06E1C39-C6A3-45A6-8EEE-87BCC0F2FA69.jpeg

My kind of guy!!!

But your batsh*t crazy for betting on preseason Football ?

But I think you win both tickets tonight because preseason or not our players want to win. And their freaking GOOD too. 

PS: Once I create our JN NFL parlay thread come closer to week 1 I'm so tagging you ???

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Quick question:  Was there always a week lag between end of preseason and the first real game?   I seem to recall that we played our first regular season game the week after our last preseason game.

No. They skip labor day  weekend every year. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Going to have to watch the highlights with this one. HS football starts today. First home game are always a lot of fun. Kids love the band and mascot and every now and then, they’ll watch the game. ?

Just sent you a link to the game tonight so you can watch live on your phone too. 

It's a link to every game of every sport but the Jets link(s) wont be up until closer to kickoff time. 

• Upvote 1

I hope Zach Wilson balls out tonight with another awesome QB Rating because if so; he'll put up the greatest Jets preseason QB Rating of All-Time (rookie or not) and for a Rookie that's something to be fired up about.  

This kid isn't no Christian Hackenberg.

(and "meaningless" preseason Football is showing it). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hope Zach Wilson balls out tonight with another awesome QB Rating because if so; he'll put up the greatest Jets preseason QB Rating of All-Time (rookie or not) and for a Rookie that's something to be fired up about.  

This kid isn't no Christian Hackenberg.

(and "meaningless" preseason Football is showing it). 

As I said the other day, Nagle was 5-0 in preseason.  4-12 regular season.

I really want Zack to do well.  But I'd temper expectations until he faces live ammo.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Here at the stadium. Good chance this game gets cancelled. At least I hope. The field is so flooded. 

Also the starters are not playing tonight. So no Zach!

Dang. I'd definitely hold off on playing anyone of significant if the field is not in good condition. Don't want anyone pulling a hamstring.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I really want Zack to do well.  But I'd temper expectations until he faces live ammo.

Ok but before telling me to temper my EXCITEMENT please post Browning Nagles 5-0 preseason stats of...

Completion percentage,  yards per pass attempt,  TDs, INTs, sacks and QB Rating

and I guarantee you he didn't perform as well as Zach Wilson has (thus far).

And what about the eye test did his arm look like Mahomes, his pinpoint accuracy like Pennington and his quick release like Marino?

I've been watching preseason Football since Boomer Esiason days man over 30+ preseason QBs and (Rookie or not) none of them have ever put up Zach Wilson's efficiency numbers and none of them have looked like him physically. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Here at the stadium. Good chance this game gets cancelled. At least I hope. The field is so flooded. 

Also the starters are not playing tonight. So no Zach!

I literally stepped into my car to drive over. With the way it’s pouring here (UWS, Manahatta) I can only imagine how much of a downpour it will continue to be. It’ll be ugly sloppy and wet amateur hour. I’ll pass now. Lol

37 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Agree. Some of these neophytes get all giggly and their panties wet over a water-downed preseason record and stats against 2nd and 3rd stringers. ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Let's just hope everyone stays healthy.

No more injuries, please!

I want to watch all the young players have a good game.  Except the ones who will actually make the team.  They are to be kept in the locker room.  Yes, the NFL will fine us.  Especially when Cager is sent in to play Defensive Tackle on the goal line.  But F em. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Seriously. I hold my breath over every play now. This roster already wasn’t great, all these injuries is garbage luck & even worse considering the timing.

Of all the teams in the NFL to get the injury bug why us?  I sometimes feel like we volunteered to be the Javelin catcher at the Olympic trials. 

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

https://y.yarn.co/836d6a7e-92db-4fff-912a-d32124f6f3a4_text.gif

image.jpeg.b80a6f1be91612720dcae08856f4b704.jpeg

Tonight, no Spartan dies.  Let's hope the Jets are smart enough to know better than to wage war in a cape and a speedo.  The Spartans knew better.

4 hours ago, Hystorm said:

AI learned about this here on this Forum:   http://dudestream.com/

Seems to be free and works...

Methinks the moderators do not want actual links to such things on the site.  So FYI.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Philadelphia team had ET as their long snapper,   he came down with a cold thus they had an 'Ill Eagle Alien'

How dare you?  Why that is sort of English up with which I will not put.   

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I was going to suggest that maybe this post belongs in the humor thread.  But I am not so sure it fits there either.

He should be ashamed. 

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok but before telling me to temper my EXCITEMENT please post Browning Nagles 5-0 preseason stats of...

Completion percentage,  yards per pass attempt,  TDs, INTs, sacks and QB Rating

and I guarantee you he didn't perform as well as Zach Wilson has (thus far).

And what about the eye test did his arm look like Mahomes, his pinpoint accuracy like Pennington and his quick release like Marino?

I've been watching preseason Football since Boomer Esiason days man over 30+ preseason QBs and (Rookie or not) none of them have ever put up Zach Wilson's efficiency numbers and none of them have looked like him physically. 

When are you making the switch?  Next week?

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

When are you making the switch?  Next week?

Never. I've already seen enough of Zach Wilson to make me forget all about Trevor Lawrence and that'll never change even when Zach struggles and Lawrence lights it up etc I already believe in this kids physical abilities and Football IQ and mentality.

And you must've not read between the lines during Zach's holdout how I mentioned over 5x that I was mocking all the fans who turned on Darrelle Revis during his holdouts and if you can't read sarcasm that's your fault because I was doing nothing more than mocking Revis critics. 

PS: Keep quoting me without talking Football and you'll be added to my top 5 block party ? and if you're a man? whatever you have to say to me? Inbox me. Instead of derailing our game thread.