***Preseason Game #3: Eagles @ Jets***

If I’m JD, Yeboah makes the team. Players have to see that clutch production has real meaning. Whoever ranks 53rd strategically will make less impact than raising the spirits of the entire team by rewarding efforts like we just saw. I’m officially joining Kenny Kamp.

• Upvote 1

Just now, greengeek said:

Wesco looks OK at fullback. I think he makes the team since FB is a significant part of our scheme (at least it was in SF).

Unless a proven FB gets cut and is considered an upgrade at the basement bargain price, Wesco ain’t going anywhere. My 2¢

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Anyone remember the last time the jets caught a Hail Mary?

I can’t remember any 

Found it!!!

Coleman had been beaten for a 74-yard Jeremy McDaniel TD to knot the score at 14-all with 1:17 left in the half. The Jets got the ball back and moved it to the Buffalo 45 with :04 left. With four receivers spit wide, Coleman lined up in the slot and ran a fly pattern. CB Daryl Porter, the nearest defender, just let him go, and by the time Keion Carpenter, Donovan Greer and Ken Irvin converged on him, he outjumped all three for the TD.

September 2000

NY Post:

HAIL MARY RIPS HEART OUT OF THE BILLS

Brian Lewis

All touchdowns are worth six points on the scoreboard, but in the heart, clearly some are worth more than others. Marcus Coleman’s Hail Mary on the final play of the first half yesterday lifted the Jets’ spirits and ripped out the Bills’ guts in a 27-14 Gang Green win at Giants Stadium. Coleman’s 45-yard TD with no time on the clock sent the Jets into halftime with a 21-14 lead, and gave them all the momentum.

“It was a better seven-point lead, [even though] the math reads the same,” Jets coach Al Groh said. “It was better for our heart.”

And worse for Buffalo’s. The Bills, who had just one turnover coming into the game, coughed the ball up four times in the second half. The crowd of 77,884 at Giants Stadium came alive. And despite the litany of gaffes by his team yesterday, Buffalo coach Wade Phillips had no trouble pinpointing their biggest mistake.

“The last play of the half, you get a Hail Mary. That turned the game around completely. We had them going into halftime, had the crowd out of it. That’s ridiculous,” Phillips huffed. “We should have everybody back on the goal line. They should be waiting for the ball, instead of jumping for the ball. We need a guy running with the guy down the field jamming him. We just relaxed, and it cost us. That’s something you can’t afford.”

Coleman had been beaten for a 74-yard Jeremy McDaniel TD to knot the score at 14-all with 1:17 left in the half. The Jets got the ball back and moved it to the Buffalo 45 with :04 left. With four receivers spit wide, Coleman lined up in the slot and ran a fly pattern. CB Daryl Porter, the nearest defender, just let him go, and by the time Keion Carpenter, Donovan Greer and Ken Irvin converged on him, he outjumped all three for the TD.

“Take that Hail Mary away, take that [Kevin Williams] kickoff away, and what have you got? We beat ourselves. We shot ourselves in the foot,” Carpenter said,

“That’s a play you don’t expect, but their guy came down with it. That was big,” said Porter. “It’s basically a jump ball, and their guy jumped higher than our guys did. It’s a Hail Mary, throw-it-up and pray, and their guys prayed a little harder and came down with it.”

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

1995 Boomer Esiason to Adrian Murrell for a 41 yard bomb. Jets failed to convert on the 2 point conversion though, so they lost to the Bills 28-26. 

Beat you by 5 years. Lol

but I do recall that one as well. 
Coleman was the most recent I could remember off the top of my head and that was 21 years ago, lol!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was there in my seats until the game was over. 

I know for sure I jumped up a couple times and I was home watching the game, so for you to sit through it all is pretty hardcore, being right there.  Not even to get a a beer? 

• Upvote 1

I feel like our Jets team won this game outright.  

The refs screwed us two times and especially during that fake INT where our WRs knees were clearly on the ground before the ball was snatched away. 

I was listening to the Eagles announcers during the game tonight and even 20 minutes later they were saying how the refs 100% got that call wrong.

Super proud of this team. Down 14 and they refused to quit. 

And coach Saleh was coaching to win too. He wanted to win this game. He was punting in the 4th Q and calling quick timeouts on Defense. He didn't just let the clock run out. He was coaching to win (both coaching staffs were).

Preseason may be meaningless to others but it's not for me. Not after going 2-14 it's not. 2-0-1 (and imo 3-0) during the preseason is going to carry over into @ Carolina week 1.

• Upvote 1

One of the biggest takeaways I sensed from this game is that this team will always play hard and give maximum effort throughout the regular season, which is a quite a bit different and a welcome change from the last 2 disastrous seasons which is a direct reflection of the head coach and his staff This will be an easy team to root for even in the difficult stretches of the upcoming season which are inevitably going to happen with such a youthful squad. The similarities of the direction and makeup  of this team and when Waldo took over are striking 

• Upvote 2