Sam Darnold looked more like 2018 Sam

Salehery

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Post the dropped picked and almost fumble yolo ball while getting sacked by three guys too if you are trying to bait some posts

It’s the eye test. He just looks more comfortable throwing the football. Gase definitely messed with him (he looked different). Not sure how you can watch his 2018 tape and his 2019 and 2020 tape and not notice the differences. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Salehery said:

It’s the eye test. He just looks more comfortable throwing the football. Gase definitely messed with him (he looked different). Not sure how you can watch his 2018 tape and his 2019 and 2020 tape and not notice the differences. 

Weren't you telling me I wasn't allowed to use the eye test for a ROOKIE Zach Wilson because preseason is "meaningless"?

But now you're able to use the "eye test" for a 4th year Sam Darnold?

PSA: Anyone who's told me to temper my excitement of Zach Wilson because of meaningless preseason games; please dont let me catch you guy(s) talking up Sam 4th year Darnold because of 1 preseason game; whatsoever.  

because then the quote game will happen and I'll be on a rampage with them.

???

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Salehery said:

Ok, cool, guy who joined 1 week ago and doesn't know how to spell the head coaches name!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

This isnt rocket science, take a QB with any talent, have a good play caller, decent blocking and decent WR's and they will succeed. The QB is not the be all end all of the team, they are 1 of 11, the most important 1 of 11, but still 1 of 11 nonetheless. Despite what the people who never played a down of football outside of Madden will tell you.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I root for the laundry.  Darnold is in my rear view mirror, and I will be going out of my way to root hard against him in week 1.  Beyond that,  I don't care. In fact, I would rather he play exactly as he has the last 3 years which will prove the Jets right to move on from him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

19/25, 162 passing yards, 1 sack, 2 TD's/0 INTs QB Rating of 119.1.

But just like hundreds of Jets fans were telling me to temper my excitement over Zach Wilson's two A+ performances...

"SAM DARNOLD'S PERFORMANCE DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE IT WAS AGAINST backups AND PRESEASON GAMES ARE meaningless" AND HE'S NOW IN HIS 4TH YEAR AND HIS STARTERS PLAYED VS SCRUBS WHO WILL WORK AT MCDONALDS NEXT YEAR". 

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Relax dude…relax 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Salehery said:

The eye test? Based on one play? Oh boy.. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But just like hundreds of Jets fans were telling me to temper my excitement over Zach Wilson's two A+ performances...

"SAM DARNOLD'S PERFORMANCE DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE IT WAS AGAINST backups AND PRESEASON GAMES ARE meaningless" AND HE'S NOW IN HIS 4TH YEAR AND HIS STARTERS PLAYED VS SCRUBS WHO WILL WORK AT MCDONALDS NEXT YEAR". 

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Nah, they will be working at UPS. 

57 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

SOUND FAMILIAR?

The difference being the reality of Darnold being a few years removed from being a rookie. 

1 hour ago, Icer said:

Post the dropped pick and almost fumble yolo ball while getting sacked by three guys too if you are trying to bait some posts

ps - I don't think he threw a ball longer than 10 yards until the final 2 plays in the half

Thats what QB's are trained to do, when thier not coached by Gase. Take what the defense gives you, and ket your playmakers get the extra yds. No Sam wasn't perfect. When he is perfect, maybe you'll give an objective opinion about how well he played

• Thumb Down 1