KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!!

Great grab at the end of the game - he went up and took that ball - even if we only have him for Hail Mary's he needs to be on this team. Daniel Brown didn't do himself any favors. I was expecting some dull ending to this game but it was actually pretty entertaining.

• Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

4 receptions 100 yards 2 touchdowns

Keep Kenny!

Yes bro yes! 

This kid destroyed the SEC during his final year at Ole' Miss more than Chris Herndon did during his final year @ Miami U within the ACC. 

Robby Anderson was an undrafted gem of a WR and Kenny Yeboah is on the verge of becoming the same but @ TE and this kid Kenny Yeboah imo is 10x more talented than Chris Herndon and super hungry too. 

Zach Wilson to Kenny Yeboah!

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

that hail mary saved his job cause i dont think he did enough until then. now there is no way they can cut him after this great performance.

I don’t know. Big plays in preseason don’t save jobs, for example Ballentine got cut right after his big kick return. Yeboah has hopefully done enough in practice because I don’t think he’ll go unclaimed if he goes to practice squad. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Lol - but seriously who the Jets got at TE and they are gonna cut this kid? It shouldn't happen. He looks like a weapon that maybe needs some work but a weapon none the less.

He caught a few garbage time passes against Amazon drivers.  Welcome to preseason 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Nice catch. He still gets cut.

He's not getting "cut".

NFL GMs and coach Saleh aren't no idiots.

Because you don't release a kid Rookie TE @ a position of need who just recorded 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TDs (one being an amazing one).

You'll see. I'll be here to remind you about it too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

He caught a few garbage time passes

against Amazon drivers.  

Welcome to preseason 

You shouldn't talk to us about "welcome to preseason" when you're a grown man who doesn't even understand what these preseason games mean to these kids, do you?

Christian Hackenberg couldn't make the league because he couldn't perform as a 2nd round pick during preseason games and Robby Anderson was an undrafted gem who made the league due to emerging out of nowhere and destroying Preseason ala WELCOME TO PRESEASON.

GARBAGE TIME? The kids were fighting for their NFL lives tonight. 

GARBAGE TIME? These kids were fighting for their families, for themselves and for their NFL futures tonight. 

GARBAGE TIME? There is no such thing as NFL "garbage time" because you don't make the NFL for being trash players (or else you and me both would've made the NFL) preseason or not. 

And you're wrong again. These kids all have college degrees and will never "DRIVE TRUCKS FOR AMAZON" regardless if they make the cut or not.

Elijah Moore of Ole' Miss is going nuts on Twitter right now and CELEBRATING for his friend Kenny Yeboah because he knows his friend Kenny Yeboah JUST MADE THE TEAM AS A JET!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Did you post a picture of him getting hit and losing the ball??

Yup. 

That picture just goes to show how stupid (some) fans are for nitpicking and wanting to quit on talented kids due to 1 rookie mistake during preseason. It's sad to me.

And did you not read the inbox messages he sent me? He went out of his way to thank me because he noticed me defending him against hundreds of angry Jets fans on Twitter who wanted to quit on him (because of that picture above) and all I kept doing for 30 minutes is posting his Ole Miss stats and highlight videos and the next morning he thanked me twice for my belief in him.

I've been raving about this kid as an undrafted gem since day one and why? Because this young man is super talented and oozes potential. 

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Nice catch. He still gets cut.

Screenshot_20210828-005039_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ad74136a29443a2316776f3d395c9ab1.jpg

Do you really think coach Robert Saleh is going to A.) Celebrate with him in the locker room? B.) Award him the game ball?

And them C.) "Cut" him?

Because if so?

D.) You don't understand what preseason is all about.  

KENNY YEBOAH JUST MADE THE FOOTBALL TEAM AS A JET!

2 hours ago, doitny said:

that hail mary saved his job cause i dont think he did enough until then. now there is no way they can cut him after this great performance.

Imo I don't believe he was ever getting cut to begin with and that's because he's way too talented and his athleticism for a man of his size is down right freakish man.

And even before that game saving hail mary TD reception he had already recorded 3 receptions off of 4 targets (75% catch rate) with 51 receiving yards and 1 TD reception (before his 49 yard last second TD).

He had already done more than enough to redeem himself after his Rookie mistake/fumble during week 1 (where his QB set him up for failure and hung him out to dry).

He was never getting released to begin with as a Rookie and that's because 52 other men on this roster aren't more talented than him to begin with (just my opinion).

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And you're wrong again. These kids all have college degrees and will never "DRIVE TRUCKS FOR AMAZON" regardless if they make the cut or not.

Well, no.

The majority of NFL players do not have degrees.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Facts said:

Well, no.

The majority of NFL players do not have degrees.

More than 50% of NFL players have college degrees and NFL players have more college degrees than NBA, MLB and NHL players. 

#Facts.

But who cares anyways because A.) I found his Amazon Truck Driving remark to be nasty and B.) Kenny Yeboah isn't about to drive TRUCKS for AMAZON because he just made our Football team as a JET and 100% too.

That's not a running play either so you should spend all night drooling over it and after the ways you disrespectful @bla bla bla Ryan aka my favorite Jets pilot and attacked his YouTube highlights last weekend? Welcome to my BLOCK PARTY because throughout all of 2021 I don't want to see another one of your little quotes of mine, ever again. 

Screenshot_20210828-012852_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cd286d2baeeafb88f42671989f743b10.jpg

Don't bother ever quoting another one of my posts anymore either because (thankfully) I won't be around to see your little trolling of me anymore...

celebrate-yay.gif

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

While another TE fumbled the game away to the same Amazon drivers.

Fans who make those types of remarks don't have any idea what Preseason Football is all about and they don't understand nor comprehend what's at stake for these kids while playing FOOTBALL on that field; they don't even realize how good at the game of Football you have to be in order to even make it into a preseason game man. 

Trust me. I wish it were easy. I'd be an NFL player instead of a fan who has a passion for the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm a big Yeboah guy and talked him up as a possible value pick on day 3 before the draft:

But that hail mary TD was an abomination from the Philly reserves.  Four dudes standing around him and I think one guy put a hand up in the air.  Nobody made an effort at all.  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He has been absolute trash all training camp but he took a nice step forward tonight. This TE group is awful so he may make the 53.

I bet you can not create a list of 53 players on our roster who's more talented than Kenny Yeboah (try it). 

And he hasn't been "trash" all training camp and I know because I read the training camp reports every practice.

and he's made a bunch of plays throughout all 3 of Mini Camp, OTAs and TC too.

and tonight he feasted for 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions (80% catch rate).

"He may make the 53"

??

You're wrong.

He's already made the team.

Coach Robert Saleh just celebrated with him and gave him the game ball.

Screenshot_20210828-004959_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c919d35f3224f243d4f6042acc144391.jpgAnd you're trying to say that he "may make the 53"?

Um. lol. 

No head coach gives a Rookie the game ball after your last preseason game and then "CUTS YOU". 

image.png.81ebb963a0fee59b3ea61ecb03c1d157.png

And his teammates like Elijah Moore and Michael Carter are going NUTS for him on Twitter right now!

Yeah. Right. Sounds like a player who "may make the 53". 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He hasn't been "trash" all training camp and I know because I read the training camp reports every practice.

and he's made a bunch of plays throughout all 3 of Mini Camp, OTAs and TC too.

and tonight he feasted for 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions (80% catch rate).

And he was awesome @ Ole' Miss last year and feasted against an elite SEC Conference too.

"He may make the 53" ??

You're wrong.

He's already made the team.

Coach Robert Saleh just celebrated with him and gave him the game ball.

Screenshot_20210828-004959_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c919d35f3224f243d4f6042acc144391.jpg

And you're trying to say he "may make the 53"?

lol. 

No head coach gives a Rookie the game ball after your last preseason game and then CUTS YOU. 

image.png.81ebb963a0fee59b3ea61ecb03c1d157.png

And his teammates like Elijah Moore and Michael Carter are going NUTS for him on Twitter. 

Yeah. Right. Sounds like a player who "may make the 53". 

?

You're clueless. Stop quoting me with your ignorant nonsense. Thanks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

You're clueless. Stop quoting me with your ignorant nonsense. Thanks

The only one who's "clueless" is the one who thinks Robert Saleh is going to cut the same Rookie who he just gave the game ball too.

Screenshot_20210828-004959_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e4a65d58188c549d6c8cced3c7043b90.jpg

instead of celebrating one of our undrafted Rookies having a monster game, you trash him instead?

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's not getting "cut".

NFL GMs and coach Saleh aren't no idiots.

Because you don't release a kid Rookie TE @ a position of need who just recorded 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TDs (one being an amazing one).

You'll see. I'll be here to remind you about it too. 

Especially on a rebuilding team with no shot at the playoff. Youth  over aging vets, speed and play making ability over plodding 5 yard “sit down” route players who don’t stretch the defense and open up the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1