KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes bro yes! 

This kid destroyed the SEC during his final year at Ole' Miss more than Chris Herndon did during his final year @ Miami U within the ACC. 

Robby Anderson was an undrafted gem of a WR and Kenny Yeboah is on the verge of becoming the same but @ TE and this kid Kenny Yeboah imo is 10x more talented than Chris Herndon and super hungry too. 

Zach Wilson to Kenny Yeboah!

“Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.”

Vince Lombardi

“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.”

Marie Curie

Go get ‘em Jets! 

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You shouldn't talk to us about "welcome to preseason" when you're a grown man who doesn't even understand what these preseason games mean to these kids, do you?

Christian Hackenberg couldn't make the league because he couldn't perform as a 2nd round pick during preseason games and Robby Anderson was an undrafted gem who made the league due to emerging out of nowhere and destroying Preseason ala WELCOME TO PRESEASON.

GARBAGE TIME? The kids were fighting for their NFL lives tonight. 

GARBAGE TIME? These kids were fighting for their families, for themselves and for their NFL futures tonight. 

GARBAGE TIME? There is no such thing as NFL "garbage time" because you don't make the NFL for being trash players (or else you and me both would've made the NFL) preseason or not. 

And you're wrong again. These kids all have college degrees and will never "DRIVE TRUCKS FOR AMAZON" regardless if they make the cut or not.

Elijah Moore of Ole' Miss is going nuts on Twitter right now and CELEBRATING for his friend Kenny Yeboah because he knows his friend Kenny Yeboah JUST MADE THE TEAM AS A JET!

You’re exhausting 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Who else wants to cut Yeboah just to spite DWC?

He makes it so hard for people like him and agree with even when you actually agree with him. 

I really hope we keep Yeboab. We really have to cut Chris Herndon. I’m so over that guy, I want nothing to do with him. He has done NOTHING through TC and preseason.  I would much rather give Yeboah his reps at practice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

He has been absolute trash all training camp but he took a nice step forward tonight. This TE group is awful so he may make the 53.

That’s his saving grace- the competition on this roster. Making a nice catch on a horribly defended pass shouldn’t be the make or break moment.

It didn’t sound as if he had a great camp, and all athletic talent aside, it’s hard to squeeze a raw prospect on the 53

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

But that hail mary TD was an abomination from the Philly reserves.  Four dudes standing around him and I think one guy put a hand up in the air.  Nobody made an effort at all.  

Yup.  If Yeboah makes the team, it is going to be based on what he did for the last 5 weeks.  Not becuase he caught a hail mary. 

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  If Yeboah makes the team, it is going to be based on what he did for the last 5 weeks.  Not becuase he caught a hail mary. 

I think it's more about what Daniel Brown, Ryan Griffin and Chris Herndon DIDN'T do for the past 5 weeks.  Sadly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Jets fans love bashing our tight ends.  Yet we have the number 1 tight end unit in the league through 3 preseason games.

Lafleur getting alot of production out of this unit.  Like our rb position, te is isnt top heavy but w/ kroft, herndon and yeboah, its solid.  These tight ends are going to play a big role in this offense.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

More than 50% of NFL players have college degrees and NFL players have more college degrees than NBA, MLB and NHL players. 

#Facts.

Wrong.

Less than 50% of NFL players have degrees. Only 46% to be exact. This is directly from the NFL.

2FDFB682-8A41-42D0-960D-F9D673DB5591.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Tough call here. Obviously the Jets had a reasonably high draft round grade on him as they gave him a lot of money for an UDFA.

We do not have superstars at TE.

Saleh prefers to develop players than roll with veterans

If you saw the post game speech the team loves the guy

I think the Jets keep him and try and develop him more. He is obviously talented.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Tough call here. Obviously the Jets had a reasonably high draft round grade on him as they gave him a lot of money for an UDFA.

We do not have superstars at TE.

Saleh prefers to develop players than roll with veterans

If you saw the post game speech the team loves the guy

I think the Jets keep him and try and develop him more. He is obviously talented.

The WR and TE spots will be very difficult to figure out for JD in my opinion.  The challenge is that we have a LOT of B- or C+ talent that has to be sorted out with no A or even B+ guys at the TE position.  So, do you keep an experienced guy like Griffin over a young but unproven guy like Yeboah?  It seems like Wesco may have earned a spot because of his blocking and H-back ability.

How many TEs are kept?

And, if you consider Wesco a TE then out of Herndon, Kroft, Wesco, Griffin, Yeboah how many can you honestly keep on the roster.... especially if you have a similar problem at WR and want to keep 6 WRs?

Davis, Cole, Moore, Crowder, Mims seem like locks to me.... What do you do with V. Smith, Berrios, Jeff Smith, etc.  You're going to have to try to sneak one or two of those guys to the PS along with Cager.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

it was a great play.  i don't see a hail mary catch at the end of the 3rd pre season game propelling him onto the roster, unfortunately.  i had high hopes for him.

He also made 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD before that "one hail mary catch". 

Doesn't really matter what you see. 

Because he made our Football team as a JET. 

JUST ASK COACH ROBERT SALEH.  

PS: You don't release and cut a Rookie who you just gave a game ball too and after his last preseason game too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

But that hail mary TD was an abomination from the Philly reserves.  Four dudes standing around him and I think one guy put a hand up in the air.  Nobody made an effort at all.  

I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but I agree.

Yeboah didn’t make a great play. Meaning, he doesn’t pluck it out of the air (ala Deandre Hopkins) while surrounded by guys trying to grab it.

He just caught a ball that none of the 3rd/4th string Philly players even bothered to try to grab.

He basically caught a punt.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I disagree. He makes the team because he's an extremely talented Rookie who just feasted against your elite SEC Defensive Conference last year during only his 1st year @ Ole' Miss. 

7 games. 

27 Receptions.  

524 Receiving Yards. 

19.4 Yards Per Reception.  

6 TD Receptions.  

He was never getting released to begin with (with or without his monster game vs. Philadelphia) and that's because their aren't 53 players on any roster in the NFL who's more talented than Kenny Yeboah; this kid has freakish athleticism for a man of his size and A++ potential. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

their aren't 53 players on any roster in the NFL who's more talented than Kenny Yeboah; this kid has freakish athleticism for a man of his size and A++ potential. 

Yet couldn’t get drafted?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He also made 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD before that "one hail mary catch". 

Doesn't really matter what you see. 

Because he made our Football team as a JET. 

JUST ASK COACH ROBERT SALEH.  

PS: You don't release and cut a Rookie who you just gave a game ball too and after his last preseason game too. 

why do you keep making the fact that they gave a game ball to him the end all, be all?  its preseason, a game they didn't even win.  hes a UDFA, i don't think saleh or jd will be up all night if they cut him.  i bet if he went just 3/51/1 you wouldn't have made a whole thread about it.  like i said - i'm pulling for the guy but i'm not getting my hopes up.

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but I agree.

Yeboah didn’t make a great play.

Meaning, he doesn’t pluck it out of the air (ala Deandre Hopkins) while surrounded by guys trying to grab it.

He just caught a ball that none of the 3rd/4th string Philly players even bothered to try to grab.

You "agree"?

I guess you didn't watch the game because it sounds like you didn't even pay attention to his other 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD reception with a 75% catch rate either (before the hail mary").

Now did you?

You dont even understand nor comprehend the meaning of preseason football and what these games mean to these kids, do you?

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You "agree"?

I guess you didn't watch the game because it sounds like you didn't even pay attention to his other 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD reception with a 75% catch rate either (before the hail mary").

Now did you?

You dont even understand nor comprehend the meaning of preseason football and what these games mean to these kids, do you?

I watched the game.

I was talking about 1 play. I commented on that 1 play in the post you quoted. 

It is irrelevant what these games mean to these kids. All that matters is production.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

why do you keep making the fact that they gave a game ball to him the end all, be all?  its preseason, a game they didn't even win.  hes a UDFA, i don't think saleh or jd will be up all night if they cut him.  i bet if he went just 3/51/1 you wouldn't have made a whole thread about it.  like i said - i'm pulling for the guy but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I would've created this thread after 3-51-1-75% and why? Because I was going NUTS during the game after his 1st TD reception.