KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why cant NY Jets fans be happy for Kenny Yeboah and wish him a great and successful career here. 

Because of DWC trying to pump him up as a star in the making.

I’d still rather have Yeboah make the team over Herndon.

At least there is potential there with Yeboah. Herndon just is what he is at this point. A complete scrub who had a handful of solid games as a rookie and has done jacksh*t ever since. Why some are still holding out hope for him is beyond me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why cant NY Jets fans be happy for Kenny Yeboah and wish him a great and successful career here. 

i do - i just cant see him making the roster.  wish it was different - theres been plenty of guys i've wanted to make the roster in years past and it didn't matter when they didn't.

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

i do - i just cant see him making the roster.  wish it was different - theres been plenty of guys i've wanted to make the roster in years past and it didn't matter when they didn't.

This

There were plenty of people around here who were up in arms a couple of years ago when we released Greg Dortch in favor of picking up Berrios.

Which was absolutely the right move

There are better odds of someone like Kenny Yeboah or Josh Adams completely falling out of the league over transforming into stars and haunting the Jets. But people still play this same game every August.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Facts said:

Yet couldn’t get drafted?

But yet couldn't get drafted either, could you?

#Facts.

Tom Brady went 6th round. 

#Facts

WR:Wayne Chrebet.

WR: Robby Anderson.

K: John Hall.

NT: Damon Harrison. 

RG: Brandon Moore. 

SS: Victor Green.  

JETS who all went undrafted. 

#Facts

DT/DE: John Randle. 

LG: Nate Newton. 

DE: Michael Bennett.

C; Jeff Saturday.

MLB: London Fletcher. 

QB: Tony Romo.

LT: Jason Peters.  

WR: Rod Smith. 

RB: Priest Holmes. 

WR: Wes Welker. 

K: Adam Vinatieri.

QB: Kurt Warner.  

OLB: James Harrison. 

CB: Dick 'Night Train' Lane.

QB: Warren Moon. 

TE: Antonio Gates.  

#Facts

And if did further research I could list another 100+ undrafted FAs who became impactful NFL players along with hundreds of later 6th and 7th round draft picks who were overlooked.  

#Facts

31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree. He makes the team because he's an extremely talented Rookie who just feasted against your elite SEC Defensive Conference last year during only his 1st year @ Ole' Miss. 

7 games. 

27 Receptions.  

524 Receiving Yards. 

19.4 Yards Per Reception.  

6 TD Receptions.  

He was never getting released to begin with (with or without his monster game vs. Philadelphia) and that's because their aren't 53 players on any roster in the NFL who's more talented than Kenny Yeboah; this kid has freakish athleticism for a man of his size and A++ potential. 

A++?!?

Well, now I'm on board.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because of DWC trying to pump him up as a star in the making.

I’d still rather have Yeboah make the team over Herndon.

At least there is potential there with Yeboah. Herndon just is what he is at this point. A complete scrub who had a handful of solid games as a rookie and has done jacksh*t ever since. Why some are still holding out hope for him is beyond me.

I've raved about Kenny Yeboah since day 1. 

And he will become an NFL Star and a Jets household name and for many of years to come too. 

You just don't know how to notice extremely freakish (rare) TE talent when you see it (imo). 

23 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Please name us 1 NFL Rookie who's ever recorded 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions along with a game ball and during his final preseason game too; and then "cut"?

Can you?

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And he will become an NFL Star and a Jets household name and for many of years to come too. 

You just don't know how to notice extremely freakish (rare) TE talent when you see it (imo). 

If Yeboah was such a “freak”, then surely someone would’ve at least taken a 7th round flyer on him, right?

He got passed over by everyone because the guy has a penchant for dropping balls and his skills as an inline blocker are pretty much non-existent.

The only reason he might make the team is because the Jets have the sh*ttiest group of TE’s in the league. And despite this, he had done absolutely nothing throughout TC and the pre-season to establish himself prior to last night.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There are so many variables that determine greatness. He obviously has the physical skills. Uncertain if he has the game IQ that Gonzalez, Gronk and Kielce have. If he he can develop that understanding of the game then you need an OL and QB to make plays. I would love to see it. 

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But yet couldn't get drafted either, could you?

#Facts.

Tom Brady went 6th round. 

#Facts

JETS who all went undrafted. 

#Facts

C; Jeff Saturday.

#Facts

And if did further research I could list another 100+ undrafted FAs who became impactful NFL players along with hundreds of later 6th and 7th round draft picks who were overlooked.  

#Facts

We aren’t talking about players who made an impact. We’re talking about players that are “better than 53 others on any team”.

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Can I give some constructive criticism?  

You're very active on the board and bring a lot of good thoughts.

I think I might like you more than the average poster here.

BUT you don't have to keep repeating the same long stats and videos over and over again trying to win an argument.

99% of the people here will never change their minds from the opinion they have on any player/team/stat so repeating these talking points is adding nothing to the conversation and accomplishes nothing more than annoying most of the board.  

Keep being you and adding your thoughts and ideas here.  Imo, it's nice to have new content and you're providing a lot of it.  

But PLEASE stop getting in these arguments with everyone on every thread.  Just make your point and move on.  

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Who else wants to cut Yeboah just to spite DWC?

You sould both jealous and bitter that...

A.) I've raved about this kid since day 1

and

B.) He went out of his way to inbox message me on Twitrer while thanking me 2x for believing in him (due to him seeing me support him vs. hundreds of ANGRY Jets fans because of a Rookie mistake/fumble.  

Screenshot_20210825-204836_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82fdcc117ff0f7f707f59824c7aec4a9.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-204911_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98e92727334993fa425f4c0284d7140e.jpg

image.png.f7db36f5d17dd2010896f53550f39278.png

image.png.2f0af272292627cd8fc00d28495912e0.png

And he messaged me 2x last night a couple hours after his big game thanking me again but those messages I can't share he shared too many personal trials and tribulations of his childhood and things he went through and overcame and it would be wrong of me to share; but I just think it's pretty cool how my support of him as a Jets fan was appreciated by him before he MADE IT ???

He'll one day shout out DWC durung his HOF SPEECH ?

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If Yeboah was such a “freak”, then surely someone would’ve at least taken a 7th round flyer on him, right?

He got passed over by everyone because the guy has a penchant for dropping balls and his skills as an inline blocker are pretty much non-existent.

He wasn't "dropping balls" @ Ole' Miss as he destroyed the SEC last year and he wasn't dropping balls last night 4/5 ala 80% catch rate.

Tom Brady went 6th round. 

Did he end up stinking?

All undrafted Jets.

Did they all end up stinking?

C; Jeff Saturday.

All undrafted beasts. 

Did they end up stinking too?

I think I'll take what you have to say about undrafted gems with a grain of salt because if were left up to you, none of these players in bold (plus hundreds of others) would've ever been given an opportunity.

And I thank the Football Gods that you're not Joe Douglas nor Robert Saleh. 

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Because (some) like to trash developing Rookies and 2nd year players due to "practice reps" and "rookie mistakes" and absolutely hate when these young kids end up playing awesome while providing them wrong. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Night Train Lane seems like a fair comparison.  I mean the game hasn't changed much since 1952 and scouting, analysis, information sharing and the ability to locate talent nationwide have hardly improved.

Don’t forget such athletic freaks as Tom Brady and Wayne Chrebet.

26 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I’m half convinced this is Tom Shane posting under a burner DWC account he made up years ago

And I'm half convinced you're Tom Shane because you've accused me of being him over 10x now. A simple IP check would prove you wrong. 

You've never even created a Jets thread of your own and that's because you've not got a creative thinking sports bone in your body.  You just nitpick others who do. I dare you to actually create a Jets thread for once; in order for fans to laugh at your lack of creativity.  

You're not here to talk Football dude you're just here to attack people. 

WELCOME TO MY 2021 BLOCK PARTY, WHERE TALKING JETS FOOTBAL THROUGHTHROUGHOUT 2021 WILL BECOME MORE ENJOYABLE FOR ME WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

#OutOfSightIsOutOfMind. 

Screenshot_20210828-133546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ef60363e328494440f9ccecb13165fb.jpg

Please don't go out of your way to quote me anymore as you've done so for many of years because A.) I won't be around to read your trolling of me anymore and B.) It takes a coward to talk behind people's back who's not there to defend themselves ????

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Kenny Yeboah

It's a solid workman like TE name that I can support, and he's athletic so that helps too. Plus, the Jets TEs aren't that impressive to begin with. Hold onto Kroft as he looks solid and steady and he's new. Griff was that guy, got injured, and I'm not worried either way. Herndon has been fool's gold too, like sam, as so far outside of some plays his rookie year he's done nothing not concerned either way with him too. Keep the young guy who isn't already established as below average to average like some of the other guys ahead of him. He also has superior highlight music, at least on that clip.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And I'm half convinced you're Tom Shane because you've accused me of being him over 10x now. A simple IP check would prove you wrong. 

You've never even created a Jets thread of your own and that's because you've not got a creative thinking sports bone in your body.  You just nitpick others who do. I dare you to actually create a Jets thread for once; in order for fans to laugh at your lack of creativity.  

You're not here to talk Football dude you're just here to attack people. 

WELCOME TO MY 2021 BLOCK PARTY, WHERE TALKING JETS FOOTBAL THROUGHTHROUGHOUT 2021 WILL BECOME MORE ENJOYABLE FOR ME WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

#OutOfSightIsOutOfMind. 

Screenshot_20210828-133546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ef60363e328494440f9ccecb13165fb.jpg

Please don't go out of your way to quote me anymore as you've done so for many of years because A.) I won't be around to read your trolling of me anymore and B.) It takes a coward to talk behind people's back who's not there to defend themselves ????

Usually for a breakup to take, the girl doesn't send a 25 page note to say they never want to see you again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The WR and TE spots will be very difficult to figure out for JD in my opinion.  The challenge is that we have a LOT of B- or C+ talent that has to be sorted out with no A or even B+ guys at the TE position.  So, do you keep an experienced guy like Griffin over a young but unproven guy like Yeboah?  It seems like Wesco may have earned a spot because of his blocking and H-back ability.

How many TEs are kept?

And, if you consider Wesco a TE then out of Herndon, Kroft, Wesco, Griffin, Yeboah how many can you honestly keep on the roster.... especially if you have a similar problem at WR and want to keep 6 WRs?

Davis, Cole, Moore, Crowder, Mims seem like locks to me.... What do you do with V. Smith, Berrios, Jeff Smith, etc.  You're going to have to try to sneak one or two of those guys to the PS along with Cager.

I would be shocked if we don't keep 7 WRs

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

This

There were plenty of people around here who were up in arms a couple of years ago when we released Greg Dortch in favor of picking up Berrios.

Which was absolutely the right move

There are better odds of someone like Kenny Yeboah or Josh Adams completely falling out of the league over transforming into stars and haunting the Jets. But people still play this same game every August.

Counter to that is two things. First we paid Yeboah like a super premium UDFA meaning we might have had as high as a 4th or 5th round grade on him. Saleh as he has said many times prefers to the young guy to the veteran. I would be very surprised if he does not make the 53 roster.

• Sympathy 2

Yeboah isnt a secret.   He's gifted physically, so his ceiling is very high.

Hopefully he keeps stacking the good stuff and eliminates the drops - he had a TON of dropped passes in camp reports.  If he makes the team it's cause the TE room is weak, but he can take advantage.  The opportunity is there if he wants to grab it. 

He hasn't earned this level of love yet though.  

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

You could be right.  I hadn't really thought we'd keep more than 6 but maybe 7 is the roster and 6 are active on game days.

It doesn't make sense to cut a quality player over a poor one just because they play positions of need.  

Coach should adjust his system to play to the team's strength.  Lose the fullback and tight ends (until they get good ones) and keep the wideouts.  Tweak the plays to work for the position changes. 

• Upvote 1