The Jets are building something special

52 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

This is how cultures are changed folks.

The end of the Eagles game captured the spirit of this team perfectly. Yes, it was preseason. Yes, it was 2nd and 3rd string players. But did you see the reaction on the sideline?

Passion and energy go a long way. Executing comebacks and finding ways not to lose are what contenders do in this league.

This is a young and hungry team. Robert Saleh is a breath of fresh air, and he's leading something special here.

It's not going to happen overnight, but this team is on the verge of finally turning things around. It's time to start believing.

Great post man.

And it's not a mandate for me as a fan but we're making the playoffs this year and we're winning our AFC East Division too. I just know it because I feel it like never before. 

Jets-fire-Adam-Gase.thumb.jpg.1e9172c83f822ab7c48c4ff1b4cd5674.jpg

67e893b5-AP20281501890285.thumb.jpg.5b1c85adb4e19ea35c34e57e8ab04c84.jpg

sptn_adam_gase_1014-scaled-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.5edca4e11afeb39b5d4c3f874bd9d359.jpg

After a 2-14 season Winning is important to these kids.

Winning OTAs has been important to these kids.

Winning Mini Camp has been important to these kids.

Winning Training Camp battles has been important to these kids.

Winning Preseason games has been important to these kids too.

And why? 

Because a lot of our current players has hated the feelings of what a 2-14 losing Adam Gase did to them as a Football team last year. 

Down 14. 2nd half. And these kids fought back and they played with both heart and pride while doing so and you know what's crazy about it? Is that I knew that they would.

That 1st Q forced fumble Inside the red zone let me know as a fan that this game wasn't just another preseason game. Something felt different about it. 

Coach Robert Saleh coached to win tonight too. 

He was punting in the 4th Q and playing situational football.

He was calling timeouts to get the ball back with under two minutes and why?

Because he seen just how bad his teammates wanted to win and he didn't want to let them down by just letting the clock hit 0:00 and an L.

1928432748_images(11).jpeg.33b44488ac92c594a5cdbe7598aadee7.jpeg

salehulbrich.thumb.jpg.bc8ce9f3428beaa57094539ba055f18b.jpg

bkar86zhfyitoholfq5p.jpg.f2629ebe987c27ce60bed95caa559489.jpg

It's already happened. 

The culture change is already here. 

Rich Kotite's 1-15 of 1996 to Bill Parcells 9-7 of 1997 (with the same roster) is already happening with Gase's 2-14 of 2020 to Robert Saleh's All Gas No Brake of 2021.

And all it took was a culture change from top to bottom and that's what coach Robert Saleh has already done.

He's 100% completely changed our entire culture around and this is no longer a "2-14 Football team" and our fan base is different because of it too; we're 99.9% fired up and the one's who aren't are just hindsight is 20/20 types; because it's alresdy clear to see. 

And Rex Ryan did it in 2009 too. Eric Mangini had the personality of a fake Bill Belichick who drained the life out of your locker room and Rex might've been an over confident loud mouth etc but he took the pressure off his kids, he let them know he believed in them and in return they ran through brick walls for their coach Ryan and all the way into back to back AFC Championship Games when no one outside of their head coach ever truly believed in them (outside of us Home of the Jets fans).

19504540_web1_robert-saleh_1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.434ad3dc5bc80c5989926485188a27f5.jpg

ratio3x2_1800.thumb.jpg.36c715ffae05f176c4b6c20369e06145.jpg

That's what we just got. A man who will work out and lift weights alongside of his teammates before celebrating with them on Sundays. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Great post man.

And it's not a mandate for me as a fan but we're making the playoffs this year and we're winning our AFC East Division too. I just know it because I feel it like never before. 

Jets-fire-Adam-Gase.thumb.jpg.1e9172c83f822ab7c48c4ff1b4cd5674.jpg

67e893b5-AP20281501890285.thumb.jpg.5b1c85adb4e19ea35c34e57e8ab04c84.jpg

sptn_adam_gase_1014-scaled-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.5edca4e11afeb39b5d4c3f874bd9d359.jpg

After a 2-14 season Winning is important to these kids.

Winning OTAs has been important to these kids.

Winning Mini Camp has been important to these kids.

Winning Training Camp battles has been important to these kids.

Winning Preseason games has been important to these kids too.

And why? 

Because a lot of our current players has hated the feelings of what a 2-14 losing Adam Gase did to them as a Football team last year. 

Down 14. 2nd half. And these kids fought back and they played with both heart and pride while doing so and you know what's crazy about it? Is that I knew that they would.

That 1st Q forced fumble Inside the red zone let me know as a fan that this game wasn't just another preseason game. Something felt different about it. 

He was calling timeouts to get the ball back with under two minutes and why?

Because he seen just how bad his teammates wanted to win and he didn't want to let them down by just letting the clock hit 0:00 and an L.

1928432748_images(11).jpeg.33b44488ac92c594a5cdbe7598aadee7.jpeg

salehulbrich.thumb.jpg.bc8ce9f3428beaa57094539ba055f18b.jpg

bkar86zhfyitoholfq5p.jpg.f2629ebe987c27ce60bed95caa559489.jpg

It's already happened. 

Rich Kotite's 1-15 of 1996 to Bill Parcells 9-7 of 1997 (with the same roster) is already happening with Gase's 2-14 of 2020 to Robert Saleh's All Gas No Brake of 2021.

And all it took was a culture change from top to bottom and that's what coach Robert Saleh has already done.

He's 100% completely changed our entire culture around and this is no longer a "2-14 Football team" and our fan base is different because of it too; we're 99.9% fired up and the one's who aren't are just hindsight is 20/20 types; because it's alresdy clear to see. 

And Rex Ryan did it in 2009 too. Eric Mangini had the personality of a fake Bill Belichick who drained the life out of your locker room and Rex might've been an over confident loud mouth etc but he took the pressure off his kids, he let them know he believed in them and in return they ran through brick walls for their coach Ryan and all the way into back to back AFC Championship Games when no one outside of their head coach ever truly believed in them (outside of us Home of the Jets fans).

19504540_web1_robert-saleh_1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.434ad3dc5bc80c5989926485188a27f5.jpg

ratio3x2_1800.thumb.jpg.36c715ffae05f176c4b6c20369e06145.jpg

That's what we just got. A man who will work out and lift weights alongside of his teammates before celebrating with them on Sundays. 

DWC Although I enjoy  your unbridled enthusiasm it maybe a bit premature to predict playoff for this team. With the new coaching staff and a few breaks I too was optimistic about their playoff chances but with the recent injuries and retirements it might be a bit premature for such a bold prediction. I hope I am wrong and if I am wrong looking forward to you digging up these type of posts and telling me just how wrong I was ??

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

While all this is great and it does mean something, it really has to translate to the regular season. If this team is 2-6 by Week 8, you’re all going to forget about this preseason game, the energy, the passion or anything else you enjoyed seeing tonight.

Win and then I’ll believe.

It just the way it has to be with the Jets.

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

While all this is great and it does mean something, it really has to translate to the regular season. If this team is 2-6 by Week 8, you’re all going to forget about this preseason game, the energy, the passion or anything else you enjoyed seeing tonight.

Win and then I’ll believe.

It just the way it has to be with the Jets.

This.

I too like what I see.

And still......this is exactly right.

We've heard it all before.  Lets see it translate into results.  I believe it could. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

I too like what I see.

We've heard it all before.  Lets see it translate into results.  I believe it could. 

Should have went with “trying” to build something special. So far so good for what little we’ve seen so far. Passes early eye test I guess .

I appreciate the enthusiasm but they tied the game on a Hail Mary after a comeback.  That is one of the more exciting plays in sports, ofcourse they're going to be fired up, some of those dudes may never play a down on an NFL Football field again. 

It's the preseason, the juices of positivity are typically always flowing this time of the year but the truth is, we know absolutely nothing about this team, this is all meaningless.  Hopefully it's not the case but we'll see the true character of his team if they start slow because this team could easily start 1-4 and be on pace to give up the most passing yards in the NFL history, lol, that secondary is abysmal. Joe Flacco, Kurt Benkart and Nick Mullens completed 41 of 54  passes for 400 yards and 3 TD's over the last 2 games.  Got a feeling we'll be seeing slightly better competition at QB in the regular season and we face some serious WR combo's in the first 5 games; Moore/Anderson, Myers/Agholor, Jeudy/Sutton, Brown/Jones, Ridley/Pitts - game changers with pretty good signal callers.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

This.

I too like what I see.

this entire thread is vomit worthy. no one hoping this is different more then old school jets fans but lets keep the same energy when we are out of the playoff picture in week 7.

i will say the play calling was night and day from Gase. And that should be encouraging for everyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This.

I too like what I see.

Do you think fans will lose their sh*t if the Jets struggle to get wins this season? As someone on the outside looking in, they seem to be building the right way, but obviously it takes time to get the entire roster up to snuff. 

If I was a Jets fan I wouldn't be looking so much for wins this season (though that's great if it does happen) but more how the key young players look, how competitive they are, even in losses.  You can see when a team is going to be good in another year or so. It'll be interesting to see how many of the insanely optimistic posters (one in particular) react if the team doesn't do as well as they guarantee

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this entire thread is vomit worthy. no one hoping this is different more then old school jets fans but lets keep the same energy when we are out of the playoff picture in week 7.

i will say the play calling was night and day from Gase. And that should be encouraging for everyone.

After watching the game it’s clear Zach and the O is going to have to carry this team.   

interested to see what moves Douglas makes next week.  

This.

I too like what I see.

I acknowledge this may be true that, if they’re 2-8, the sentiment we have now may sour. However, with 1 big caveat. I’m expecting them to win 5-7 games. Therefore, if they’re 2-8 and show fight in close games my reaction will be WAY different than if they’re 2-8 and look as deflated as they did under Gase.

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Great post man.

enthusiasm is great but this unrealistic. we will be lucky to win 6 games. we have no idea if the culture has changed at all. a couple preseason wins doesn't prove anything at all. lets see what happens the first half of this season and then you can start to talk like this......

I think the point of the thread is the culture has been changed.  

Did we really need those who think they've invented the voice of reason to remind us that we need to win games and if the team starts 2-6 blah, blah, blah.  

None of which has to do with there's a change in the team, that we're building towards something differently than before.  Thats the point of the team, not to be so smart and say prove it

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

think the point of the thread is the culture has been changed.  

Did we really need those who think they've invented the voice of reason to remind us that we need to win games and if the team starts 2-6 blah, blah, blah.  

Positivity doesn’t = culture change

this feels good right now but we don’t know what that even really means yet.

this culture changes when we start winning, so, yes, we do need a voice of reason since posters think this means we’re out of the 50+ year hole we’ve dug. No, nobody thinks they invented the voice of reason, easy killer, you can be happy and still feel this way as well. 

9 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

This is how cultures are changed folks.

The end of the Eagles game captured the spirit of this team perfectly. Yes, it was preseason. Yes, it was 2nd and 3rd string players. But did you see the reaction on the sideline?

Passion and energy go a long way. Executing comebacks and finding ways not to lose are what contenders do in this league.

This is a young and hungry team. Robert Saleh is a breath of fresh air, and he's leading something special here.

It's not going to happen overnight, but this team is on the verge of finally turning things around. It's time to start believing.

I remember craving a Robert Saleh hire last Winter for this exact reason.  I started a thread saying how we need to take a serious look at this guy.  I've had the quote below in my sig since the day we hired him.... it's from several years ago when he was introduced in SF as the defensive coordinator.  This guy is all about lifting people up and enabling them to be their best, he's a family guy.  At the same time he's a tough, no BS kind of man who preaches accountability.  We're fortunate to have him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Positivity doesn’t = culture change

this feels good right now but we don’t know what that even really means yet.

this culture changes when we start winning, so, yes, we do need a voice of reason since posters think this means we’re out of the 50+ year hole we’ve dug. No, nobody thinks they invented the voice of reason, easy killer, you can be happy and still feel this way as well. 

Positivity doesn’t = culture change to you, while yes it does, its 100% the starting point an important one to cultural change.  Players believing in themselves, believing in the CS and their message, not thinking they're SOJs is culture change.

Of course you need to win, but finding the good in the inevitable bad sure as shlt is important

Everything about the Jets changed when Parcells was hired, well before we beat Seattle up in our opener months later

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He was calling timeouts to get the ball back with under two minutes.

and why?

It's already happened. 

• Sympathy 1