My Guess at the 27 players the Jets will cut to get to 53

19 minutes ago, Alka said:

Perine is as good as gold.  If it was any question, he would have been playing yesterday fighting for his football career.  I actually think that Perine has looked very good in preseason.  He will be staying.

normally your right. but when a guy puts on a game like Adams did last night you have to make room for him. and this is Salehs fault cause last night was the first game Adams really played.

just like Yeboah. i think most of us thought he would be cut but after last nights game they have to make room for him.

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Alka said:

Perine is as good as gold.  If it was any question, he would have been playing yesterday fighting for his football career.  I actually think that Perine has looked very good in preseason.  He will be staying.

I think your idea and my idea of very good differ greatly.  I have never seen Perine look any better than adequate.   Johnson and Adams ran better last year and IMO they ran better this preseason.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Not sure why everyone is cutting White. He's been the clear #2 QB throughout camp and in pre-season. Whenever you see Zach talking with another QB on the sideline, it's always White.

Josh Johnson is a good vet, I like him, but White is the #2. Morgan heads to the PS if he clears waivers, Johnson is your emergency guy you call off the couch if someone else gets injured.

The only thing that could change that is if White's rib injury will keep him inactive for any length of time. But, if he's healthy, he's the backup.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Forget that throw. The one he made rolling out to his left, across his body ,25 yards to Smith that hit him in the numbers. That’s what the coaches will remember. There’s only one other guy on this team that can do that, and it’s not White or Johnson.

Personally, I think Mike White's arm is as big as Morgan's.  Johnson has a pretty big arm too.  Wilson might have the weakest arm of the bunch if you are just looking for big throws.

33 minutes ago, Larz said:

Every NFL roster has a josh Adam on it

One would think.  But there are teams that don't.

HOU only has one back over 5'10" 215.  That's David Johnson, who is sadly, always hurt. 

I feel confident saying that Josh Adams belong on an NFL 53-man roster.  If not here, there is a team that can use him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Personally, I think Mike White's arm is as big as Morgan's.  Johnson has a pretty big arm too.  Wilson might have the weakest arm of the bunch if you are just looking for big throws.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that.  Wilson made a ton of 35-45 yard throws on the money last year and my sense is there is room for more if he needs it.  He's not quite Allen/Mahomes but he's got 50 yards when he needs it and the passes aren't ducks.  I don't think you can really ask for much more.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm not sure I'd agree with that.  Wilson made a ton of 35-45 yard throws on the money last year and my sense is there is room for more if he needs it.  He's not quite Allen/Mahomes but he's got 50 yards when he needs it and the passes aren't ducks.  I don't think you can really ask for much more.

Maybe.  Having success throwing deep does not necessarily equate with a big arm.  Montana had success throwing deep and he did not have a cannon.  A guy like Rodgers has plenty of arm, but his success isn't predicated on a cannon like Allen.  WIlson seems to have a great release.  I don't think he has the arm strength of the other two.  That is far from the most important thing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

One would think.  But there are teams that don't.

HOU only has one back over 5'10" 215.  That's David Johnson, who is sadly, always hurt. 

I feel confident saying that Josh Adams belong on an NFL 53-man roster.  If not here, there is a team that can use him.  

So this comes down to the height and weight in the program?

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Smith is a dime a dozen every single team in the NFL has type at the back end of their roster player.  Nowhere near as reliable as Crowder.  A QB needs reliable not a guy who catches 14-25 passes a year

I don't see either of the young guys as guys whose potential is 14-25 passes a year. But that's just my opinion.

27 players? 

1.) DJ Montgomery.

Chuma Edoga.

Josh Johnson.

Vyncint Smith. 

Jeff Smith. 

David Moore. 

Grant Hermanns. 

Isaiah Williams. 

Ryan Griffin. 

Daniel Brown. 

Bennett Jackson. 

Elijah Campbell.

Hamilcar Rashed Jr.

Lawrence Cager (my favorite one getting cut).

Milo Eifler.

Isaiah Dunn. 

Nathan Shepherd.

Sharrod Neasman

Del'Shawn Phillips. 

Jeremiah Valoaga.

Aaron Adeoye.

Tanzel Smart.

James Murray. 

Noah Dawkins. 

JT Hassell.

Corey Levin. 

27.) Mike White. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Totally Wild Guess

** Remember Jarrad Davis has to be on the 53 man roster before going on recallable IR

1. Mike White QB - Jets go with Josh Johnson behind Wilson
  2. James Morgan QB  - Jets go with Josh Johnson behind Wilson << PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  3. Josh Adams RB - Tough tough cut<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  4. DJ Montgomery WR
  5. Lawrence Cager WR  << PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  6. Vyncint Smith WR - Berrios wins the final WR spot<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  7. Jeff Smith WR - Tough Cut<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  8. Ryan Griffin TE
  9. Daniel Brown TE (Jets keep the promising Yeboah over the solid vet)
  10. Conor McDermott OL OR James Murray (Depending on McDermott's injury) 
  11. Cory Levin OL<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  12. David Moore OL<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  13. Isaiah Williams OL << PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  14. David Hermanns OL<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  15. Tanzel Smart DL<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  16. Aaron Odoye DL
  17. Hamilcar Rasheed DL<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  18. Jabari Zuniga DL - Can they justify putting him on IR?
  19. Kyle Phillips DE (Moved to Reserve PUP)
  20. Del'Shawn Phillips LB<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  21. Camilo Eifler LB
  22. Isaiah Dunn CB<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  23. Elijah Campbell DB
  24. Jason Pinnock CB - 5th rounder gets the axe<< PRACTICE SQUAD TARGET
  25. Lamar Jackson DB
  26. Ashtyn Davis DB (Moved to Reserve PUP)
  27. Bennett Jackson DB

Nice. 

I don't agree with all of it, but that's ok.  I think V Smith is a lock to beat out Berrios.  But I also thin we're keeping 7 WR's so they both make it in my projections. 

I also think Eilfler is a PS Candidtate but at that level I could see some major shaking up with some guys brought in from the cut downs. over 800 players are about to be cut. It's hard to think that some of them aren't better than what we're holding on to here. 

Ben Banogu from the Colts is someone I have my eye on. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

I really believe Adams deserves a spot in the backfield. I’ve always liked his style. Perine and Coleman are backs I really do not care for. 

I've been a fan of his since he was in Philly. Always seemed like a poor man's Derrick Henry (light).

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

I've been a fan of his since he was in Philly. Always seemed like a poor man's Derrick Henry (light).

Yeah it's odd that he has been stuck in PS land really.  There might be something we don't know but I think the Jets just had no ability to identify who should be playing.  That Frank Gore stuff was ridic. It should have been the young guys all year. Adams included. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Nice. 

I don't agree with all of it, but that's ok.  I think V Smith is a lock to beat out Berrios.  But I also thin we're keeping 7 WR's so they both make it in my projections. 

I dont think Braxton Berrios is going anywhere, mostly because he's an elite punt returner and with his ability and elusiveness once in open space I love him as a potential KR too. 

Last year with an awful Gase and a struggling Sam, Braxton Berrios actually ranked...

1st in catch rate percentage amongst all WRs (67.3%).

1st with 0 fumbles. 

2nd in receptions (37). 

2nd in TD receptions (3).

3rd in receiving yards (394). 

Not only is he a sleeper receiver GB but he's an electric return man and ever since he destroyed my FSU team as a Hurricane I've been a believer in him ever since.

V. Smith? He did crap for us man. 7 games and 1 catch. 

I'd be disheartened if we lose Braxton Berrios because he'll go to TB/GB/KC etc and become a Wayne Chrebet/Wes Welker type of star.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

As many yards per target as Ryan Griffin!

Unfortunately Ryan Griffin played in 15 games with 6 starts but yet only had 9 catches for only 86 receiving yards and only 0 TDs. 

So what type of point are you even trying to make, that Ryan Griffin is worth keeping over Braxton Berrios? 

Care to create a list of your 27 potential cuts?

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Personally, I think Mike White's arm is as big as Morgan's. 

Wilson might have the weakest arm of the bunch if you are just looking for big throws.

I don't know about that.

Last night Morgan's football traveled 60+ yards in the air with great arch too. 

Zach Wilson has by far the strongest arm and draft experts weren't comparing his arm talent to Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers for nothing...

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Unfortunately Ryan Griffin played in 15 games with 6 starts but yet only had only had 9 catches for only 86 receiving yards and only 0 TDs. 

So what type of point are you even trying to make in this thread?

Care to create a list of your 27 potential cuts? 

Trying to point out that the unimpressive stats of a low level receiver on an awful team that is playing from behind all the time are not proof of anything.  Keelan Cole seems to be ahead of Berrios in everything - outside WR, slot, punt return.  Vyncint Smith has been very solid on cover team, can play outside WR and is ahead of Berrios as a kick returner.  His lack of use last year was baffling, but so was damn near all of the offensive personnel usage by Gase.

I like Berrios, but in a numbers game, he is probably 50-50.  How many WR can you keep?   Davis, Moore, Mims, and Cole appear to be locks.  I'd assume that unless they move Crowder,  Berrios who is also a slot only type will have a tough road to make the team.  You seem very enamored of people that performed well last night, but are pretty quick to pass on Jeff Smith.

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't know about that.

Last night Morgan's football traveled 60+ yards in the air with great arch too. 

Zach Wilson has by far the strongest arm and draft experts weren't comparing his arm talent to Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers for nothing...

Mahomes now?  That ******* lollipop is not indicative of a "strong arm."  Great throws don't require the strongest arm.  Browning Nagle probably had the strongest arm ever on a Jets roster.  Wilson's arm is fine, but I don't think it is in the same category as White or Morgan even if he does throw better.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mahomes now?  That ******* lollipop is not indicative of a "strong arm."  Great throws don't require the strongest arm.  Browning Nagle probably had the strongest arm ever on a Jets roster.  Wilson's arm is fine, but I don't think it is in the same category as White or Morgan even if he does throw better.

Well it was after his prime, and only for a few minutes, but I'd venture to say Favre might have had the strongest arm.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well it was after his prime, and only for a few minutes, but I'd venture to say Favre might have had the strongest arm.

If they'd gotten him when he came out sure, but I don't think it was quite that strong by the time he got here.  Nagle was tattooing people.  I was using him as an example of the difference between good arm and strong arm.  Namath's arm also certainly didn't take a back seat to anybody.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Trying to point out that the unimpressive stats of a low level receiver on an awful team that is playing from behind all the time are not proof of anything.  Keelan Cole seems to be ahead of Berrios in everything - outside WR, slot, punt return.  Vyncint Smith has been very solid on cover team, can play outside WR and is ahead of Berrios as a kick returner.  His lack of use last year was baffling, but so was damn near all of the offensive personnel usage by Gase.

I like Berrios, but in a numbers game, he is probably 50-50.  How many WR can you keep?   Davis, Moore, Mims, and Cole appear to be locks.  I'd assume that unless they move Crowder,  Berrios who is also a slot only type will have a tough road to make the team. 

You seem very enamored of people that performed well last night, but are pretty quick to pass on Jeff Smith.

Who have you seen me rave about due to last nights game, outside of Kenny Yeboah? Please remind me.

And Jeff Smith? 

He's not a ROOKIE like Kenny Yeboah. He's now a 3rd year player who's done absolutely nothingness throughout his first two seasons and would easily clear waivers and onto our practice squad.  

Me talking up Kenny Yeboah with excitement is nothing like you reminding me of "Jeff Smith".

Screenshot_20210828-235528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f99ea1cad48fe3c6244f2558c76aeb5b.jpg

And he only had 2 catches for 16 yards and an awful catch rate percentage of 40% with 0 TDs last night and you're expecting me to be fired up about that? I'm not. 

And if you're expecting me to be impressed with his runs, I'm not. Because we've got a staple of running backs to run the Football and it's going to become Elijah Moore who gets unleashed on Jet sweeps and gadget plays come the regular season; not Jeff Smith man.  

Enough of the small talk. Please make your 27 cuts potential cuts. Because I'd love to read into your knowledge of insight before these cuts are actually made (because I've already gone on record with mine).

So if you're unwilling to show your 27 cuts? Then imo it's not cool of you to criticize others such as myself for my roster opinions. Show your 27 cuts or it's just a grain of salt man.

Jeff Smith has 18 career recruiting in 2 years with 0 TDs.

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who have you seen me rave about due to last nights game, outside of Kenny Yeboah? Please remind me.

And Jeff Smith? 

He's not a ROOKIE like Kenny Yeboah. He's now a 3rd year player who's done absolutely nothingness throughout his first two seasons and would easily clear waivers and onto our practice squad.  

Me talking up Kenny Yeboah with excitement is nothing like you reminding me of "Jeff Smith".

Screenshot_20210828-235528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f99ea1cad48fe3c6244f2558c76aeb5b.jpg

And he only had 2 catches for 16 yards and an awful catch rate percentage of 40% with 0 TDs last night and you're expecting me to be fired up about that? I'm not. 

And if you're expecting me to be impressed with his runs, I'm not. Because we've got a staple of running backs to run the Football and it's going to become Elijah Moore who gets unleashed on Jet sweeps and gadget plays come the regular season; not Jeff Smith man.  

Enough of the small talk. Please make your 27 cuts potential cuts. Because I'd love to read into your knowledge of insight before these cuts are actually made (because I've already gone on record with mine).

So if you're unwilling to show your 27 cuts? Then imo it's not cool of you to criticize others such as myself for my roster opinions. Show your 27 cuts or it's just a grain of salt man.

Jeff Smith has 18 career recruiting in 2 years with 0 TDs.

I'm not really concerned with what you consider cool.