Jump to content

PFT: Deshaun Watson May be traded to Panthers or Dolphins this week


y2k8
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

It's amazing how people hear what they want to hear from him. Go look at the Wilson thread and you won't find many people saying he holds that view. 

You sound clueless man. I listen to a ton of the guys content, I am hearing what the guy is saying and nothing else. If you listened to that and your takeaway was Simms thinks “Tua is amazing” then I don’t know what to tell you.

On Wilson yes he thinks that Wilson is Rodgers or Mahomes type talent so yes it can be all about them. He often says Green Bay has been asking Rodgers to win games by himself for 15 years. But for Tua is specifically says that he isn’t that level talent, that he can take them to the playoffs in the right situation. As I said listen again starting at 1:10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

You sound clueless man. I listen to a ton of the guys content, I am hearing what the guy is saying and nothing else. If you listened to that and your takeaway was Simms thinks “Tua is amazing” then I don’t know what to tell you.

On Wilson yes he thinks that Wilson is Rodgers or Mahomes type talent so yes it can be all about them. He often says Green Bay has been asking Rodgers to win games by himself for 15 years. But for Tua is specifically says that he isn’t that level talent, that he can take them to the playoffs in the right situation. As I said listen again starting at 1:10

As I said, listen to everything past two minutes. Amazing how you watched a ten minute long video in less than 10 minutes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL Insider Aaron Wilson reports the Texans are "prepared" to declare Deshaun Watson inactive for every week in 2021.

This is unfortunately what this situation has come to after the league, Commissioner Roger Goodell, and the organization have run from any accountability throughout the tumultuous process. Watson, who remains adamant on playing elsewhere despite reportedly nixing a recent deal in place from Philadelphia, would still receive the $10.54 million salary he's due for being on Houston's 53-man roster. The 25-year-old should not be expected to play a single down of football with any team in 2021.

... See More
Aug 30, 2021, 3:39 PM ET
 
 
 
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the Flores press conference when they asked him about Watson and damn is he a bad liar. Uncomfortable to say the least. Miami is looking bad with all this Watson trade rumors, talking up Tua then throwing him under the bus, multiple times. Hope he goes elsewhere and has a great career. sh*tty way to treat your QB1. Feel bad for the kid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Just watched the Flores press conference when they asked him about Watson and damn is he a bad liar. Uncomfortable to say the least. Miami is looking bad with all this Watson trade rumors, talking up Tua then throwing him under the bus, multiple times. Hope he goes elsewhere and has a great career. sh*tty way to treat your QB1. Feel bad for the kid. 

But he's not a QB1, and that is fairly clear.  He was over-drafted.  Just like Josh Rosen, and the Cardinals moved on in 1 season too.  It still hasn't come back to bite them.  You have to earn a QB1 job in this league, it isn't handed to you.  We're just used to the Jets holding onto bad QB's for too long at every turn.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw a headline about Flores in Miami saying something about character being important.  Doesn't seem like they're trading for Watson I guess?

 

EDIT:  Here it is...

Quote

Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores, amid Deshaun Watson speculation, says he wants 'high-character' players on his roster

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32114351/miami-dolphins-coach-brian-flores-amid-deshaun-watson-speculation-says-wants-high-character-players

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he's not a QB1, and that is fairly clear.  He was over-drafted.  Just like Josh Rosen, and the Cardinals moved on in 1 season too.  It still hasn't come back to bite them.  You have to earn a QB1 job in this league, it isn't handed to you.  We're just used to the Jets holding onto bad QB's for too long at every turn.

He is the Dolphins QB1 at this point, ok maybe not a QB1, but he is the starter . I agree it has to be earned but the Dolphins just flip flopping on the kid is not helpful in anyway.  It was very telling during the draft when Waddle was drafted he made a comment that he rather catch balls from Mac Jones then Tua, ouch!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he's not a QB1, and that is fairly clear.  He was over-drafted.  Just like Josh Rosen, and the Cardinals moved on in 1 season too.  It still hasn't come back to bite them.  You have to earn a QB1 job in this league, it isn't handed to you.  We're just used to the Jets holding onto bad QB's for too long at every turn.

I am not a Tua fan, but to declare him not a QB1 after 1 year in which he was returning from a serious injury is a little premature. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not a Tua fan, but to declare him not a QB1 after 1 year in which he was returning from a serious injury is a little premature. 

Josh Rosen was declared not a QB1 after 13 starts.  He's now a QB3/QB4 in this league and there's no signs he will ascend beyond that.  You can either play or you can't in this league, and that shows up very quickly, especially when all the rules favor QB's these days.  We're here in year 2 after a full camp and preseason and the team has seen him plenty in practices.  They know he doesn't have the goods. 

And the serious injury was a reason not to draft him in round 1 in the first place, not really an excuse or a reason to think he can still be a QB1 once he "fully recovers".  Miami evaluated Tua poorly, it seems, and now are trying to move on.  It happens. 

When it comes to QB's, especially in recent years, we've seen that holding onto a bad QB for too long is a bad decision, and getting rid of a young QB quickly does not tend to come back to bite teams.  The moment you realize a guy doesn't have it, move on and try again with someone else.  Is that cold and unfair for young QB's?  Perhaps.  But its the reality.  

At any given time in this league there's maybe a dozen or so guys on the planet who can play QB at a high level.  Everyone else is looking for upgrades.  Miami is one of them.   

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Josh Rosen was declared not a QB1 after 13 starts.  He's now a QB3/QB4 in this league and there's no signs he will ascend beyond that.  You can either play or you can't in this league, and that shows up very quickly, especially when all the rules favor QB's these days.  We're here in year 2 after a full camp and preseason and the team has seen him plenty in practices.  They know he doesn't have the goods. 

And the serious injury was a reason not to draft him in round 1 in the first place, not really an excuse or a reason to think he can still be a QB1 once he "fully recovers".  Miami evaluated Tua poorly, it seems, and now are trying to move on.  It happens. 

When it comes to QB's, especially in recent years, we've seen that holding onto a bad QB for too long is a bad decision, and getting rid of a young QB quickly does not tend to come back to bite teams.  The moment you realize a guy doesn't have it, move on and try again with someone else.  Is that cold and unfair for young QB's?  Perhaps.  But its the reality.  

At any given time in this league there's maybe a dozen or so guys on the planet who can play QB at a high level.  Everyone else is looking for upgrades.  Miami is one of them.   

Im afraid to say I was on the Rosen bus if Darnold was gone, ekkk.

The guy is a Giant douche, Tua was a big mistake, they have Win now team and need a QB.

Im going to see who picks up Newton on a side note.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I saw a headline about Flores in Miami saying something about character being important.  Doesn't seem like they're trading for Watson I guess?

 

EDIT:  Here it is...

 

To be fair I’m not sure he could say,” I want dudes that perv on woman to the point of a federal investigation being launched!”  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Im afraid to say I was on the Rosen bus if Darnold was gone, ekkk.

The guy is a Giant douche, Tua was a big mistake, they have Win now team and need a QB.

Im going to see who picks up Newton on a side note.

I'm thinking it might be Miami who adds Cam.  Or perhaps Washington, who doesn't have a decent backup to Ryan Fitzpatrick (and he gets hurt a lot).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...