Yeboah will be cut - as he should be.

Paradis

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I seen some funny things, but quoting yourself to try and hammer home a flawex point is up there. Both those guys enjoyed some career moments, but more importantly - both could play. How quickly you forget the Jimmy Grahams along with way… You didn’t see me championing Eric Ebron, or OJ Howard like the majority of you jackals.

Go ahead put your chips in on Kenny. I’ll let you know when I run out of toilet paper

Just breaking balls.

• Sympathy 1

This is where the Work ethic separates the 15% from the 85 %.   he has the size, the hands and the skill to develop. It's the work ethic that is going to get him there.  Thats the point I'm trying to make.  He's one of those guys Ive been following a bit for a while.  I wanted the Jets to draft him and wass ecstatic that we ended up nabbing him as an UDFA.   He's got more potential than every other TE on our roster. 
Is he Pitts or Kittle or whoever? Probably not. But he's a guy you want to keep and develop. Especially in a year like this where that seems to be the theme of our org at the moment.  I'd be very surprised if he's cut. And I'd be surprised if he clears waivers if he is. 

If he is a player you want to develop, do you do want to do that the 53 or on the practice squad? He is not a good blocker, and he doesn’t play on special teams. His blocking needs to develop. To me that screams practice squad.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is where the Work ethic separates the 15% from the 85 %.   he has the size, the hands and the skill to develop. It's the work ethic that is going to get him there.  Thats the point I'm trying to make.  He's one of those guys Ive been following a bit for a while.  I wanted the Jets to draft him and wass ecstatic that we ended up nabbing him as an UDFA.   He's got more potential than every other TE on our roster. 

Is he Pitts or Kittle or whoever? Probably not. But he's a guy you want to keep and develop. Especially in a year like this where that seems to be the theme of our org at the moment.  I'd be very surprised if he's cut. And I'd be surprised if he clears waivers if he is. 

If only that were true.,,, We would just need coach references. 

He's an athlete playing football, who (at the NFL level) has to demonstrate some inherent/natural ability at the position. If it was just about measurables or work ethic, we'd do a combine and call up trainers at the school. How does a guy like Logan Thomas switch back and forth from QB to TE? Waller?.... Why do guys like Ebron fail?... You have to be a natural at football at some point. He's not a natural receiver - and it's really hard for those guys to overcome that skill-gap - just ask the 100x C. Pattersons... 

There's 3 types of TEs (IMO)...

• all around naturals, like the guys Iowa and ND have been cranking out. 
  • The mostly blocker/jumbo TEs which are basically a thing of the past in the pros. If you look around the NFL, these guys are relegated to depth for about 1-2 years and if they can't "threaten" to catch the ball, they don't get on the field. Swing tackles are a better use of roster space. 
  • Receiving TEs.... which are basically a mix of Move/Joker TEs, AND oversized athletes pretending to be TE... The former comes in all shapes and sizes (Hernandez, Graham, Jonnu, Reed) but all share a common trait -- then are inherently football players who have a feel for manipulating LBs, finding separation, tracking the ball, and securing the catch.... The latter are just athletes who exploit matchups and broken coverages in College - especially in todays pass happy world. They get by because they're stud athletes. 

Which are you suggesting he is?  To me, his best shot is developing as a blocking TE as he's shown some grit in that department... but that's not enough in 2021 - and that's the reason for my skepticism. The jobs for blocking TEs who run 5 yard slants are short-lived bandaides. 

Anyway - i'll leave it at that. Kenny - prove me wrong and I'll buy your jersey with a smile

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

So if we get DWC to put ALL of us on ignore, does that mean we don’t see his posts also, or he just doesn’t see ours?

He wouldn't see ours. Somehow I don't think that would hinder his post count.

But we can find out. I've done my part.

4 hours ago, genot said:

Practice squad for Micheal Carter(RB)??????

I think you are missing the point of this thread. Or at least the point I got from it, which is stats in preseason games mean nothing. Yeboah's performance against scrubs won't save his roster spot, similarly just because Carter didn't impress in a preseason game doesn't mean he isn't making the roster. 

If they put Carter on the PS, he would be scooped up by another team in a second. Not to mention all reports from camp indicate that Carter will be part of a 3 headed backfield and I would bet will be a significant part of the offense starting around week 8. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol well at least I actually like you.❤️

lol i don't have an ego though, i swear. Like not in the sense you're saying... 

Don't get me wrong, i'm a real POS sometimes with my incessant "listen to me!" opinions on things, but I've met and talked to a few "real authorities" on football and talent evaluation -- i'm not even in the game, man. 

I just want to be excited to watch my team again... Was getting there (still am) but there's been a few injury bumps that slowed my roll. Mims in the bermuda triangle didn't help either.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think you are missing the point of this thread. Or at least the point I got from it, which is stats in preseason games mean nothing. Yeboah's performance against scrubs won't save his roster spot, similarly just because Carter didn't impress in a preseason game doesn't mean he isn't making the roster. 

If they put Carter on the PS, he would be scooped up by another team in a second. Not to mention all reports from camp indicate that Carter will be part of a 3 headed backfield and I would bet will be a significant part of the offense starting around week 8. 

Seems simple to me. You keep the youngest guy with the biggest upside and that is Yeboah. Herndon has show nothing, nor has any TE other than Kroft.  Its not like we have good players at TE. It is by definition a developmental position. The X Factor guys are also eager to cut Yeboah. You have to consider the overall group and in that group Yeboah is worth keeping.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Of course

And his competition is a bunch of assh0les who probably wouldn’t be on an NFL roster if not for the Jets’ scrotum-thin depth at the position.

Yeboah is a physically gifted player at a position that we have essentially nothing at, and that’s the main reason that he has a snow balls chance in hell at making the team.

Fair?

Or is he a dominant badass who is definitely making the team or you have some kind of personal agenda against him?

Which view is more reasonable?

Wet farts and smelly assholes.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

lol i don't have an ego though, i swear. Like not in the sense you're saying... 

Don't get me wrong, i'm a real POS sometimes with my incessant "listen to me!" opinions on things, but I've met and talked to a few "real authorities" on football and talent evaluation -- i'm not even in the game, man. 

I just want to be excited to watch my team again... Was getting there (still am) but there's been a few injury bumps that slowed my roll. Mims in the bermuda triangle didn't help either.

Lol I’m just messing bro. You’re a dude that stands on his eval’s hard. Nothin wrong with that. I do the same. I appreciate your passion in the Draft section. I need to get a bit more active over there along with you guys in all actuality.

• Sympathy 2

Yeboah is making the team, out side of Kroft the T.E’s suck. Who are you cutting him for, Brown, Griffin, Herndon?

I know this thread was set up to “attract attention” of particular posters for “reasons”. I hope the season doesn’t descend into this. If so I will be spending more time not logging in here.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol I’m just messing bro. You’re a dude that stands on his eval’s hard. Nothin wrong with that. I do the same. I appreciate your passion in the Draft section. I need to get a bit more active over there along with you guys in all actuality.

I think me pushing back on emotional inflation comes across often as pompous or whatever. A lack of diplomacy on my end.

if this was an Xs and Os debate, I’d be more contemplative. I’ve had to concede disagreements to guys like @Chrebetfan80on more than one occasion ?

• Sympathy 1

If he doesn’t make the team it confirms preseason is what I thought it was.  Meaningless. 

Sometimes a young team with a bad roster has to reward performance and hard work. 

i would keep him or put him on the practice squad unless we need his roster spot because of a trade or we pick someone up after cuts.  The roster is a mess at TE and on D. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yes. Your right.Forget about the PS risks. I thought the 3 man backfield could be Coleman, AJ, and Perrine.

6 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Herndon is the one who should be cut. How many dropped passes are we going to have to see to realize he stinks?

I think this is the point really.  I don’t think the Jets can keep 2 prospects at TE.  Yeboah has more time on his contract.  Bring Herndon back on the PS