Yeboah will be cut - as he should be.

Paradis

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m not sure take cam so that. Pretty sure if someone is freakishly athletic they measure that by his workout numbers. Yet, just because someone has freakish athleticism demonstrated by his numbers doesn’t mean they will be a good football player.  I e noticed that when someone may look like he’s freakishly athletic on certain plays and very well may be at that time? It’s the workout numbers and that superior athleticism that makes it more likely to happen on more plays and it’s the consistency that makes a great career. 

I really couldn't care less about combine measurables especially 40 times when in the NFL no player during a real game runs in a straight line without Football helmets and body armor on. 

I judge players on how they look on the actual playing field and @ Ole' Miss this kid absolutely destroyed the elite SEC especially Florida and ALABAMA and as a Rookie his 4 receptions with an 80% catch rate 100 receiving yards and 2 TDs was the best performance of either teams and vs players who were fighting for their NFL lives. 

This thread isn't going to age well. Especially once Kenny Yeboah doesn't get cut and makes the 53 as one of our two top TEs. 

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I really couldn't care less about combine measurables especially 40 times when in the NFL no player during a real game runs in a straight line without Football helmets and body armor on. 

I judge players on how they look on the actual playing field and @ Ole' Miss this kid absolutely destroyed the elite SEC especially Florida and ALABAMA and as a Rookie his 4 receptions with an 80% catch rate 100 receiving yards and 2 TDs was the best performance of either teams and vs players who were fighting for their NFL lives. 

This thread isn't going to age well. Especially once Kenny Yeboah doesn't get cut and makes the 53 as one of our two top TEs. 

I’m on your side, but if you insist on judging players in your own unique way might try stopping acting surprised and reacting intensely when disagree with you. Cool! You trust the eye test, you don’t care about numbers and most of us already know that. Don’t have to attack every argument with that exact point. That’s all.

For the record I’d liked to see the kid get a shot with the Jets. Mostly because he has at least done potential to get  better. Chris Herndon is a known quantity in a career disappointment. All you  expect from him is more of the same. Give the kid a shot.

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

DWC may have a man crush, but is he that blinded by it? The TEs on this team suck, or at least haven't shown sh*t essentially. That an udfa who may not have had the camp we all wanted him to have could make the team shouldn't be a surprise. Kroft is the only TE I saw do anything more than KY.

^^ that 

8 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I will toss my two cents into the fray.

Yeboah became a pro prospect because he put up some good numbers in college so the pro scouts paid him a visit.  This is how it happens fellas.  You put up some tape and the scouts will appear and take their measurements and put you through the drills. 

At these sessions Yeboah demonstrated that he lacks decent wheels.  4.75 in the 40 is NOT good enough for H-back duty.  However, if the player has good hands AND enough size/weight then NFL teams can use him.  In college, the swift huge men of the NFL are rare.   You do not need the extra weight and power to play major college tight end.  This is why NFL teams find it necessary to develop inline tight ends.  Guys like Gronk who enter the NFL as devastating blockers are few and far between.  Most blocking tight ends need time to develop.  Which brings me back to Yeboah.

The scouting report said the guy's hands are excellent and he has good form as a blocker.  The scouts believe he has a future in the NFL BECAUSE his angular frame could "easily" carry another 20 lbs of muscle which would bring his weight closer to the 270 lbs that blocking tight ends in the NFL need to carry.  At draft time, he weighted 247 lbs and that is just not enough to be the inline tight end.  Unless you have speed to split the seam - 4.75 does not cut it - 247 lbs is not enough weight.   

Said Our Lads - who gave him a fourth round grade:

He has the "possibility of being an every down asset down the road" who has the frame "to add functional weight". 

A classic developmental project as a blocking tight end with inline starter upside.  I do not know about any of you, but I have seen everything in that scouting report in the preseason games.  He is a sure handed pass catcher with limited speed whose potential will be realized when he has added the functional weight necessary for the NFL trenches.

This is a long winded way of saying Yeboah can help us and become a real asset.  But to make the Jets, he will have to be the blocking tight end - he may not be ready yet fellas.  He is an ideal candidate for the practice squad.  I think he is likely to clear waivers.  While he had other offers as an UDFA - he spent camp with us and is of limited utility to other clubs because they would be starting from scratch.  They would have the same problem we have.  To have him make the club he will have to play.  A lot. 

He will be cut this year and added to the practice squad.  Next year, he makes the team and is a regular in short yardage, goal line and anytime we want two tight ends in the game.  A staple of the Shanahan offenses.  He has the hands, he needs to eat his Wheaties.  

His best chance this year lies in Brown's presence on the injury report.  I suspect the Jets are loath to part ways with Brown.  Oh, he will be cut too.   I fully expect the Jets to go down to 50 players and milk that #2 priority for all it is worth.   It is just that Brown can be cut and brought back again just like he has in the past.  But that 50 player line is also why I think it unlikely that Yeboah makes the 2021 Jets.  I confess, I AM rooting for him.  May he shut my mouth.  

Great take. DWC disagrees.  ?  I wil say he has deceptive speed and has an inkling of being able to get open. His game tape in college is an indication of this and that TD he scored in  preseason, where he split the seam, was beautiful.  TE's dont need extrraterrestial speed.  Look at Gronk. He's a lumbering, bumbering giant of a man who is NOT very fast at all. But the blocking thing is of course a huge concern.  Hey he was projected as a 4th rounder. We got him for zippo. I say give the kid a shot.  He might be a diamond in the rough. What do we have to lose. Go with Griffin? He's pretty much done. Herndon? Total disappointment.  Brown? UGGGH. Next year JD finds a TE either through the draft or FA, which I think would be better since our high picks really need to be focused on defense - CB-LB-edge and a guard or RT. Theres only so many picks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Weird thread.  Why wish the kid not to make the team?  Now I hope he does and take the starting role!

It would be cool if he was better than he is right now, I’m sure everyone would love to see that.  I don’t wish he doesn’t make the team because he has some potential down the road, just don’t think he’s worthy of a 53 man spot right now and the practice squad is the perfect place for him.  

Besides, my biggest argument was really against him being some “freakish” athlete, that’s simply not the case.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're going to wish you never created this thread.  

Especially once he makes the 53. 

I'll bump it up. 

And after every big game moving forward? 

I'll make sure you wish you never created this thread.  

?

It's sad. Instead of celebrating an undrafted Rookie at a position of need having a monster performance with 4 receptions, 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions you'll rather create a thread while trashing him. Pretty pathetic actually.  

actually whats kinda pathetic is that you are so worried about it you making plans to bump this thread relentlessly because you think he is gonna give a crap enough to "wish he never created this thread". when in all reality if yeobah makes the 53 and you start bumping this thread he will likely not give 2 sh*ts at all 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I wonder how Early Gronk speed compares to Yeboah.

It is not Gronk's speed that makes him Gronk.    Just 4.70 albeit at 265 lbs (15 lbs more than Yeboah).  It is his blocking.  He can seal defensive ends and blow up linebackers.  He has been doing it for years.  It is why he is always wide open.  Teams are forced to put large powerful men on him and he simply smokes them.  Put a smaller guy on him and they run right at him until you put somebody of substance over him.  Either that or Gronk walls him off with that 6' 6" frame and those 34" arms and 10 3/4 hands. 

Said Our Lads in 2010:

2010 Guide: What Ourlads NFL Scouting Services said about ROB GRONKOWSKI: Arizona, 6062 264 4.70. Two-year starter. Did not play in the 2009 season after back surgery for a herniated disc. Big red zone target with long arms. Productive inline blocker that stayed on his feet and worked low to high. Good initial contact to secure the point. He did it all - wall off, drive block, down block, double team, angle cut, stick and stay. Excellent arm length to control and tie up defender. Soft hands with the ability to make the tough catch. Athletic after catch. Determined runner. Fights for extra yards. Breaks tackles. Secures the ball after catch. Has the ability to quick set in pass protection. Shows above average ability to change direction and redirect. Intense and aggressive in pass protection. Comes off hard on release. Did not run a variety of patterns in their offense. Was hurt by the lack of a consistent passing quarterback. Excellent receiving short and works the underneath areas. Has the foot quickness to get open. Caught 47 passes for 14.2 yards per reception and 10 touchdowns in 2008. Career: 75 catches, 1197 yards, 16.0 yards per catch, 16 touchdowns. Did not workout at Combine due to back surgery. First/second round. (A-34 1/4, H-10 3/4, BP-23, VJ-33.5).

Just look at that report (especially the blocking).  Never seen anything like it.  Never.  Been reading them for decades.  And that was a SERIOUS back injury yet he still carried the late first round grade.  When you can block at the point of attack, the defense is trying to absorb your power.  Just as the world does not produce too many Gronks, it does not produce too many people who can cover them either.  First ballot HOF and I hate the Pats.  Gronk too.  F em.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

It is not Gronk's speed that makes him Gronk.    Just 4.70 albeit at 265 lbs (15 lbs more than Yeboah).  It is his blocking.  He can seal defensive ends and blow up linebackers.  He has been doing it for years.  It is why he is always wide open.  Teams are forced to put large powerful men on him and he simply smokes them.  Put a smaller guy on him and they run right at him until you put somebody of substance over him.  Either that or Gronk walls him off with that 6' 6" frame and those 34" arms and 10 3/4 hands. 

Said Our Lads in 2010:

2010 Guide: What Ourlads NFL Scouting Services said about ROB GRONKOWSKI: Arizona, 6062 264 4.70. Two-year starter. Did not play in the 2009 season after back surgery for a herniated disc. Big red zone target with long arms. Productive inline blocker that stayed on his feet and worked low to high. Good initial contact to secure the point. He did it all - wall off, drive block, down block, double team, angle cut, stick and stay. Excellent arm length to control and tie up defender. Soft hands with the ability to make the tough catch. Athletic after catch. Determined runner. Fights for extra yards. Breaks tackles. Secures the ball after catch. Has the ability to quick set in pass protection. Shows above average ability to change direction and redirect. Intense and aggressive in pass protection. Comes off hard on release. Did not run a variety of patterns in their offense. Was hurt by the lack of a consistent passing quarterback. Excellent receiving short and works the underneath areas. Has the foot quickness to get open. Caught 47 passes for 14.2 yards per reception and 10 touchdowns in 2008. Career: 75 catches, 1197 yards, 16.0 yards per catch, 16 touchdowns. Did not workout at Combine due to back surgery. First/second round. (A-34 1/4, H-10 3/4, BP-23, VJ-33.5).

Just look at that report (especially the blocking).  Never seen anything like it.  Never.  Been reading them for decades.  And that was a SERIOUS back injury yet he still carried the late first round grade.  When you can block at the point of attack, the defense is trying to absorb your power.  Just as the world does not produce too many Gronks, it does not produce too many people who can cover them either.  First ballot HOF and I hate the Pats.  Gronk too.  F em.

Damn we should draft that guy. OHHHH WAIT!

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I wonder how Early Gronk speed compares to Yeboah.

4.68 in the 40.  Not so different than Yeboah's 4.70.  Given different tracks, I'd bet the track at Indy is a bit faster 

Verticale leap...33.5".   Yeboah is listed as 34"

So no advantage to Gronk here

But obviously as a player, just interesting that where you would guess you'd see an advantage there isnt one

13 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

It is not Gronk's speed that makes him Gronk.    Just 4.70 albeit at 265 lbs (15 lbs more than Yeboah). 

Gronk weighed under 260 at his combine where he ran that 4.70, he wasnt 15 pounds heavier he was 8.

As I said in the previous post, Gronks obviously the much better player, its just interesting that where you would guess you'd see an advantage there isnt one

36 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

actually whats kinda pathetic is that you are so worried about it you making plans to bump this thread relentlessly because you think he is gonna give a crap enough to "wish he never created this thread". when in all reality if yeobah makes the 53 and you start bumping this thread he will likely not give 2 sh*ts at all 

How pathetic was it for him to not only create this thread but also mentioning by username within his OP? No comment on that? 

He put it on himself. 

He’s going to make the team. He’s got good hands, is tall as a ladder and would make a nice red zone target. And he’s got decent speed. Brown is a bum, Griffin never came back after his injury and Herndon is just an enigma. And let’s call him Yebo. Much easier to say and spell. 

He’s a body catcher. Even on the Hail Mary he caught with his body. He’s raw, needs to develop.
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gronk weighed under 260 at his combine where he ran that 4.70, he wasnt 15 pounds heavier he was 8.

As I said in the previous post, Gronks obviously the much better player, its just interesting that where you would guess you'd see an advantage there isnt one

Well said. 

And people seem to forget how Gronk was drafted into the GOAT Tom Brady; who already had multiple SB rings (before Gronkowski).  

Gronkowski wouldn't have been Gronk with Mark Sanchez; and that's for sure. 

And if everyone knew Rob Gronkowski would've one day became a future HOF TE?

41 other teams wouldn't have ever passed on him, now would they have? 

Rob Gronkowski stats during final NCAA season: 2008. 

4.7 receptions per game. 

67.2 receiving yards per game.

1.0 TDs per game.

14.2 yards per reception.

Kenny Yeboah stats during final NCAA season: 2020.

3.8 receptions per game. 

74.8 receiving yards per game. 

0.85 TDs per game. 

19.4 yards per reception. 

Kenny Yeboah put up his production up against elite SEC Defensive Conference vs. Rob Gronkowski who put up his production within a much weaker Pac-10 Defensive Conference. 

Kenny Yeboah will not be "cut" and nor should he be. 

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He’s a body catcher. Even on the Hail Mary he caught with his body. He’s raw, needs to develop.

That seam catch was NOT with his body. It was right in his bread basket.  And that Hail Mary - look at the tape - his arms are striaght up in the air - at his high point, the ball lands on his righ arm and he cradles it in. Great catch! 

8 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i actually missed the part where he named you. carry on.....

Yeah man. He created this crap thread as a way of "mocking me" over my Kenny Yeboah excitement (a player who I've stuck up for, raved about and defended since day one). 

So instead of him celebrating an undrafted Rookie at a position of need and who feasted for 4 receptions, 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions? He instead created a thread to crap all over a kid Rookie. Some fan.

And you want to know why I'm A+ excited?

Because this kid seen me sticking up for him vs literally HUNDREDS OF ANGRY JETS FANS ON TWITTER and over a stupid fumble/rookie "mistake" and for 30 minutes I continued to copy and paste his Ole Miss stats and highlight videos while warning idiot "fans" not to quit on this kid because of one mistake and what did Kenny Yeboah do the very next morning?

Screenshot_20210825-204836_Chrome.thumb.jpg.12bdcebd0782d3634f3c2e5c42621a12.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-204911_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e557461306bae8177bd3e308d7fe346b.jpg

He went out of his way to message and thank the only man who was defending him vs.  angry Jets fans. He wanted to thank me for my belief and support of him while fans were kicking him while he was feeling down. And in these messages he put God first and made a promise to himself to never make the same mistakes twice and vs. Philly and only 2 games later? This kid 100% redeemed himself and showed the world his mental toughness.

This dude will never forget me for sticking up for him when no one else would on Twitter and a couple hours after the game vs. Philadelphia he messaged me inboxed me another 2 more times but those messages I wont share because he was too personal and shared with me trial and tribulations of the crap he had to overcome as a kid during his childhood. Lets just say. His fumble is nothing in comparison to what he's been through in life and we made a funny promise I told him when he makes his first pro bowl or 1st all pro to shout out DWC as that crazy fan who believed in him even after a fumble and told him shout me out during his HOF speech too and he told me he will because he'll never forget the ways I fought for him. 

Kenny Yeboah is going to emerge into a beast TE and I'm going to enjoy the ride. 

This is a POS CRAP THREAD that was made to trash a Rookie and a fan who was celebrating his making of our team. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

Said Our Lads in 2010:

I think Gronk played faster than his 40 time too.  

Can you find the report for Tommy Tremble?  He was a punishing point of attack for the Irish the last two years.  They basically ran their offense behind him as a lead blocker.  Just curious on how they viewed him because he was my man crush. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

"Yeboah flashed the potential that intrigued Joe Douglas enough to give him $200,000 just after the draft ended against Philadelphia, providing the Jets with the receiving threat at tight end they have been lacking all offseason".

Nope. 

Does not sould like a player Joe Douglass is going to cut especially not after his head coach Robert Saleh gave Kenny Yeboah the game ball (AS A ROOKIE) due to 4 receptions, 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions.  

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO GET BETTER AND BETTER AND WILL PROVE @ParadisIS NO "TE KING GURU" ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah man. He created this crap thread as a way of "mocking me" over my Kenny Yeboah excitement (a player who I've stuck up for, raved about and defended since day one). 

So instead of him celebrating an undrafted Rookie at a position of need and who feasted for 4 receptions, 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions? He instead created a thread to crap all over a kid Rookie. Some fan.

Because this kid seen me sticking up for him vs literally HUNDREDS OF ANGRY JETS FANS ON TWITTER and over a stupid fumble/rookie "mistake" and for 30 minutes I continued to copy and paste his Ole Miss stats and highlight videos while warning idiot "fans" not to quit on this kid because of one mistake and what did Kenny Yeboah do the very next morning?

Screenshot_20210825-204836_Chrome.thumb.jpg.12bdcebd0782d3634f3c2e5c42621a12.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-204911_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e557461306bae8177bd3e308d7fe346b.jpg

He went out of his way to message and thank the only man who was defending him vs.  angry Jets fans. He wanted to thank me for my belief and support of him while fans were kicking him while he was feeling down. And in these messages he put God first and made a promise to himself to never make the same mistakes twice and vs. Philly and only 2 games later? This kid 100% redeemed himself and showed the world his mental toughness.

This dude will never forget me for sticking up for him when no one else would on Twitter and a couple hours after the game vs. Philadelphia he messaged me inboxed me another 2 more times but those messages I wont share because he was too personal and shared with me trial and tribulations of the crap he had to overcome as a kid during his childhood. Lets just say. His fumble is nothing in comparison to what he's been through in life and we made a funny promise I told him when he makes his first pro bowl or 1st all pro to shout out DWC as that crazy fan who believed in him even after a fumble and told him shout me out during his HOF speech too and he told me he will because he'll never forget the ways I fought for him. 

Kenny Yeboah is going to emerge into a beast TE and I'm going to enjoy the ride. 

This is a POS CRAP THREAD that was made to trash a Rookie and a fan who was celebrating his making of our team. 

Dude, we get it.  He acknowledged you.  On the internet.

We all saw it the 186 OTHER times you posted it.

We don't really need to see it over and over and over again....

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

idk if yeboah is gonna make the cut or not....but i apologize for my response. i thought you were calling him out when he obviously called you out by name. 

I take no position on Yeboah.

If Coach Saleh thinks he is worthy, great.

If not, that's fine too.

I want the best players playing for my Jets.

I'm unconvinced that is Yeboah as yet, and I'm not moved by a great game vs. the future meat cutters of America.

But if Saleh was, ok, we'll see how it goes.

There is something to be said for making the most of the opportunity you get.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So very true.  I’d add Dorian Green-Beckham to that list as well….Lol 

So many apples of my eye juggled being a knucklehead on the side. DGB, dear god. What could have been. Josh Gordon... Hernandez. Sigh. Mike Williams (USC) might be my biggest crush outside of Calvin.

• Upvote 1