Yeboah will be cut - as he should be.

Paradis

Fine agreed. He's not a  finished prodeuct. What rookie is? But to say he exclusively catches with his body is totally ridiculous.  Every WR catches balls with his body here and there. They ALL catch with their hands or they wouldnt be in the NFL, they'd be playing soccer somewhere. 

I would love for the Jets to retain him and place him on the practice squad.
He has potential.
He just isn’t there yet.
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think Gronk played faster than his 40 time too.  

Can you find the report for Tommy Tremble?  He was a punishing point of attack for the Irish the last two years.  They basically ran their offense behind him as a lead blocker.  Just curious on how they viewed him because he was my man crush. 

Your timing was good.  Ourlads just put the players from this year's guide online.  Here is Tremble.  He is with Sam in Carolina.

2021 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about TOMMY TREMBLE: Notre Dame, 6040 248 4.65. Third year sophomore entry, two-year starter, Johns Creek, GA. Earned Honorable Mention All ACC honors in 2020. Was somewhat hidden in a very talented tight end room at Notre Dame. A fine prospect who could blossom in the NFL more so than what he showed in college. A good athlete, most notably in the five-to-ten-yard window, that plays the game with a lot of hustle and grit. He is a factor as a blocker because of that effort, but he also creates good pop on contact. His route running and burst give him a high upside when it comes to getting open underneath and intermediate. Wasn’t targeted as much, thus his production can be questioned. Shows interesting traits and the effort that coaches are looking for. High upside player. Twitchy and active on all fronts. Speed and quickness show up and he factors both as a receiver and blocker. Can get up the field in a hurry, capable of altering his weight and direction with ease. A loose and athletic lower half. Can make tight turns while moving at a high rate while maintaining his control and balance. Eyes stay even keel when pursuing the ball. Will attack the pass with his hands and can come away with it in traffic. High-effort player who can explode from a standstill and run away from the defense. Creates power from his speed. A plus-blocker both inline and in space. Needs more power from his base and his hands need more grip strength. Was never the feature tight end in the Notre Dame offense. 2020 stats: 19-218, 11.5 ypr. Third/fourth round. (A-31 7/8, H-9 1/4, VJ-36.5, SS-NA).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The Practice Squad rules include:

Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

This thread is like the proverbial car crash, where you know you should keep your eyes ont he road ahead of you, but you just have to take a glance to see how bad the wreck is.

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Same.

I can't stop coming back to it. It's a sickness.

You guys are nuts. Best thread on JN in months!

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

If you get protected from signing elsewhere does it guarantee the contract for the year or something?  At pro salary instead of $6000 a week?  I've confused myself on this...

I know it is fashionable to clown DWC, but I have also been on the Yeboah bandwagon from before he was signed.  I was hoping he would have a good game so that it would increase his chances of making the 53 man roster.  This  Kid has talent and has shown a willingness to work hard and has gotten better over time.  I really hope he makes the final roster because he would a bit more dynamism to a pretty pedestrian group.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I know it is fashionable to clown DWC, but I have also been on the Yeboah bandwagon from before he was signed.  I was hoping he would have a good game so that it would increase his chances of making the 53 man roster.  This  Kid has talent and has shown a willingness to work hard and has gotten better over time.  I really hope he makes the final roster because he would a bit more dynamism to a pretty pedestrian group.  

There is nothing wrong with being in on Yeboah.  Everyone loves the UDFA and Yeboah has certainly flashed enough potential to be interesting.  He could certainly go either way at this point and we'll know soon enough.

The clowning on DWC isn't because he likes Yeboah (or Nasirildeen....or 15 other guys on the roster for now at least).  It's because he doesn't seem to recognize the value of 'less is more'.

• Upvote 3

On 8/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, Paradis said:

This kid this. This kid that. (for you DWC)

can you say David Clowney? Kenny has bad hands. Good for him for balling out against the number fives on one of the worst defenses in the league. He’s not a natural receiver - but he is working on being a better blocker which is about where his future is. I think he’ll land on the practice squad but if you guys think we’re gonna hang onto him because of some hero ball moments, well that’s homerism in full bloom  

sign,

Tight End king. 

So what’s the powerball #s?  ?

• Haha 2

On 8/29/2021 at 7:00 PM, Claymation said:

Thanks.   But I'm repping you for the great shot of Dean as your user image.  Fantastic.