Which draft pick most impressed you in preseason games?

It's certainly not Elijah Moore? Even though he was probably the most impressive draft choice in camp. Zach looked real good. Did AVT even play a down in the preseason games? Michael Carter was NOT very impressive IMO. Quite frankly I thought Ty Johnson was more impressive. Michael Carter II was barely even noticeable. Jamien Sherwood looked good until last night IMO. He really like sh*t last night.

I guess I'd have to say besides Zach, I personally think, (feel free to disagree) the best pick in the games was BRANDIN ECHOLS. I thought he played quite well. But honestly, as encouraged as I am that this is a very talented draft, I did NOT get to see it in the preseason games? Much like last season, just too many injuries to get an idea about so many? I want to say AVT or Elijah Moore would have shined if they had played but can we really day that without seeing it? So what are your thoughts on what draft pick played best in TC besides the obvious Zach Wilson. How would you compare this draft class to last year?

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Considering our second and third picks of the draft we’re injured and didn’t play this is kind of loaded question. 

No it's not? And I pointed out two didn't play? If it's a loaded question then wth is my ulterior motives by asking it? Lol

Just now, NYJ1 said:

No it's not? And I pointed out two didn't play? If it's a loaded question then wth is my ulterior motives by asking it? Lol

I don’t know, you tell me. 

I guess I should also mention that besides Sherwood against Philly there was never a time where I thought to myself, "Wow, this guy really looks like crap". Just a lot of ho hum players. Nothing spectacular but certainly not bad either....

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I agree on Carter esp last night. Not impressive whereas returning Jets Rbs Josh Adams and Ty Johnson we’re impressive. 

Just calling it as I see it. Mike Carter was supposed to be a very good draft choice. Well, I think he's played OK, but I'm not overly impressed so far. If I'm evaluating the roster, my top 3 Running backs are Ty Johnson, Devin Coleman, and it's really a throw up for who my 3rd RB is with the RB that plays ST the best probably winning....

CB Echols always seemed to have his name called when he was in there. Sucks he got injured. I think he can be a nice gem in the sand. 

Nasirildeen showed A LOT of promise and Sherwood potential, but they’ve got a few years to truly master the pro level at the new position. 

Liked what I saw from both of the Carter cartel bros. & DT Marshall showed excellent burst on the snap when he played. 

A lot of these guys are raw but seems we have the right CS to properly develop them within a system. Hope for the best. Lol

• Upvote 2

Echols has played well. Wilson has been everything we could have hoped to this point. Let’s see how he does when it counts. Excited to see Moore and AVT, but typical Jets luck they both miss all preseason. 

• Upvote 2

It would have to be Wilson who didn’t lose the starting QB position and so far looks like he is up to the job. It still remains to be seen but highly doubtful this guy is going to be a bust. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Considering our second and third picks of the draft we’re injured and didn’t play this is kind of loaded question. 

What third round picks, we didn't have any.

Speaking of picks, it has been widely said our draft ammunition

is two ones & two two, we also have two fours

1 minute ago, hmhertz said:

What third round picks, we didn't have any.

Speaking of picks, it has been widely said our draft ammunition

is two ones & two two, we also have two fours

Didn’t say third round. Said 2nd and 3rd picks. 

• Upvote 1

You said our 2nd and 3rd picks were injured.

We had no third round picks injured, both 3s

which we entered the draft with  were traded  to the Vikes

in the trade for AJT not injured

Other than Zach?  Michael Carter II (CB).  The fact that you haven’t heard his name a lot is a good thing.  He put some good tape out there in the pre-season:

• Upvote 2

Hamsah Nasirildeen and Kenny Yeboah.  I love how Hamsah Nasirildeen has fought back from an ACL and as an FSU fan every time I see him line up for a play it just makes me feel good because I know what he's been through from 1st round guarantee to 6th round pick and with Kenny Yeboah, the ways he redeemed himself after a week 1 fumble during week 3 made me proud of myself for never quitting on him because he redeemed himself in a big time way. 

Michael Carter week 2 vs GB was awesome but weeks 1 and 3 not so much but I keep telling myself; just wait for us to see him run behind Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker and it'll become UNC Pt. 2.

But Zach Wilson was my favorite. For many of reasons. I seen a Mahomes like arm that throw on the run 30+ yards on a rope to Corey Davis was sickening, his pinpoint accuracy reminds me of Chad Pennington and his quick release reminds me and many of others of Dan Marino but most importantly, he's made all of us forget all about Trevor Lawrence (because 90% of us were heartbroken after improving to 1-13 with our win over the Rams). Forget the stats for once. What I seen with my owneyes was unreal and every day for 2 weeks seeing former QBs like Tony Romo and former coaches rave about this kid reminded me that I'm not crazy for becoming A+ fired up. Anf if you're a Jets fan who loved Lawrence/Fields/Lance/Mac and weren't fired up over Wilson because of it? You're nuts. 

Wilson/Nas/Kenny were my favorite 3.

Elijah Moore was our best kept secret. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I agree on Carter esp last night. Not impressive whereas returning Jets Rbs Josh Adams and Ty Johnson were impressive. 

Carter was very disappointing needs to get some burst.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hamsah Nasirildeen and Kenny Yeboah.  I love how Hamsah Nasirildeen has fought back from an ACL and as an FSU fan every time I see him line up for a play it just makes me feel good because I know what he's been through from 1st round guarantee to 6th round pick and with Kenny Yeboah, the ways he redeemed himself after a week 1 fumble during week 3 made me proud of myself for never quitting on him because he redeemed himself in a big time way. 

Michael Carter week 2 vs GB was awesome but weeks 1 and 3 not so much but I keep telling myself; just wait for us to see him run behind Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker and it'll become UNC Pt. 2.

But Zach Wilson was my favorite. For many of reasons. I seen a Mahomes like arm that throw on the run 30+ yards on a rope to Corey Davis was sickening, his pinpoint accuracy reminds me of Chad Pennington and his quick release reminds me and many of others of Dan Marino but most importantly, he's made all of us forget all about Trevor Lawrence (because 90% of us were heartbroken after improving to 1-13 with our win over the Rams). Forget the stats for once. What I seen with my owneyes was unreal and every day for 2 weeks seeing former QBs like Tony Romo and former coaches rave about this kid reminded me that I'm not crazy for becoming A+ fired up. Anf if you're a Jets fan who loved Lawrence/Fields/Lance/Mac and weren't fired up over Wilson because of it? You're nuts. 

well this is a shock

• Haha 2

Before he was hurt Moore was having a great camp.  Zach and Moore were clearly the outstanding rookies of this off-season. I moved the needle because I think preseason means nothing.   Echols flashed in games.  The rest of the rookies looked like they need a lot of work.   The one constant is the back 7 looks very shaky.  

I hope I’m right about preseason because it made me feel our D could be awful and I wasn’t expecting that. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Z. Dub impressed.

After the first couple games, I hope we're also talking positively about AVT, Elijah Moore, and Michael Carter.

Welcome to the board. How long a Jet fan and how did you find your way to JN? I agree that Wilson, if developed and brought along properly, can take us to the playoffs If JD can surround him with better talent. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

It's certainly not Elijah Moore? Even though he was probably the most impressive draft choice in camp. Zach looked real good. Did AVT even play a down in the preseason games? Michael Carter was NOT very impressive IMO. Quite frankly I thought Ty Johnson was more impressive. Michael Carter II was barely even noticeable. Jamien Sherwood looked good until last night IMO. He really like sh*t last night.

I guess I'd have to say besides Zach, I personally think, (feel free to disagree) the best pick in the games was BRANDIN ECHOLS. I thought he played quite well. But honestly, as encouraged as I am that this is a very talented draft, I did NOT get to see it in the preseason games? Much like last season, just too many injuries to get an idea about so many? I want to say AVT or Elijah Moore would have shined if they had played but can we really day that without seeing it? So what are your thoughts on what draft pick played best in TC besides the obvious Zach Wilson. How would you compare this draft class to last year?

AVT scares me a little. When he was full go early in camp the reports weren’t encouraging. He was getting beat as often as Becton. Everyone is just assuming he is going to be great without seeing him play. High OL picks aren’t always sure things. Zach, on the other hand, got better every week and looked great in the games. He’s obvious choice for most impress. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, docdhc said:

AVT scares me a little. When he was full go early in camp the reports weren’t encouraging. He was getting beat as often as Becton. Everyone is just assuming he is going to be great without seeing him play. High OL picks aren’t always sure things. Zach, on the other hand, got better every week and looked great in the games. He’s obvious choice for most impress. 

With the resources invested in OL the returns do far, are dismal. JD's  o-line better start getting stout. He's had some real whiffs in the group that was supposed to be his strength. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, freestater said:

With the resources invested in OL the returns do far, are dismal. JD's  o-line better start getting stout. He's had some real whiffs in the group that was supposed to be his strength. 

2 weeks from today we Tee it up in Carolina. 2 weeks to solidify the pass protection, add better players from waiver wire and install schemes to run the ball.

8 hours ago, docdhc said:

I'm not. In fact, I plan on posting a thread pertaining to problems running into the season. OL troubles and lack of chemistry was one of my planned topics. Becton even had a few problems during preseason and is nursing a concussion now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Looks like Nasirildeen gets the start at the outside LB position.  I'm looking forward to watching him play.  https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/matt-rhule-considered-jets-head-coaching-job/

• Like 1

ZW is the only answer to the question - 

If for no other reason than we have so little information about the other guys.

Wilson was about as impressive as we could have hoped - other than what we've heard we just really didn't see enough from the others...