Trevor Lawrence cooking today

Salehery

There's no question that TL has the goods, you can see the accuracy of his throws and the decision making is there.

That said, Zach has shown he is not "sloppy seconds" but has some real NFL talent. In a way, being drafted second might have been a good thing for him, because a #1 pick in the NY market faces immense expectations - and a HUGE media blanket. 

While TL faces a lot of pressure as the top pick, Jacksonville does not have anywhere near the media volume, and realistically speaking, NYJ fans are not the most patient fanbase. Probably the only thing that keeps them from flying off the handle is that 3/4 of them are Mets fans, so they have had disappointment and misery burnt in.  I think both will have good careers, depending upon what kind of talent their teams surround them with. Just ask Connor McDavid about that...

I'll wait until the season starts to judge these guys. The main difference I am noticing between Lawrence and Wilson is the comfort level in the pocket and the decisiveness on throws. Wilson looks almost too comfortable in the pocket. I keep watching his highlights and it is hard to believe he hasn't played an NFL snap. Lawrence looks very uncomfortable at times and has crazy happy feet more often than not. 

Let's not forget Lawrence also looked like sh*t in the first two games but then tears it up in the last against the 3s and 4s. 

Either way, enough of this preseason sh*t. Ready for week 1! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Right now with this team I would not trade ZW for TL (or any of the rookie QBs). We got the guy.  

That's not the question you should be asking?  The real question is: "Right now, Would the Jaguars have still drafted TL today, or would they have drafted ZW, knowing what they know now?"

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

That's not the question you should be asking?  The real question is: "Right now, Would the Jaguars have still drafted TL today, or would they have drafted ZW, knowing what they know now?"

Can't say for certain they would, prob 60-40 in TL's favor.

13 minutes ago, Alka said:

What could anyone actually know now ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

What could anyone actually know now ?

You're right, but each team still must make draft decisions on the information that is in front of them.

Does the added information of the preseason change any opinions at this early point?

That is my question.

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I had him as one of my FF starters.  

He's now on the bench. 

Wont be long before I cut him.

I should've never drafted him because I've been telling everyone he's the most overrated WR ever and only sat out all of 2020 due being scared of being exposed without JOE BURROW. 

Terrace Marshall Jr. is the real deal from LSU (I drafted him too).

But if that's the case, then why is Chase struggling WITH Joe Burrow as his QB again? Lol. I could see the argument if Burrow wasn't his QB in the NFL.

And Chase can easily turn it around. Odds are that this is just a slump he's in. 

30 minutes ago, Alka said:

You're right, but each team still must make draft decisions on the information that is in front of them.

Does the added information of the preseason change any opinions at this early point?

That is my question.

No. They aren’t even showing their offense. 

Only real games show us anything 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think 2021 is the next great QB draft. All of the 5 will be really good and shape the NFL for a decade.

All five have shown some good and bad moments, but I agree that all of them have shown enough good to be intriguing.  It would be something if they all turned out to be starters.  And while there's a lot to nitpick about, 2018 was still solid.  Mayfield, Allen and Jackson are all considered good starters, and Darnold is (currently) starting as well.  That's 4 out of 5 in the first round.  Yes, Rosen has been so bad that it drags the average down, but still...not a bad class.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, joewilly12 said:

Big sale going on as we speak use FANUP get an additional 20% off. 

Go get one. 

image.thumb.png.2329a867523972015edff3c701e374f5.png

Those jersey's are sweet. I'm jealous.  I'm changing the nameplate on my vintage Darnold jersey to Hackenburg. No way I am buying those ugly damn new Jets jerseys. 

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Those jersey's are sweet. I'm jealous.  I'm changing the nameplate on my vintage Darnold jersey to Hackenburg. No way I am buying those ugly damn new Jets jerseys. 

Wear it proudly to Winslow Township N.J high school football games where he coaches.