Jets trade for Shaq Lawson

Rhg1084

What!?!

How can the Jets make a splash trade?  I want to argue about Yeboah.  What about my post? 

On a more serious note . . .

Whenever the Jets plug an obvious hole on the team and it only costs a 6th round pick it is time to rejoice.  I had braced myself - when have Jet trades ever panned out?   It is usually draft picks thrown out the window.   Good ones too.  Long after the rest of the league stopped doing it.  But a 6th?  How bad can he be?  We can only cut him once.  

Do I think that Shaq Lawson can help us?  Perhaps.  At this stage of his career, I see him as a situational pass rusher.  It just so happens that with Carl Lawson's injury, the Jets were fresh out of pass rushers so we will take what we can get. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, clayton163v said:

What!?!

How can the Jets make a splash trade?  I want to argue about Yeboah.  What about my post? 

On a more serious note . . .

Whenever the Jets plug an obvious hole on the team and it only costs a 6th round pick it is time to rejoice.  I had braced myself - when have Jet trades ever panned out?   It is usually draft picks thrown out the window.   Good ones too.  Long after the rest of the league stopped doing it.  But a 6th?  How bad can he be?  We can only cut him once.  

Do I think that Shaq Lawson can help us?  Perhaps.  At this stage of his career, I see him as a situational pass rusher.  It just so happens that with Carl Lawson's injury, the Jets were fresh out of pass rushers so we will take what we can get. 

Can replace Curry surely. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is gonna get confusing.

We already had 2 Johnsons (Josh & Ty), 3 Davis's (Jarrad, Corey and Ashtyn), 2 MIchael Carters, 2 Moore's (ELijah and David), 2 Phillips (Kyle and Delshawn) and now two Lawsons.

When the Jets trade for Mekhi Sargent:

Mind Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Funny that he had a Welcome to the Texans video just a few months earlier...

(2019-2021 Highlights)

That first sack doesnt look like a coverage sack to me.  You?

Or the 2nd.  Or the two TFLs.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

You couldn't atleast qoute the guy we all know you're mentioning? Don't tell me we're taking after #33 we traded with indirect forum messages. Pretty weak 

I don't really care what you think. And no, he's blocked for being a spamming know it all. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Good to know he's signed for next year too!  

Should have a nice rotation when Carl Lawson and our 2021 first round pick edge arrive.   

Although now seeing that his contract is for 8 million next year makes me think he'll be cut or restructured.  

Shaq Lawson:

1,055 Defensive Snaps.  

64 Tackles.

10.5 Sacks.

17 Tackles for loss.

18 QB Hurries. 

24 QB Knockdowns. 

36 QB hits. 

53 QB pressures. 

141.5 QB Sacks/Hurries/Knockdowns/Hits/Pressures (combined).

Vs. 

Carl Lawson

1,180 Defensive Snaps. 

59 Tackles. 

10.5 QB Sacks. 

10 Tackles for loss. 

15 QB hurries.  

41 QB Knockdowns. 

54 QB hits. 

67 QB pressures.  

187.5 QB Sacks/Hurries/Knockdowns/Hits/Pressures (combined).

Anyone who doesn't consider Shaq Lawson as an impactful 4-3 DE imo is NUTS. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

That first sack vs the Pats, Nate Solder missed his cut block. It was good effort by Lawson, but that was more Solder just being bad. 

OK, they were luck.

Bet they weren't explained that way when he was a Gill

Shaq Lawson:

1,055 Defensive Snaps.  

64 Tackles.

10.5 Sacks.

17 Tackles for loss.

18 QB Hurries. 

24 QB Knockdowns. 

36 QB hits. 

53 QB pressures. 

141.5 QB Sacks/Hurries/Knockdowns/Hits/Pressures (combined).

Vs. 

Carl Lawson

1,180 Defensive Snaps. 

59 Tackles. 

10.5 QB Sacks. 

10 Tackles for loss. 

15 QB hurries.  

41 QB Knockdowns. 

54 QB hits. 

67 QB pressures.  

187.5 QB Sacks/Hurries/Knockdowns/Hits/Pressures (combined).

Anyone who doesn't consider Shaq Lawson as an impactful 4-3 DE imo is NUTS. 

#brokenrecord

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Sympathy 1

i actually don't care if he gets many sacks; he appears better on the run and the jets were getting thrashed on the run. If he can play a bunch of 1st and 2nd downs, help against the run, and help rest the young guys who probably don't have NFL stamina, I will be happy. It cost us a 6th and 1.4. million - the biggest cost is a roster spot. If he plays great we can rework deal or trade him; if not .. no loss.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

That first sack vs the Pats, Nate Solder missed his cut block. It was good effort by Lawson, but that was more Solder just being bad. 

Solder doesn't get beat very often. For all we know Lawson set him up and knew the cut block was coming - either way that play was a win for Shaq. Saleh will coach this kid up - Shaq Lawson will be a good addition to the Jet defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This is gonna get confusing.

We already had 2 Johnsons (Josh & Ty), 3 Davis's (Jarrad, Corey and Ashtyn), 2 MIchael Carters, 2 Moore's (ELijah and David), 2 Phillips (Kyle and Delshawn) and now two Lawsons.

Don’t forget two Jacksons (Lamar and Bennett) and 2 smiths (Vincynt and Jeff) at least for now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1