OT-Hurricane Ida

Salehery

51 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As most of you know, I live in southeast Mississippi. We’re about to get hit head on. I live 2 hours from the gulf of Mexico.

please pray for us, I can still remember Katrina when I was 9 years old.

Wild that it’s happening on the same date.

Stay safe

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

As most of you know, I live in southeast Mississippi. We’re about to get hit head on. I live 2 hours from the gulf of Mexico.

If your in a low lie area get the hell out PK I’ve lived through flooding in the town i live in since 1973 dangerous sh*t. I moved to higher ground and the Army Corps spent millions here seems to have worked but a hurricane is no joke. Good luck wish you the best. 

• Upvote 2

Oh man. Prayers to you brother 

• Upvote 2

Stay safe, my friend.  I have seen what these storms are capable of.  Will be thinking of you over the next couple of days.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Be safe mate, best wishes.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

How's it going? 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree sad situation wife wants to move to the Gulf Coast of Florida I offered to help her pack and drive her down. 
No way in hell would I move to hurricane alley. 
Hoping and praying everyone is safe and homes are ok. 
Good luck 

Gulf Coast of Florida rarely gets hit with hurricanes.  Here in Sarasota, the last time was like in the late 80s.  I am not speaking for the panhandle…

But you stay right where you are.  1000 people a day moving here is enough…

;)

• Upvote 2

I know it's hard to leave property behind. Well, you know what i was thinking. Stay safe. Let us know through your posts if your okay.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

Stay safe

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

If your in a low lie area get the hell out PK I’ve lived through flooding in the town i live in since 1973 dangerous sh*t. I moved to higher ground and the Army Corps spent millions here seems to have worked but a hurricane is no joke. Good luck wish you the best. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Oh man. Prayers to you brother 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Stay safe, my friend.  I have seen what these storms are capable of.  Will be thinking of you over the next couple of days.

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Be safe mate, best wishes.  

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How's it going? 

6 minutes ago, genot said:

I know it's hard to leave property behind. Well, you know what i was thinking. Stay safe. Let us know through your posts if your okay.

I appreciate all the posts guys. So far it’s calm. Light rain, no winds yet. They said the real deal is coming around 8:30-9:30CT so I’m expecting things to kick up within the next hour. Just riding it out at the house. Had no where to really go, so we’ll see what happens. 

hurricanes are normal for us, I remember being 11 years old playing football in the yard during a category 2. It usually just feels like a bit worse than usual kind of storm, but those CAT 4-5’s are no joke, so just hoping for the best as of now. We’ll see how it turns out by tomorrow. Hopefully it’s a normal Monday and I can go to work & do all of that normal stuff I usually would complain about on a sunny day.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dude when the house is haunted, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!

I’m also in the Houston area, lived through every major storm since the 1980’s, worst was Ike. Hurricanes are a serious risk, but remember, the media tends to focus and hype on the worst of the worst. Common Sense preparations (thank you Jet Engine) and a bit of planning will keep you and your property safe.

For our family, the 36 hour power loss during the February freeze was worse than any storm since Ike.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know you already know, but as a S. Florida Firefighter,  I'll reiterate:

Hunker Down.

Don't go out  Dont get drunk.

Do NOT EVER run a Generator under a roof ANYWHERE. People run them in the garage (fearing theft) with the door cracked and die of CO poisoning.  

Don't use a lot of candles, and if you do, don't leave them unattended. 

Hide from Wind, but if necessary,  run from Storm Surge - Do NOT hide in attics,  there aren't ways to get out without using Power tools to the roof and rising water drowns people.

Stay Safe, bro. You're one of the best dudes here.

QFT

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know you already know, but as a S. Florida Firefighter,  I'll reiterate:

Hunker Down.

Don't go out  Dont get drunk.

Do NOT EVER run a Generator under a roof ANYWHERE. People run them in the garage (fearing theft) with the door cracked and die of CO poisoning.  

Don't use a lot of candles, and if you do, don't leave them unattended. 

Hide from Wind, but if necessary,  run from Storm Surge - Do NOT hide in attics,  there aren't ways to get out without using Power tools to the roof and rising water drowns people.

Stay Safe, bro. You're one of the best dudes here.

^^ doesn’t even know he’s on Crushlove speed dial 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I appreciate all the posts guys. So far it’s calm. Light rain, no winds yet. They said the real deal is coming around 8:30-9:30CT so I’m expecting things to kick up within the next hour. Just riding it out at the house. Had no where to really go, so we’ll see what happens. 

hurricanes are normal for us, I remember being 11 years old playing football in the yard during a category 2. It usually just feels like a bit worse than usual kind of storm, but those CAT 4-5’s are no joke, so just hoping for the best as of now. We’ll see how it turns out by tomorrow. Hopefully it’s a normal Monday and I can go to work & do all of that normal stuff I usually would complain about on a sunny day.

I remember body surfing at smith’s point in the 80s during a cat 1 and getting chased off by the police lol 

how did you fare?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Pretty well. No damage to the house, lights flickered a bit this morning after the last surge but other than that we made out decently. I just have to see how those roads are today, but off to work this afternoon and everything. Really blessed it didn’t hit my area hard like we anticipated. NOLA seems to have taken the brunt of it.

Yup.  Sounds really bad in New Orleans and surrounding areas.  Glad to hear you made it through ok.  

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pretty well. No damage to the house, lights flickered a bit this morning after the last surge but other than that we made out decently. I just have to see how those roads are today, but off to work this afternoon and everything. Really blessed it didn’t hit my area hard like we anticipated. NOLA seems to have taken the brunt of it.

Good to hear ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Now that Ida has hit the Northeast, how are you all doing? My area in Essex County NJ is getting flooded like never before. Streets look like rivers and everyone I know has serious water in the basement. Stay safe out there!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’m in Middlesex. One basement window has been leaking pretty steady for hours but have managed to keep it under control  and contained for the most part using every towel in the house. I know others around here haven’t been so lucky. Stay safe everyone.

Central N.J not in flood zone  water in garage and screened in porch on the back of house. 

Backyard really flooded water in places I've never seen before. 

Shop-Vac towels fans what a mess on top of that answering fire calls. 

My wife held the fort down while I was out helping others. 

Why do people insist on driving into flooded roadways then calling for help when cars stall and why do people dial 9-1-1 when there basement is flooding. 

Came home for dry clothes and to operate the shop-vac for awhile. 

Taking a break. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm in Cranford..  the town is a disaster,  roads flooded, cars stranded. I'm not in a flood zone, but have all three sub pumps in my basement working overdrive, and over the last few hours have had water seeping into my finished area of my basement.  I'm sitting down here with the wet-vac running every 1/2 hour and the dehumidifier on full blast.  The rain is supposed to be letting up soon which should help my situation, but once the Rahway River crests, there will be areas of this town acting like a bathtub.

On 8/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Once in a while a post like this will remind me that we have some very young people on this forum.

I wish you luck.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:27 PM, Salehery said:

New Orleans is a terrific city. Hope everyone down there makes it through OK. This storm seems like it could be pretty bad. 

#StayStrong 

I hope that everyone stays safe but I disagree with it being a terrific city.

Place is pure sin and violence. I’ll never forget a kind taxi driver telling us to never let one of the ladies in our group get in a taxi alone.

• Thumb Down 2