OT-Hurricane Ida

Salehery

I’m in New Haven, CT area and it is ugly. Still pouring and streets flooded out everywhere. Rivers and streams unable to handle the large volume of water and have overflowed their banks into neighborhoods. Lots of stranded vehicles with water over the hoods and doors. Wild scene for sure. I am dealing with at least a foot of water in the basement so for, and rain still falling at moderate to heavy rate. Just praying it ends soon! Be safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Staten Island is a disaster area. Second flooding for me in a week. 

This is Costco, middle of the island. My guess is that the surrounding wetlands overflowed.

The aftermath is pretty bad here on the island as far as travel. A lot of streets blocked off with flooded cars. West shore expressway was a disaster this morning. Tried making my way thru the streets. Wasn’t much better. Stretches of Arthur kill closed, forest hill closed. Cars left on victory. 

Only bright side to this storm in my neighborhood was we never lost power so the pumps were able to help tremendously 

• Upvote 1