Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Your assumption is Morgan and white aren’t tested. They have been. Neither is an nfl qb. 

Let me correct that White may be a 3rd string type guy.

Morgan will find himself out of the league like hackenberg shortly 

When has Morgan been tested?  Hes basically a rookie.  This was his first cam.  A rookie QB, drafted as a developmental project because hes got raw talent and you want him out.  Makes sense to me

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think he is done for the season 

Yes.  I believe the way the rule works is that you are eligible to return from IR after three weeks...so long as you were placed on IR after the September 1st cut down to 53.

Thus, because Clarke was placed on IR before the cuts, he is done for the season.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is starting to feel like a “developmental year “.    If they don’t bring in a legit MLB or backup QB then it’s pretty much certain the plan is to go young and turn ‘em loose and use the cap space and draft picks next year to round out the roster and make a run 

With the exception of the OLine to protect Zach I think you’re right. Youth movement everywhere. Adding Moses to a line that includes Becton and Fant showed me that JD isn’t going to F around when it comes to helping Zach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

14 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Is Clark out for the season or could he still be in the mix for 2021?

I am not a maven on this but I believe it is the season.  We put him on IR.  To put a guy on recall IR, you have to put them on the roster FIRST.  If it is before final cuts, that is not possible.  The only IR is the season.

It is why Jared Davis and Conor McDermott will make the final roster before being put on recall IR.  The injury to McDermott really hurt.  He was the #1 reserve at Guard and played fairly well last season.  He can backup at four spots..  Everything but Center.  Is he all-pro?  No.  Is he better than Feeney.  Yeah.  A lot better. 

I think tihs is current list:

1. CB Lamar Jackson
  2. WR Lawrence Cager
  3. DB Bennett Jackson (corresponding move to Shaq Lawson trade)
  4. S JT Hassell
  5. DL Aaron Adeoye
  6. OL Corey Levin
  7. DL Jeremiah Valoaga
  8. QB Josh Johnson
  9. OG David Moore
  10. OL Jimmy Murray
  11. DE Hamilcar Rashed
  12. WR Vyncint Smith
  13. RB Josh Adams
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think the Jets try and stash both Smiths on the practice squad. Jeff Smith did look like the preferred Smith as camp went on tho. It’s cool to have an actual competition at spots.

It’s interesting to see how a different scheme and staff can help a player.   Last year Jeff Smith looked abysmal, horrendous route runner and looked lost a lot of the time.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

All he does is gain yards on the ground. He must be terrible at blocking.

That is my guess as well.  Has to be some reason why the guy is never able to stick, because he seems to produce whenever he gets a chance.

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Robbie Anderson Sucks

Demario Davis Sucks, 

Woodhead Sucks, 

Atari Bigby Sucks,

Terrence Mathis sucks

James Farrior Sucks

These are just the one's popping into my head of Jets fans jumping the gun on players.  As much as I disliked the pick, Morgan was brought in to be developed. Why would they want to jettison him in the beginning of doing just that?  The only thing I can think of is if he was a guy Gase pounded the table for and JD picked him because of it. 

Other than that I think they continue to develop a developmental QB. Probably from the PS, but He's kinda supposed to suck right now.  lol

We watched what one game where he played 2-3 quarters, in basically his rookie season, one camp under his belt 

HE SUCKS.  Have heard it too many times, too soon