Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is my guess as well.  Has to be some reason why the guy is never able to stick, because he seems to produce whenever he gets a chance.

He passes the eye test, but there must be more.  Maybe he’s not a factor in the passing game so he’s limited in that regard.  

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Robbie Anderson Sucks

Demario Davis Sucks, 

Woodhead Sucks, 

Atari Bigby Sucks,

Terrence Mathis sucks

James Farrior Sucks

These are just the one's popping into my head of Jets fans jumping the gun on players.  As much as I disliked the pick, Morgan was brought in to be developed. Why would they want to jettison him in the beginning of doing just that?  The only thing I can think of is if he was a guy Gase pounded the table for and JD picked him because of it. 

Other than that I think they continue to develop a developmental QB. Probably from the PS, but He's kinda supposed to suck right now.  lol

There like a million more that didn’t pan out. 

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s interesting to see how a different scheme and staff can help a player.   Last year Jeff Smith looked abysmal, horrendous route runner and looked lost a lot of the time.  

Special teams and gadget ability might keep him on the squad. He’s also got the closest skill set to Elijah Moore on the roster. Still possible he gets cut but he got a lot of run at the practice I went to.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This is starting to feel like a “developmental year “.    If they don’t bring in a legit MLB or backup QB then it’s pretty much certain the plan is to go young and turn ‘em loose and use the cap space and draft picks next year to round out the roster and make a run 

I think this was always the plan.  When I say always I mean from when JD started.

This is the true first year of JD's rebuild.

Those first two years was simply unravelling the mess Mac left - he was truly lost.  I think JD knew this from the start which is why he demanded 6 years.  

We really shouldn't expect a whole lot of wins, but should expect to see a team get better each week and a team that will show an awful lot of excitement.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
8046.jpg

Jets waived WR Vyncint Smith.

Smith opened 2020 on injured reserve with a core muscle injury but was often left inactive on gameday even after returning. The writing was on the wall for Smith after the Jets overhauled their receiving room in the offseason. The Jets may sign him to the practice squad after finalizing their 53-man roster. 

RELATED: 
Aug 31, 2021, 1:49 PM ET

• NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
    RB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    13218.jpg

Jets waived RB Josh Adams.

Tevin Coleman, Ty Johnson, Michael Carter, and La'Mical Perine are the top-four running backs in New York. It always looked like an uphill battle for Adams to make the roster over of any of those four. Adams figures to slot in as a depth piece for any team he signs with.

RELATED: 
    Aug 31, 2021, 1:49 PM ET
    •  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We watched what one game where he played 2-3 quarters, in basically his rookie season, one camp under his belt 

HE SUCKS.  Have heard it too many times, too soon

haha. I know man.  It's waaay early on this guy.  He really is a rookie in many respects.  Let's not forget about last year 's situation. 

NO training camp

No Preseason

No QB coach

No OC (Loggains is not an OC)

And Gase sitting on the bench alone while Sam sat alone on the other end after throwing a pick or whatever.  How much time do we really think Morgan got?  lol 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

haha. I know man.  It's waaay early on this guy.  He really is a rookie in many respects.  Let's not forget about last year 's situation. 

NO training camp

No Preseason

No QB coach

No OC (Loggains is not an OC)

And Gase sitting on the bench alone while Sam sat alone on the other end after throwing a pick or whatever.  How much time do we really think Morgan got?  lol 

And people forget that with COVID last year teams carried and extra "COVID" QB in case one or more went down.  As the 4th QB he got no attention, he's lucky if he found a friend he could throw to after practice.  It was a wasted year

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Robbie Anderson Sucks

Demario Davis Sucks, 

Woodhead Sucks, 

Atari Bigby Sucks,

Terrence Mathis sucks

James Farrior Sucks

These are just the one's popping into my head of Jets fans jumping the gun on players.  As much as I disliked the pick, Morgan was brought in to be developed. Why would they want to jettison him in the beginning of doing just that?  The only thing I can think of is if he was a guy Gase pounded the table for and JD picked him because of it. 

Other than that I think they continue to develop a developmental QB. Probably from the PS, but He's kinda supposed to suck right now.  lol

I mean, in fairness, 6 guys is a rounding error over the timeframe you're evaluating.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

theres only 1 name JN keeps refreshing their browser to see....

you all know. 

Things have been relatively quiet on that front, since his biggest supporter has been given a few day vacation from the site. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Things have been relatively quiet on that front, since his biggest supporter has been given a few day vacation from the site. 

oh did he?

Boo. What did he finally do? Well it was going to be a major event, one way or another.... Kind of hope He doesn't get cut now, just so DWC can't log on to celebrate. He'll be going full-Rain Man.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I did wonder why it was so strangely harmonious around here.

Also wondered why the forum's average post length had suddenly reduced by 250%.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Starting to?   It’s had that feeling since they hired Saleh.  

True but If they don’t bring in veterans at MLB and QB we really need to temper our expectationsThey are going to roll with the punches   You can have a youth movement without playing rookies that clearly don’t belong like Sherwood and White

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Robbie Anderson Sucks

Demario Davis Sucks, 

Woodhead Sucks, 

Atari Bigby Sucks,

Terrence Mathis sucks

James Farrior Sucks

well seen soon but you might have to add Harvey Langi to that list if Bill can teach him how to tackle. if he makes the team today.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't pay nearly enough attention to the soap operas on this board. 

Who got banned and who are we waiting to see about getting cut?

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

oh did he?

Boo. What did he finally do? Well it was going to be a major event, one way or another.... Kind of hope He doesn't get cut now, just so DWC can't log on to celebrate. He'll be going full-Rain Man.

No idea what he did -- maybe nothing more than being himself.  One of the mods mentioned it in another thread yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

oh did he?

Just imagine if Denzel Mims were to be cut!

Who could we rely on to tell us that he is still the starting #2 outside WR in that scenario?!?

(I don't expect Mims to be cut, incidentally).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

True but If they don’t bring in veterans at MLB and QB we really need to temper our expectationsThey are going to roll with the punches   You can have a youth movement without playing rookies that clearly don’t belong like Sherwood and White

Nobody that they could bring in at MLBer and back up QB will really change the trajectory of this team this year.  The expectations are going to be the same.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

All he does is gain yards on the ground. He must be terrible at blocking.

on 157 career carries he has 680 yds and 5 TDs with a career YPC of 4.3. and last year avg 5.4 YPC in 29 rushing att.

i just don't get it. maybe hes a bad teammate