Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

For the first time maybe in 20 years or more, I am completely comfortable with whatever JD and Saleh decide to do with the roster. @GREENBEAN said something similar in one of his YT videos.

The way I look at it, we have a CEO style head coach that has bluntly and said repeatedly in crystal clear terms that he prefers young players over non elite players because he can coach them up and they have more raw athleticism. I have held this view for so long and posted here often my feelings on this which not many agree with as I think it especially applies to QBs even the backups.

JD has a coach that he has a clear shared vision with. JD is still learning and has made missteps, but his philosophy and strategy have become very clear and it is the direction I prefer and that is to protect Zach and give him as many weapons as possible.  We likely face a future where pour offense will generally be better than our defense which will be hard on many Jets fans.

Our previous GMs and coaches clearly and strongly preferred veterans and did not look towards developing for the future. Bowles was especially bad. In addition up until JD we have literally not understood positional value. They literally made horrible decisions on players over and over and completely ignored the OL and offense really in general.

Whatever these guys decide I am OK with because I think they know more than me. In the past I did not feel that was true because their priorities were all out of whack

Good points, but how does that explain Tevin Coleman potentially over Josh Adams?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Kenny Yeboah.  And DWC.

so thats what happend to DWC. 

we should have a page to tell us who got banned just to see that there still alive. and to tell us what they did so to show us that these rules are being enforced so dont do it. 

hope he comes back cause he was fun. 

come to think about it there are alot of people missing. that guy Phil with the pic of Woody with a pointy hat. that girl who flirted on every post....that Tom guy i think his name was Shane. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:
There it is.  I still expect him to make it to the PS.

Well I was rooting for him. But to be honest I think we pick up one or two TE from waivers and if he had made it today might of been released tomorrow. Might be easier to sneak through waivers today for Yeboah.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Good points, but how does that explain Tevin Coleman potentially over Josh Adams?

The CS knows Tevin Coleman who is more of an all-around back who is a scheme fit with good cut backs, hands, and knows the new offense already 

Adams is a guy JD brought in last year  who is an upright power runner. clearly the CS didn’t really value his tool set since they never really involved Adams into the new offensive scheme. He was a bad scheme fit is my hypothesis. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

i guess i was wrong. i really thought they give this kid a chance.

now i hope I'm wrong again and he doesn't get picked up by another team

I thnk he is too raw to be picked up by another team -- he woudl have to go to their active roster.  And most teams are far better set at TE than we are.

PS makes sense for him.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

so thats what happend to DWC. 

we should have a page to tell us who got banned just to see that there still alive. and to tell us what they did so to show us that these rules are being enforced so dont do it. 

hope he comes back cause he was fun. 

come to think about it there are alot of people missing. that guy Phil with the pic of Woody with a pointy hat. that girl who flirted on every post....that Tom guy i think his name was Shane. 

What?  Just saw this.  If DWC got banned, I called this like two weeks ago.  

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s banned apparently & I didn’t even know. I’m extremely curious to find out what the last straw was though. Must of been a pretty big straw lmao.

This will just give him more time to write the post. He’s coming back with vengeance. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

anti-climatic sans rain man. 

I could say i'm surprised..... but yea. PS looks like a good destination. 

Thing is Griffin is signed thru 2022 and Herndon is also signed thru this year.  TYhink that may have factored into the decision.  Kroft looks to be teh starter and they definately need a blocking TE on the roster which Yebo is not ready for as one of our posters noted eariler.  Prqactice squad would be gerat for the kid.

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s banned apparently & I didn’t even know. I’m extremely curious to find out what the last straw was though. Most of been a pretty big straw.

The Jackä$$ ominously threatened me via PM because I pointed out his ignorance regarding the human anatomy - he didn’t know the difference b/t a knee and a heel (Lawson injury).  Lol. So I can only imagine who else he’s threatened/annoyed  in the past 2 weeks to get himself banned. Lol. 

Good riddance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1