1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

When has Morgan been tested?  Hes basically a rookie.  This was his first cam.  A rookie QB, drafted as a developmental project because hes got raw talent and you want him out.  Makes sense to me

Morgan was a wasted draft pick.

You carry on though…

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we please start a new thread about this since this one has turned into a pissing match about sh*tty QB's?

Fant has Waaaaay more value to us as a swing tackle/depth in this specific scheme that capitalizes on his athleticism than any draft pick could in possibly keeping Wilson upright this year.   

JETS 53 MAN ROSTER (As of August 30, 2021) TOTAL: 74 Moves Still to Be Made: 21 Offense - 37 Quarterback  (4)   2 -  Zach Wilson  6'2" 214 BYU (QB) (2021 Draft Pick - 1st Ro

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

For the first time maybe in 20 years or more, I am completely comfortable with whatever JD and Saleh decide to do with the roster. @GREENBEAN said something similar in one of his YT videos.

The way I look at it, we have a CEO style head coach that has bluntly and said repeatedly in crystal clear terms that he prefers young players over non elite players because he can coach them up and they have more raw athleticism. I have held this view for so long and posted here often my feelings on this which not many agree with as I think it especially applies to QBs even the backups.

JD has a coach that he has a clear shared vision with. JD is still learning and has made missteps, but his philosophy and strategy have become very clear and it is the direction I prefer and that is to protect Zach and give him as many weapons as possible.  We likely face a future where pour offense will generally be better than our defense which will be hard on many Jets fans.

Our previous GMs and coaches clearly and strongly preferred veterans and did not look towards developing for the future. Bowles was especially bad. In addition up until JD we have literally not understood positional value. They literally made horrible decisions on players over and over and completely ignored the OL and offense really in general.

Whatever these guys decide I am OK with because I think they know more than me. In the past I did not feel that was true because their priorities were all out of whack

I'm pleased with going young this year - particularly with that big chunk of day three picks devoted to the defense at non-premium positions. There will absolutely be some growing pains this year. I think particularly on the defensive side of the ball - hopefully we at least see some growth. Not like this team was competing for a Super Bowl this season anyway. Like the idea of trying to build something.

I also love teams trying to be ahead of the curve on things. Sherwood and Nasirildeen work out and teams are going to start converting safeties to linebacker earlier in the draft. Might not happen but it's a fun idea.

Get a few of those guys to be starters over their rookie deals, plus the added draft capital from Seattle and Carolina, plus Wilson on a rookie contract...there's a shot to create a little window here if things break right. And building a nice little culture helps too.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

True.  For a few minutes, then lock him back up after. 

Only let him free when it's convenient/entertaining for us, like JetNation's own Suicide Squad.

And by "Suicide Squad" I mean posters that make you want to commit suicide.

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This will just give him more time to write the post. He’s coming back with vengeance. 

Just loading all the graphics and video links in his post will crash the site.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

You carry on though…

I wish all Jet fans who are comfortable with White and Morgan backing up Zack (an unproven rookie lest we forget) would stand in front of a mirror (full length if possible, but shorter is perfectly acceptable) and say the words: "I believe Morgan and White should be starters in the NFL as they have all the tools and experience to carry and lead the team if Zack gets hurt".    

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

The arthritis in my bones can feel him writing it now. Time to take something to ease the pain tonight. 

Like how a swollen knee can portend the onset of a low pressure system.

• Upvote 3
16 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Oh that DWC dude is gonna post the longest post in the sites history after Yeboah 

Good news is that he will post it on The Gang Green's forum and not here.

Just now, munchmemory said:

I wish all Jet fans who are comfortable with White and Morgan backing up Zack (an unproven rookie lest we forget) would stand in front of a mirror (full length if possible, but shorter is perfectly acceptable) and say the words: "I believe Morgan and White should be starters in the NFL as they have all the tools and experience to carry and lead the team if Zack gets hurt".    

You think Seattle fans say that about Geno Smith? or the Ravens with Trace Mcsorley? Bengals with Brandon Allen? Steelers with Mason Rudolph? Cowboys with Cooper Rush? Falcons with Josh Rosen? Bucs with Blaine Gabbert? All those teams implode if their starter is replaced by the backup. 

90pct of backups aren't good enough to win in the NFL because if they were they wouldn't be backups. 

• Upvote 4

JETS 53 MAN ROSTER
(As of August 31, 2021 - 3:50 Eastern)

FINAL ROSTER CUTS (80 TO 53)

1.   9 - Josh Johnson 6'2" 201 San Diego (QB)  (Unconfirmed)
  2. 36 - Josh Adams 6'2" 213 Notre Dame (RB)  (Unconfirmed)
  3. 89 - Chris Herndon 6'4" 253 Miami (TE)     <<< TRADED T0 VIKINGS
  4. 17 - Vyncint Smith 6'3" 202 Limestone (WR)   (Unconfirmed)
  5. 15 - Lawrence Cager 6'5" 215 UGA (WR)  (Unconfirmed)
  6. 48 - Kenny Yeboah 6'4" 250 Mississippi (TE)  (Unconfirmed)
  7. 65 - Corey Levin 6'4" 307 Tennessee Chattanooga  (C/G)   (Unconfirmed)
  8. 61 - James Murray 6'5" 304 Holy Cross (OL) (Unconfirmed)
  9. 66 - David Moore 6'3" 320 Grambling (G) (Unconfirmed)
  10. 68 - Jeremiah Valoaga 6'6" 275 UNLV (DE)  (Unconfirmed)
  11. 55 - Hamilcar Rashed Jr. 6'2" 251 Oregon State (DE)  (Unconfirmed)
  12. xx - Aaron Adeoye 6'6" 255 SE Missouri (DE) (Unconfirmed)
  13. 38 - Lamar Jackson 6'2" 208 Nebraska (CB)  (Unconfirmed)
  14. 39 - Bennett Jackson 6'0" 192 Notre Dame (S)  << Released with Signing of Shaq Lawson
  15. 49 - JT Hassell 5'11" 200 Florida Tech (S)  (Unconfirmed)

TOTAL On Roster: 66
Moves Still to Be Made: 13

Offense - 30

Quarterback  
(3)

•   2 -  Zach Wilson  6'2" 214 BYU (QB) (2021 Draft Pick - 1st Round)  
  •   5 - Mike White 6'5" 218 Western Kentucky (QB)    
  •   4 - James Morgan 6'4" 229 FIU (QB)   (Signed Thru 2023)

Running Back (4) 

• 23 - Tevin Coleman 6'1" 210 Indiana (RB)  - Free Agent Signing from 49ers
  • 22 - La'Michael Perine 5'11" 216 Florida  (RB)  (Signed Thru 2023)
  • 25 - Ty Johnson 5'10" 210 Maryland (RB)  (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 32 - Michael Carter  5'8" 201 North Carolina (RB) (2021 Draft Pick - 4th Round) 

Tight End  (4)

• 86 - Ryan Griffin 6'6" 255 UCONN (TE)    (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 81 - Tyler Kroft 6'6" 252 Rutgers (TE)  - Free Agent Signing from Bills
  • 87 - Daniel Brown 6'5" 243 James Madison (TE) (Re-signed unrestricted free agent)
  • 85 - Trevon Wesco 6'3" 267  West Virginia  (TE/FB)    (Signed Thru 2022)

Wide Receiver (8)  

• 84 - Corey Davis 6'3" 209 Western Michigan (WR)  - Free Agent Signing from Titans
  • 88 - Keelan Cole 6'1" 194 Kentucky Wesleyan (WR)  - Free Agent Signing from Jaguars
  • 82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR)  (Signed Thru 2021)
  •   8 - Elijah Moore  5'10" 178 Mississippi (WR) (2021 Draft Pick - 2nd Round)  
  • 11 - Denzel Mims 6'3" 207 Baylor (WR)  (Signed Thru 2023)
  • 10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (WR/KR)    (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 16 - Jeff Smith 6'0" 195  Boston College   (WR)   (Re-signed Exclusive Rights Free Agent)
  • 14 - DJ Montgomery 6'1" 201 Austin Peay (WR) (Reserve Future Contract)  

Offensive Line (11)

• 77 - Mekhi Becton 6'7" 365 Louisville (T)     (Signed Thru 2024)
  • 75 - Alijah Vera-Tucker 6'4" 308 USC (G/TB) (2021 Draft Pick - 1st Round) 
  • 60 - Conner McGovern 6'4" 306 Missouri (C)     (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 62 - Greg Van Roten 6'3" 303 Penn (G)    (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 78 - Morgan Moses 6'6" 318 Virginia (T)  (Signed Thru 2021)  - Free Agent Signing from WFT
  • 76 - George Fant 6'5" 322 Western Kentucky (T)     (Signed Thru 2022)   
  • 67 - Dan Feeney 6'4" 310 Indiana (G/C)  - Free Agent Signing from Chargers
  • 70 - Chuma Edoga 6'3" 308 USC (T)    (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 69 - Conor McDermott 6'8" 305 UCLA (G/T)  (Signed Thru 2021) (Injured?)
  • xx - Isaiah WIlliams 6'3" 295 Akron (G)   
  • 78 - Grant Hermanns 6'7" 305 Purdue (OL) (2021 UDFA)

Defense  - 33

Defensive Line  (12)

• 98 - Sheldon Rankins 6'2" 305 Louisville (DT)  - Free Agent Signing from Saints
  • 95 - Quinnen Williams 6'3" 303 Alabama  (DT)  (Signed Thru 2023)  
  • 94 - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (DE/DT)    (Signed Thru 2021)   
  • 91 - John Franklin-Myers  6'4" 288  Stephen F Austin   (DE) (Signed Thru 2021)
  • xx - Shaq Lawson 6'3" 270 Clemson  (DE) 
  • 97 - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315 Ft. Hays State (DE/DT)  (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 47 - Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 Memphis (OLB)  (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 54 - Ronald Blair 6'3" 270 Appalachian State (DE)  - Veteran "Street" Free Agent (ex-49ers)
  • 93 - Kyle Phillips 6'4" 277  Tennessee (DE)   (Signed Thru 2021)  *** Active Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) ***
  • 79 - Tanzel Smart 6'1" 296 Tulane (DL)   (Signed Thru Unknown)
  • 96 - Jonathan Marshall 6'3" 310 Arkansas (DT) (2021 Draft Pick - 6th Round)  
  • 92 - Jabari Zuniga 6'3" 264 Florida (DE)    (Signed Thru 2023)

Linebacker   (8)

• 57 - CJ Mosley 6'2" 250 Alabama (ILB)     (2020 Opt Out) (Signed Thru 2024)
  • 52 - Jarrad Davis 6'1" 245 Florida (ILB)  - Free Agent Signing from Lions (INJURED)
  • 45 - Hamsah Nasirildeen   6'3" 215 Florida State (OLB/S?) (2021 Draft Pick - 6th Round)  
  • 53 - Blake Cashman 6'1" 237 Minnesota (ILB)    (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 56 - Noah Dawkins 6'1" 235 Citadel (LB)     (Reserve Future Contract)
  • 44 - Jamien Sherwood  6'2" 216 Auburn (OLB/S?) (2021 Draft Pick - 5th Round)  
  • 43 - Del'Shawn Phillips 6'2" 230 Illinois (LB)  - Veteran "Street" Free Agent
  • 46 - Camilo Eifler 6'1" 228 Illinois (LB) (2021 UDFA) 

Cornerback   (6)

• 31 - Blessaun Austin 6'1" 198 Rutgers (CB) (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 37 - Bryce Hall 6'1" 202 UVA (CB) (Signed Thru 2023)
  • 25 - Brandin Echols  5'10" 180 Kentucky (CB) (2021 Draft Pick - 6th Round
  • 41 - Jason Pinnock 6'0" 205 Pitt (CB) (2021 Draft Pick - 5th Round)  
  • 36 - Isaiah Dunn 5'11" 189 Oregon State (CB) (2021 UDFA) 
  • 34 - Justin Hardee 6'1" 194 Illinois (CB)  - Free Agent Signing from Saints (special teamer?)

"Slot" Cornerback   (3)

• 40 - Javelin Guidry 5'9" 191 Utah (CB) (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 30 - Michael Carter II 5'10" 184 Duke (S/CB) (2021 Draft Pick - 5th Round)  
  • 26 - Elijah Campbell 5'11" 190 Northern Iowa (CB) (Signed Thru 2021)

Safety   (4)

• 20 - Marcus Maye 6'0" 210 Florida  (S)  (FRANCHISE TAG)  
  • 29 - Lamarcus Joyner 5'8" 185 Florida State (S/CB)  - Free Agent Signing from Raiders
  • 21 - Ashtyn Davis 6'1" 202 Cal (S)  (Signed Thru 2023)  
  • 35 - Sharrod Neasman 5'11" 213 Florida Atlantic (S)  

Special Teams  - 3

Punter 

• 7 - Braden Mann 5'11" 198 Texas A+M (P)      (Signed Thru 2023)

Kicker  

• 6 - Matt Ammendola 5'9" 195 Oklahoma State (PK)   

Long Snapper    

• 42 - Thomas Hennessy 6'2" 246 Duke (LS) (Signed Thru 2023)

INJURED RESERVE (5)

• 72 - Cameron Clark 6'3" 308 Richmond (G/T)  (Signed Thru 2023)
  • 66 - Teton Saltes 6'5" 300 New Mexico (G/T) (2021 UDFA)  
  • 68 - Parker Ferguson 6'4" 306 Air Force (G/T) (2021 UDFA)
  • 58 - Carl Lawson 6'2" 265 Auburn (DE)  
  • 33 - Zane Lewis 6'1" 190 Air Force (DB)    

Reserve Non-Football Injury - NFI (1) 

• 99 - Vinny Curry 6'2" 279 Marshall (DE)

Reserve Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)

• 29 - Saquan Hampton 6'1" 206 Rutgers (DB) (Signed Thru 2021)

No Longer on Team

• 35 - Pete Guerriero 5'10" 190 Monmouth (RB)   (Reserve Future Contract)  (Waived)
  • 35 - Austin Walter 5'8" 203 Rice  (RB)   (Claimed off waivers from 49ers) (Cut from 90-85)
  •   1 - Jaleel Scott 6'5" 210 New Mexico State (WR) (Reserve Future Contract) (Waived)
  • 18 - Josh Doctson 6'2" 205 TCU (WR)   (2020 Opt Out)   (Signed Thru 2021) (Released)
  • 19 - Matt Cole 5'10" 197  McKendree  (WR)   (Claimed off waivers from 49ers) (Waived)
  •   3 - Manasseh Bailey 6'1" 195 Morgan State (WR) (Waived)
  • 83 - Josh Malone 6'3" 208 Tennessee (WR) (Waived)
  • 45 - Connor Davis 6'8" 260 Stony Brook (TE)  (Reserve Future Contract) (Waived)
  • 71 - Alex Lewis 6'6" 315 Michigan (G)     (Signed Thru 2021) (RETIRED)
  • 64 - Tristen Hoge 6'5" 310 BYU (G/T/C) (2021 UDFA) (Waived)
  • 63 - Leo Koloamatani 6'5" 305 Hawaii (G/C)    (2020 Opt Out) (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 50 - Michael Dwumfour 6'1" 296 Rutgers (DE/DT) (2021 UDFA)   (Cut from 90-85)
  • 54 - Sharif Finch 6'4" 250 Temple (DE/LB)    (Waived)
  • 51 - Brendon White 6'1" 215 Rutgers (LB/S?) (2021 UDFA) (Waived)
  • xx - John Daka 6'2" 225 James Madison (OLB)     (Reserve Future Contract)
  • 51 - Edmond Robinson 6'3" 245 Newberry (LB)  - (Waived)
  • 27 - Corey Ballentine 6'0" 190 Washburn (CB/KR)  (Signed Thru 2022) (Waived)
  • 22 - Jordyn Peters 6'1" 195 Auburn (S) (2021 UDFA)  (Waived)
  • 3 - Chase McLaughlin 6'1" 175 Illinois (PK) (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 1 - Chris Naggar 6'1" 194 (PK) (2021 UDFA) (Cut from 90-85)
  • 9 - Sam Ficken 6'1" 192 Penn State (PK)    (Reserve Future Contract) (Waived)
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Would Josh Johnson lead us to the promise land?

• Haha 1

I think dwc is a good guy and poster. He may repost some stuff that’s too long but it’s very Informative the first time just he keeps posting same point. You guys around here just get a kick out of it and try to push him over the edge. Which ain’t right. People should  left others have there own opinions and not fight so hard over there opinions. Hope dwc ban isn’t long would hate for him to miss talking jets here.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You think Seattle fans say that about Geno Smith? or the Ravens with Trace Mcsorley? Bengals with Brandon Allen? Steelers with Mason Rudolph? Cowboys with Cooper Rush? Falcons with Josh Rosen? Bucs with Blaine Gabbert? All those teams implode if their starter is replaced by the backup. 

90pct of backups aren't good enough to win in the NFL because if they were they wouldn't be backups. 

I hear you and I agree.  I just never liked either of the White or Morgan picks.   Think about it; neither guy has thrown a ball against a live action defense.  As bad as Trubisky may have been in Chicago, I would have preferred taking a shot on him rather than staying with White and Morgan.  But as I keep saying, why the fuk didn't JD try to trade for Minshew?  

59 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You carry on though…

And you have no idea at this point what he will or will be.  No one does and thats the point.

We scouted him, we picked him see him in practices and class and we're not dumping him after one camp.  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

I think dwc is a good guy and poster. He may repost some stuff that’s too long but it’s very Informative the first time just he keeps posting same point. You guys around here just get a kick out of it and try to push him over the edge. Which ain’t right. People should  left others have there own opinions and not fight so hard over there opinions. Hope dwc ban isn’t long would hate for him to miss talking jets here.

My only problem with him is the brevity of his posts.  Just never detailed enough to support his opinion.

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

But he got a game ball!!!!!!

Could be nothing more than Connor Hughes and Brian Costello trolling the fan base.  Couple of hacks.

• Haha 1

14 more to go., maybe

QB Morgan
WRS Montgomery & J Smith
TE Griffin
OL Hermanns & WIlliams 

DL Smart, Phillips (PUP), Zuniga
LB Dawkins, Phillps & Elfler
DB Dunn & Campbell

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you and I agree.  I just never liked either of the White or Morgan picks.   Think about it; neither guy has thrown a ball against a live action defense.  As bad as Trubisky may have been in Chicago, I would have preferred taking a shot on him rather than staying with White and Morgan.  But as I keep saying, why the fuk didn't JD try to trade for Minshew?  

But we're not a contending team like the Bills are.  Because they are they can justify spending all that extra money on a backup QB instead of elsewhere.  

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets QB Mike White will be Zach Wilson's backup

Tyler Greenawalt 

August 31, 2021 12:18 pm ET

Deserves it to be honest. He’s been the 2nd best QB in camp.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jet Nut said:

But we're not a contending team like the Bills are.  Because they are they can justify spending all that extra money on a backup QB instead of elsewhere.  

I hear you, too, JN.  So because we're not a contender, we throw away part or all of a season if Zack gets hurt?  Why not a backup who might not be starter quality, but who is competent and can be at least entertaining and win a few games?  I truly believe Morgan and White would be a clown act as replacement starters.

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s banned apparently & I didn’t even know. I’m extremely curious to find out what the last straw was though. Must of been a pretty big straw lmao.

He’s clearly a very passionate fan which is nice but dear lord his posts were absurd. Like 11 paragraphs in each one 

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good news is that he will post it on The Gang Green's forum and not here.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Turns out we're not the only ones.  This is from another site.  LOL.

image.png

Classic DWC with the self congratulation. ******* classic.