Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you have no idea at this point what he will or will be.  No one does and thats the point

Are all of these comments being copy and pasted for the 2 and half years of hackenburg excuses?

He was a 4th round pick and he cannot beat out and UDFA jag in mike white.

You do not use 4th round picks for guys who need 3 years or more to 'develop' into a back up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

The arthritis in my bones can feel him writing it now. Time to take something to ease the pain tonight. 

CBD ointment - does wonders for the ball joint of my big toes, and the thumb and forefinger of one hand (carpal tunnel from mouse movements and nose picking.) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you, too, JN.  So because we're not a contender, we throw away part or all of a season if Zack gets hurt?  Why not a backup who might not be starter quality, but who is competent and can be at least entertaining and win a few games?  I truly believe Morgan and White would be a clown act as replacement starters.

Vs thowing a player away who can help or develop into a consistent player if Wilson doesnt get hurt

What kind of season are you envisioning that we would be throwing away with Zach that we need a Josh Johnson to step in and continue winning if Zach injured?  

39 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you and I agree.  I just never liked either of the White or Morgan picks.   Think about it; neither guy has thrown a ball against a live action defense.  As bad as Trubisky may have been in Chicago, I would have preferred taking a shot on him rather than staying with White and Morgan.  But as I keep saying, why the fuk didn't JD try to trade for Minshew?  

Maybe they did try to trade for Minshew - I would have liked to have him on the roster - but maybe Minshew was uninterested in playing here, and he didn't fit financially. I do realize he had no say in where he was shipped, but maybe Jacksonville was trying to do right by him and send him somewhere he could compete for a starting job, which he can certainly do in Philly, but not here. All speculation on my part.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are all of these comments being copy and pasted for the 2 and half years of hackenburg excuses?

He was a 4th round pick and he cannot beat out and UDFA jag in mike white.

You do not use 4th round picks for guys who need 3 years or more to 'develop' into a back up.

I have no idea, what does Hackenberg have to do with me or the point that Morgan is basically a raw developmental project destined to be a backup.  Hopefully. Not what Hack was picked to be.

Yeah you most certainly use 4th round picks for developmental QBs.  

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you, too, JN.  So because we're not a contender, we throw away part or all of a season if Zack gets hurt?  Why not a backup who might not be starter quality, but who is competent and can be at least entertaining and win a few games?  I truly believe Morgan and White would be a clown act as replacement starters.

i think cause a Trubinsky might play better and then you have a QB controversy. if Zach struggles and goes 0-4 then gets hurt and Trubinsky or even Minshew goes 3-1 or 4-0 then we got a problem. 

plenty of 1st rd busts out there, maybe Wilson isnt that good people will say.

NE got rid of Cam. you really think its because Bill is a nice guy and wants to give him a chance to play for another team. no he doesnt want anybody putting pressure on his prized rookie. cause some people thought Cam played well enough to start

same with Jax. they get rid of Minshew and now have CJ Beathard cause there not winning nothing this year and dont want a QB who can fill in and do better than the starter.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No. His posts are very rudimentary and focus on counting stats (which he posts incorrectly) and eyeball tests. It’s fake knowledge with too many prepositional phrases. The forum is better without him interrupting the flow of information and discourse.

And off of highlight video.  I can make any scrub look like he had a college career worthy of the 1st overall pick by compiling highlights 

• Upvote 2