Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

3pm was the cut off and he is still here

They have not announced the final roster cuts.  Had to have them into the league office by 4ET.  Still waiting on the final update from tehe team.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Douglas is clearly playing favourites with his draft picks if Zuniga makes it.

Shocking, the GM after a few years on the job has gotten rid of all those Macc studs who got us to the shlt hole we're been.  Lets hold on to them longer

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Douglas is clearly playing favourites with his draft picks if Zuniga makes it.

Not that simple. They may want to stash him on IR for the year and give him another offseason before cutting bait, which means they need to keep him on the 53 for the first cut.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Maybe some wheeling and dealing going on :-)

I could see some delay to make sure you have spoken to each guy being let go before it is announced in the press, but most guys hould be easy to reach in and around the team facility.  The list had to be submitted to league office by 4.  Can't hold it up based on ongoing negotiations.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Not that simple. They may want to stash him on IR for the year and give him another offseason before cutting bait, which means they need to keep him on the 53 for the first cut.

Exaclty.  Even though the "final" 53 is announced today, there will be another flurry of activity tomorrow.  We are going to have roster spaces open when Jarrad Davis is put on IR, maybe Connor McDermott and Zuniga as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

He’s not worth stashing. He’s terrible. 

Perine over Adams was bad enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I could see some delay to make sure you have spoken to each guy being let go before it is announced in the press, but most guys hould be easy to reach in and around the team facility.  The list had to be submitted to league office by 4.  Can't hold it up based on ongoing negotiations.

maybe the Herndon trade has just slowed the announcement somehow - but 14 teams still have not released their lists.

Final Cuts

Looks like Zuniga made it (at least for now).  May go on IR tomorrow to open a spot for a  waiver claim.  Morgan is out -- PS likely.  I guess we are keeping 7 WRs since both Jeff Smith and Berrios appear to have survived.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Final Cuts

Looks like Zuniga made it (at least for now).  May go on IR tomorrow whena  waiver claim is made.  Morgan is out.  I guess we are keeping 7 WRs since both Jeff Smith and Berrios appear to have survived.

Zuniga is so invisible he didn’t even make it on this list. ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

A bit surprising to see Dunn made the team after how he played in the last two PS games.  They must believe in his upside and are afraid he would not make it through to practice squad.

I think it sadly speaks to poor quality of the group as a whole.

As mentioned earlier, at least Davis & McDermott are going on IR.  They will resign Blair & Neasman.  In fact, if cuts were due at 4 PM, they may have already been resigned as they are vested veterans.

Also, expect guys like Dunn, Zuniga, and Marshall to be cut tomorrow as we make waiver claims.  

See lots of intriguing names out there already.

5 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Zuniga is so invisible he didn’t even make it on this list. ?

Maybe that was his strategy.  If I do nothing all summer to stand out to the coaches, maybe they will forget all about me on cut down day.  Seems to have worked -- at least for now.  I am guessing he goes on IR tomorrow to open up a roster spot.

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Connor Hughes was predicting Berrios would be cut.  He’s out of his skull

i dont think u can cut berrios. he does too much on specials, he also seems to be one of the reliable guys you can throw out there for a young QB. i think there is a lot of value in that.

• Upvote 2