Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

thought Lamar was a little further ahead than this. Is this year 3? I love his size, coming out of nebraska i want to say - but haven't heard his name pop much.... 

He hasn’t looked great.  Echols and Dunn have looked a bit better, plus Saleh brought in a bunch of his boys this year.  Was going to be tough for Lamar to stick.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He hasn’t looked great.  Echols and Dunn have looked a bit better, plus Saleh brought in a bunch of his boys this year.  Was going to be tough for Lamar to stick.  

Echols has looked better. Dunn is done done done : UDFA for a reason, banish to the PS if anything. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

thought Lamar was a little further ahead than this. Is this year 3? I love his size, coming out of nebraska i want to say - but haven't heard his name pop much.... 

Year 2 for Lamar. I like him and he has looked better than Dunn, but it was always going to be tough for him to beat out guys like Pinnock and Echols for a spot.

He has to play outside and there are a lot of guys competing there.

Would have liked to see what he could so at Safety.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

From what I recall he was getting reps in the 4th quarter of pre-season games, which is never a good sign.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Echols has looked better. Dunn is done done done : UDFA for a reason, banish to the PS if anything. 

I know, my point was more that those guys looked better than Jackson during camp.  There will probably be at least 3 CBs on the practice squad.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

@mrcoops I too would like to see the Jets pick up Menet.  He is a good fit for a zone scheme and I am not impressed with either Feeney or Levin at backup center.   

Yeah, I like him,  Penn State Olinemen are well coached, and generally make solid pros.

Cards are fairly deep on the Oline, but might be hoping to get him back on the PS.

I'd prefer Menet over Levin for sure, and also over Feeney - though there's probably very little chance of the Jets moving on from Feeney after they gave him a $3M guarantee.

• Upvote 1

I'm going out on a limb with a saw ...

I think at RB, Adams stays and Perrine gets cut/IR'd.

At QB, Johnson stays and either White or The Captain walk the plank. 

Aboushy on the OL gets cut/injury settlement. Not that much of a surprise. Feeney gets a bus ticket as well.

Yeboah stays and one of the other TE's goes - Griffin, Brown or even Herndon - maybe he can get traded for a late rounder.

Marshall and Hamilcar get cut and hopefully get to the PS, Smart makes the 53, and Zuninga gets a bus ticket. I can't decide if Valoaga or Shepard (or both) get the axe. 

Montgomery is the next WR to go.

Too much confusion at the CB position for me to conjecture - other than Dunne going to the PS.

My 2 cents.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unfortunately youth football is struggling to find enough players to field teams. 

The town I live in no longer has pop warner football or little league. 

Kids who want to play have options to play in other neighboring towns with an exemption rule. 

Man these are the two worst days of the football season for me. I tend to get attached to certain players and hate seeing them get cut, plus the NFL dream ends for some many tomorrow. I don't like the way that some teams including us cut players as well where draft position overrides actual play. As an example Adams should definitely make it over Perrine but he is unlikely to. Yeboah should make it over Herndon even if it is a redshirt year but that likely wont happen either. I hope Cager makes it to the PS I think he could be a decent player. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Man these are the two worst days of the football season for me. I tend to get attached to certain players and hate seeing them get cut, plus the NFL dream ends for some many tomorrow. I don't like the way that some teams including us cut players as well where draft position overrides actual play. As an example Adams should definitely make it over Perrine but he is unlikely to. Yeboah should make it over Herndon even if it is a redshirt year but that likely wont happen either. I hope Cager makes it to the PS I think he could be a decent player. 

Well, it's just sad and hard.

This is what these guys have worked their life for, and today they find out if they get to make a living playing football, or have to change their life in a whole new direction.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unfortunately youth football is struggling to find enough players to field teams. 

Kids who want to play have options to play in other neighboring towns with an exemption rule. 

Can't say this surprises me, as much as I love football, I think I'd try to steer my kids in another direction athletically. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

you live in a upper middle class town right - many parents just don't want their kids to get CTE.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Fans can argue that these two cuts may not have needed to be the FIRST two on the roster. But when you look at these players at their positions, they are at the very bottom of the barrel. I'm not at all surprised by the cuts if the Jets were looking to trim down CB and WR. 

We'll see other positions start to get trimmed down soon enough. 

It could be a favor to them so that other teams they may latch on with are aware they're available before they make their own cuts tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Can't say this surprises me, as much as I love football, I think I'd try to steer my kids in another direction athletically. 

FWIW up until about the JV level in high school, football is actually safer than soccer. You are wearing armor and until you are facing grown athletic men they don't have the power to really cause injury.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you live in a upper middle class town right - many parents just don't want their kids to get CTE.

Not really like all towns a good section and bad section. Kids are all playing soccer or lacrosse these days it seems. The programs were ruined by politicians way too involved who's kids played soccer and adults who squandered all the funding for part of the blame. 

• Upvote 1