OT: Wish me luck with knee replacement.

greengeek

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Good luck GG!  Quitting sugar worked wonders for my arthritis.  I am sure you will be as good as new.

And anytime you want to do a knee for brain trade, just DM me.

I recently got diagnosed with arthritis and have been trying to clean up the excess sugar and bad food hope it works for me to.  Crossing fingers.

2 hours ago, ManCave Analyst said:

One more very important thing to recommend. The pain meds will constipate you. Take stool softeners three times a day. Or you will get very uncomfortable around day 5.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Also…post-op…take pain meds and stay ahead of your pain…I have an uncle who had his right knee done ~18mos ago; he doesn’t like taking pills and figured he could just macho through post-op and rehab…his rehab as a result was less than successful and he had to have a second procedure to replace his already replaced knee two weeks ago…

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I recently got diagnosed with arthritis and have been trying to clean up the excess sugar and bad food hope it works for me to.  Crossing fingers.

It should. Remember, have to avoid refined  carbohydrates.  No pasta, rice, breads etc.  I even avoid potatoes and other natural foods that are high in carbs.  90 percent of the pain I once had is gone. This also worked wonders for my overall health as well.  I was once prediabetic. No more.

I also took up intermittent fasting, but you can do your own research and speak to your doctor about that. I will never go back 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, greengeek said:

Thanks again for all the well wishes. Post op now and just heard about Herndon, Yeboah, and Newton. Overall interesting day!

Word on the street is that in return for Herndon JD received your old used up knee and a conditional 6th. :)

• Like 1

How long do they keep you in the hospital after surgery?

I aced my first physical therapy at 9 am and if I do as well at 1:30pm, I come home today. The surgeon said thay was a real mess in there and I should expect a huge improvement down the road as compared to before the surgery.

I just finished reading Clarence Clemons' book from maybe 2008 and he wrote about getting his knees replaced a few months before the Super Bowl performance and he was a hurting unit. I hope you're doing alright

I’m doing quite well. I don’t imagine that I will EVER put NFL-level stress on my knees (I’m overweight but still not as big as most NFL players). So I can imagine Clemons was in agony, but I expect to be OK in a few months.

21 hours ago, greengeek said:

I’m doing quite well. I don’t imagine that I will EVER put NFL-level stress on my knees (I’m overweight but still not as big as most NFL players). So I can imagine Clemons was in agony, but I expect to be OK in a few months.

Glad to hear that my fellow old timer Jets fan