Veteran QB presence?

1 hour ago, Shelbyblue said:

I’m not sure it’s always a good thing. Sam had probably the best veteran backups, Flacco, McCown, Bridgewater and he still isn’t any better at decision making or mechanics. I believe good coaching, protection, and reps are most valuable. Your thoughts?

Poisonous materials have an expiration date and that concerns me. Do they stop being poisonous or do they become more poisonous when they expire? It concerns me that this isn't explained on the labels. I think that lack of explanation is a real statement on our society. 

• Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, Shelbyblue said:

I’m not sure it’s always a good thing. Sam had probably the best veteran backups, Flacco, McCown, Bridgewater and he still isn’t any better at decision making or mechanics. I believe good coaching, protection, and reps are most valuable. Your thoughts?

I bet all these guys screwed Sam over. What better way to be the starter than sabatoge your apprentice.  It would explain why Sam SUCKED.  

• WTF? 1

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We do not need a Veteran backup QB.

The only time I advocate for a Veteran Backup, is when you expect to compete for a Super Bowl.

Well, most rookie starters like Zach, are drafted high with kind of mean you arent playing for a SB.?

These are pro athletes.  They don't need another older pro athlete to hold their hands for them.  In the end its the QB himself who is making the decisions and throws in less than 3 seconds out there.  Josh McCown can't help you much at that point. 

Maybe he can help you with some presnap decisions and general prep stuff but that's about it.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

you dont start your starter unless hes ready

4 hours ago, Lith said:

The only thing I want in a back up is a guy who is capable of running a competent NFL offense.  I don't need him to be a mentor -- Zach has an OC, QB Coach and the rest of the coaching staff to mentor him.  If Zach goes down and Mike White can run an offense well enough to allow other young guys on offense to get meaningful experience and allows us to be competitive in games, then fine.  If not, we should have brought in somene who could.

This

As long as we’re not trotting out some Luke Falk type who consistently struggles to get us past our own damn 30 yard line, it’s fine.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

As long as we’re not trotting out some Luke Falk type who consistently struggles to get us past our own damn 30 yard line, it’s fine.

Amazingly, one dude in the draft forum said in 2017, pre-draft, that he preferred Luke Falk to Pat Mahomes.  lmao.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Amazingly, one dude in the draft forum said in 2017, pre-draft, that he preferred Luke Falk to Pat Mahomes.  lmao.  

Oh it was UnitedWhofans.  That makes sense....

On 11/12/2016 at 7:05 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Of the Air Raid QB's, I would prefer Luke Falk from Washington State. Although Mahomes appears to run more

6 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Your right and Morgan has the accuracy, feet and presence

to reach Hackenstink heights

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Poisonous materials have an expiration date and that concerns me. Do they stop being poisonous or do they become more poisonous when they expire? It concerns me that this isn't explained on the labels. I think that lack of explanation is a real statement on our society. 

Check the MSDS. That's where that kind of info usually is.

• Upvote 1