Rapoport: Herndon Traded to Vikings

Lith

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Geeze we are loaded with picks next year… hopefully it’s a good draft 

One of those 4ths, maybe two of them, will be going for Ertz. I just have a weird feeling about it. Then it's basically a 4th & Herndon for Ertz. 

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

We only have 2 4’s I’m pretty sure. Our original 4 was sent to Seattle in the adams deal 

Yup.  We have the Darnold 4 and now the Herndon 4.  Shocked that the Vikings gave up a 4 for Henrdon (even with a 6 coming back).  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

One of those 4ths, maybe two of them, will be going for Ertz. I just have a weird feeling about it. Then it's basically a 4th & Herndon for Ertz. 

I just was saying, trade the 4th for Ertz and be done with it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I just was saying, trade the 4th for Ertz and be done with it

The only issue is if the Jets got a 4th for Herndon the Eagles will want their 3rd. He may be older but he's still much better. Maybe the 3rd for Ertz and a 5th.

• Upvote 1

JD is a wizard in trading our failed draft picks for future draft picks. But to quote Churchill after Dunkirk, “Wars are not won by evacuations.”

At some point it’d be nice to pick good players and keep them. 

but this was the hand JD was dealt and he’s played it well so far.

im sure I was wrong to have been holding out hope for Herndon, same as I was with Sanchez, Sam and even Mac. Hard for me to let go after early glimpses of promise.

Glad I get to add Minnesota to the teams I get to actively root against now, makes the season more engaging. 

Seattle, Carolina, Minny - stink it up boys

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Sorry folks, but I think Chris will go to the Vikings and revive his career. Gase really wrecked this player,he was just not the same after his rookie season and last year under Gase sucked the life out of him.
I wish him the best and hope he goes on to a very productive career.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He can't block or catch, that's an issue no matter who your HC is. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Hes much better than anything they have. What do you have against getting better?

Is he though? He was downright awful last year:

Only 88 YAC yards with a career low in catch % (50%), career high in drop rate (6.9%), and 0 missed tackles in 2020.

Cant blame that all on Hurts

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Ertz 2018 & 2019 Combined:

204 rec

2079 yds

14 tds

One off year on a bad team with a terrible QB situation and a lingering ankle issue and all of a sudden he's not better than Tyler Kroft? Lol. Wtf are you guys smoking. 

Well I see some tweets already that we traded a mid round pick for him. No question that we are working on another trade at the TE position.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Is he though? He was downright awful last year:

Only 88 YAC yards with a career low in catch % (50%), career high in drop rate (6.9%), and 0 missed tackles in 2020.

Cant blame that all on Hurts

He had an lingering ankle issue. Also, yes you can blame a lot of it on Hurts. He sucks.