Jump to content

Rapoport: Herndon Traded to Vikings


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well I see some tweets already that we traded a mid round pick for him. No question that we are working on another trade at the TE position.

I saw them too. I just don't know who to believe lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All gone. 

'Promising' he says.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well I see some tweets already that we traded a mid round pick for him. No question that we are working on another trade at the TE position.

If we got a 6th round pick for him-  Expected

If we got a 5th round pick for him-  More than expected

If we got a 4th round pick for him-  Amazing!

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTJet said:

It's crazy that it's been an hour+ and we still dont know the compensation.

That's pretty abnormal. 

And NOW you have your answer! :-)

what a HEIST by JD!!!

2 hours ago, Facts said:

He also traded for a guy that was going to be cut (Shaq).

So it all evens out.

 

2 hours ago, Facts said:

So… JD is a genius for trading-out a guy that was going to be cut.

And also a genius for trading-in for a guy that was going to be cut?

Errr, ok.

 

49 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Geeze we are loaded with picks next year… hopefully it’s a good draft 


So JD traded an underachieving 4th round pick from 2018 that was likely to be cut or stay on the team (to the chagrin of fans here) AND FLIPPED HIM LIKE A FLAPJACK!! a ‘22 4th (original value) ?!!!!?

THAT, IS THE MARK OF A GENIUS GM!!!!
 

More so by NY Jets’ standards!! And that is a straight up @Facts  LOL!!!🤣

 

edit: I see the correct compensation now. Still amazed we got a 4th.

How I love those 6th rounders:

JDs magic Trade Lubricant :-)

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Geeze we are loaded with picks next year… hopefully it’s a good draft 

We can stack a bunch of players, or if need be use that capital to pull off trades for a player we like.

A TON of flexibility lies in next years draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Sending back the 6th is what probably sealed the deal. 
 

6th round draft picks = JD’s Lubricant of choice to make opposing GMs take the girth & pain of his superior trading powers overtaking them. EVERYTIME! Lol. 

He hasn't had to compete to win yet.  He's just been cleaning house for 3 years...And this year is another free year with a rookie QB and young team.

We'll see how he does when they're supposed to win and has a big injury.

btw...I love the job Douglas has done - not complaining - but not having to win makes these negotiations a bit easier.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Herndon

The New York Jets have announced that Tight End Chris Herndon has been traded to the Vikings. Here is the official release from the team. You can also visit our forums to read more about the Chris Herndon trade.

Jets Acquire 4th-Rounder from Vikings in Exchange for TE Chris Herndon, Pick

GM Joe Douglas Has Multiple Fourth-Round Picks in 2022

The Jets on Tuesday acquired a 2022 fourth-round pick from the Vikings in exchange for TE Chris Herndon and a 2022 sixth-round pick.

A fourth-round selection of the Jets in 2018, Herndon made 12 starts his rookie season and totaled 39 receptions for 502 yards with 4 receiving TDs. He only appeared in a game his sophomore pro campaign as he fractured a rib in a win over the Giants after missing a combined eight games to a suspension and then a hamstring injury.

The 6-4, 253-pounder appeared in 16 games last season while making 13 starts, finishing with 31 catches for 287 yards with 3 TDs. The Jets TE room includes Tyler Kroft, who had 2 TD catches against the Packers in the team’s second preseason game. Trevon Wesco also has the ability to line up at tight end, but he’s been used primarily at FB in Mike LaFleur’s west coast scheme. Ryan Griffin, a nine-year veteran who hauled in 5 TDs in 2019 and is working his way back from a hamstring injury, and Dan Brown, a core special-teams performer, were released Tuesday.

The Jets will have multiple fourth-round picks in April as they already own Carolina’s Round 4 selection. They acquired second- and fourth-round picks from Carolina when they sent QB Sam Darnold to the Panthers in April. Earlier this week, Jets GM Joe Douglas went the trade route to acquire DE Shaq Lawson from the Texans in exchange for a 2022 sixth-round pick.

The post Chris Herndon Traded appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/F8TZAk_lA3M

Click here to read the full story...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:


 

looks like we ate some cash

Of all the years to take a small $ hit against the cap it’s this year. JD lessened the hit to $1.4M from $2.2M  total (cap hit if herndon were straight up cut) and got a 4th. I’ll take that every time, as opposed to simply cutting a player at a position of need only to result in a  high cap hit from cutting him with nothing to show for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I just got an alert it is a 4 for him. Sweet

The Jets sent Herndon and a 6th for a 4th is how I read it.

Somebody with the Draft Value chart can figure that out for us but it basically sounds like a 5th round value we got.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamesr said:

It seems to be a common view that trades have to have a winner and a loser. But that doesn't have to be the case.

Houston were smart to get something for a guy they were going to cut. Jets were smart to fill a position of need for a negligible price.

Jets were smart to get something for a guy they were going to cut. Vikings were smart to fill a position of need for a negligible price. 

Win-win is a simple concept. :-) 

Thank you.  Many pass an economics course and yet many do not understand the basic concepts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He hasn't had to compete to win yet.  He's just been cleaning house for 3 years...And this year is another free year with a rookie QB and young team.

We'll see how he does when they're supposed to win and has a big injury.

btw...I love the job Douglas has done - not complaining - but not having to win makes these negotiations a bit easier.

No. You’re right, there’s NOOOOO pressure to win in NYC. Lol. There’s no pressure to satiate the ardent thirst of anguished Jets fans whom have been waiting for over 50 years to witness  a winning team clutch another Lombardi trophy in a halcyon daze of green & white glory!

what was I thinking. Lol :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Thank you.  Many pass an economics course and yet many do not understand the basic concepts.

Butter of supply = demand of Guns 

lol. Oh, Econ 101. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Douglas is an amazing GM for managing resources and the cap and such.  HOWEVER, Idzik was good at that as well.  All of these picks will not mean enough if he does not draft a bit better.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas is an amazing GM for managing resources and the cap and such.  HOWEVER, Idzik was good at that as well.  All of these picks will not mean enough if he does not draft a bit better.

Has Zach Wilson demonstrated more than Geno Smith at the same point in his career? 
 

JD has shown more savvy in working trades than any other GM I can recall dating back to Kensil & Walton in the mid 80s  (as a 7 year old I had already learned to question the competency of the Jets top brass & FO. :-(

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets sent Herndon and a 6th for a 4th is how I read it.

Somebody with the Draft Value chart can figure that out for us but it basically sounds like a 5th round value we got.

It'll depend on who ends up drafting where, but looks like it could net out as a lower half of the 4th round equivalent gain.

If we look at the middle of each round - middle of 6th round is ~20 points; middle of 4th round is ~70 points. Gain of about 50 points, which is Pick 26 in Rd 4. Value will go up or down from that, but it's a decent start point.

Based on this chart - https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

No. You’re right, there’s NOOOOO pressure to win in NYC. Lol. There’s no pressure to satiate the ardent thirst of anguished Jets fans whom have been waiting for over 50 years to witness  a winning team clutch another Lombardi trophy in a halcyon daze of green & white glory!

what was I thinking. Lol :-) 

JD has been the GM of the NY Jets for three years, hasn't had a team with a winning record and coming off a 2 win season...

And people on this board and media are praising him.  Please!  Look at the reality of the situation and don't look to make ignorant, childish comments.

There will be a time when he's expected to win - but he hasn't since he started.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Has Zach Wilson demonstrated more than Geno Smith at the same point in his career? 
 

JD has shown more savvy in working trades than any other GM I can recall dating back to Kensil & Walton in the mid 80s  (as a 7 year old I had already learned to question the competency of the Jets top brass & FO. :-(

 

Look at his first draft.

A lot of large question marks and misses.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD has been the GM of the NY Jets for three years, hasn't had a team with a winning record and coming off a 2 win season...

And people on this board and media are praising him.  Please!  Look at the reality of the situation and don't look to make ignorant, childish comments.

There will be a time when he's expected to win - but he hasn't since he started.

 

Really just 2 years. He didn't control the draft or free agency his first year

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choon328 said:

Really just 2 years. He didn't control the draft or free agency his first year

I'm not sure that's really the point.  There has been no pressure or expectation for him to win since he got here.

BTW...I agree with that sentiment.  I think he's done a great job.

The only point I was making is it might be different to win every trade when the team is expected to compete and he loses a key piece to injury or FA's...

He might end up on the short end of trade, even if it's the right move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD has been the GM of the NY Jets for three years, hasn't had a team with a winning record and coming off a 2 win season...

And people on this board and media are praising him.  Please!  Look at the reality of the situation and don't look to make ignorant, childish comments.

There will be a time when he's expected to win - but he hasn't since he started.

 

There’s always pressure to win with this fan base. Despite what the ownership says, just as you stated, he’s in his 3rd year and that clock has been ticking. 
 

JD has merited the praise he’s recieved accordingly thus far when juxtaposed to the CAP HELL, poor drafting, and dearth of late round draft picks - “depth” of the team -  that Tanny showed. The complete idiocy of Idzik when it can to assessing personnel. And the catastrophe that was MacCagnan. Bradway was trash and Parcells was an atrocious and wreckless GM. 
 

In comparison, JD has this team primed with PLENTY of salary cap, draft capital, and a young core of CHEAP contracts. 
 

There is pressure to win. The only childish and ignorant comments is that your “reality of the situation” is different than mine, and  you resort to saying my viewpoint is ignorant. Lol
 

I disagree. Your naive and close-minded view that JD has been functioning as a NFL GM with “no expectation to win” is absurd.  Any competent fan of the NFL knows this league you have to win or your jobless. 
 

agree to disagree and I leave you cloaked within your ignorance and behind the carnival mask. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...