Player you are most disappointed got cut

Salehery

V Smith and J Adams are making an NFL roster.   

There must have been issues with Josh Adams and the playbook, or something.  He will be invited back on the PS and will play this year.

V Smith got caught in the numbers game.  JD could have gone without signing Cole or even IR'd Mims with V Smith on the roster.

There is no question that JD's 2020 draft picks were favored over potentially better players.  

Yeboah is not ready and will make the PS.  I don't see another team putting him on their active roster.  If the Jets would not, why would another team?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Salehery said:

For me it’s Josh Adams. He seems to run hard and perform well every time he’s given an opportunity. He deserved to make the team over Coleman and Perine. 

Loved Adams at ND but he was slow and overweight when he was drafted in NFL. Guy totally transformed his body and running style.  Ran for over 5 YPC last year and tore it up during preseason. JD saving face with keeping Perine. DUMB DUMB DUMB

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

V Smith and J Adams are making an NFL roster.   

There must have been issues with Josh Adams and the playbook, or something.  He will be invited back on the PS and will play this year.

V Smith got caught in the numbers game.  JD could have gone without signing Cole or even IR'd Mims with V Smith on the roster.

There is no question that JD's 2020 draft picks were favored over potentially better players.  

Yeboah is not ready and will make the PS.  I don't see another team putting him on their active roster.  If the Jets would not, why would another team?

Suggesting V Smith is a better player than Mims puts you in the peanut gallery. I say that, while also telling you that I wish V Smith coulda stuck. I really don't understand Jeff+Crowder+Moore... there's redundancy there. Would have much rather kept V. Smith.... but cmon. 

That said, Perine over Adams? smh. I love my gators but it hasn't not translated for L. Perine at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Not overly bummed at any one player getting cut, tbh.

Josh Adams seems good, but we're not particularly weak at the position, so I don't think we're gonna massively regret it. Besides, he might end up on the PS.

I kinda liked Vyncint Smith, but again -- strong position and likely a PS guy.

Hamilcar Rashed made some nice plays, but I mostly liked him for his name. PS guy.

I wanted them to keep Yeboah, but that has more to do with our abysmal TE situation, and I expect that to be addressed shortly. We'll still probably see ol' Yebby on the PS, so I'm sure we've not seen the last of him.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

100% how the hell does Perine make this team over Adams

1 hour ago, varjet said:

evil Bill. loves turning ex Jets into players. 

Josh Adams. Perine being a draft pick made the difference. Adams has looked more impressive at every turn. 

Also was shocked V. Smith - I expected it to be over J. Smith but I personally would have kept him over Berrios who is not good enough at punt returns to justify a roster spot and who has limited value as a slot guy with Crowder and Moore. Not sure why everyone loves Berrios, he's one of the most limited players on the roster. 

Not particularly disappointed by any of them.

There are players that I like, sure, but none that will make me lose any sleep if they don't return to the practice squad.

I like guys like Adams, Smith, Morgan, Yeboah, Rashed etc - and I hope they all come back on the PS - but I won’t be inconsolable if we lose any of them.

It's part of the NFL and, when your team is cutting talented players, it's a sign that your team has good talent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Well can he pass block and catch out of the backfield?

There's a lot to see during the games and some of the runners look good, but there's behind the scenes stuff and that's at every position.

Well, we have Carter, Coleman, and Johnson as the top three backs.

The “narrative” around Perine is that he’s the “short yardage/power back.” If that’s true it’s an area where he’s clearly inferior to Adams, IMO. Seems he was kept around because he was a draft pick.

10 hours ago, Salehery said:

For me it’s Josh Adams. He seems to run hard and perform well every time he’s given an opportunity. He deserved to make the team over Coleman and Perine. 

Same ... I think he's a powerful runner who has a ton of potential but for some reason never seems to be given the chance he needs to show it.

Grant Hermanns OT. 

I think we found something there.  The scouting report said that he was a four star recruit out of high school whose college career was beset by injury.  They described him as having good feet.  That he gives up ground "grudgingly" but stays on the block and on his feet.   He looked REALLY good in the preseason.  Not only was his run blocking solid - against the Giants he got snaps against their #2s and looked just fine.  But his pass blocking was solid and that is unusual for a young lineman.  Hoge was unable to adapt and was cut even though he showed real promise as a run blocker.   I think Hermanns has good enough feet to play RT. 

Next year we will let Fant walk.  All of us know it.  We will try to retain Moses but he may not want to stay.  He is on a one-year prove it deal and owes us nothing.  We may end up being forced to replace BOTH of them.  Grant Hermanns needs a year in the program but is a candidate to start at RT. 

When I watched the preseason games, our pass protection issues came straight up the middle, just like last season.  When those pass rushers tried Hermanns, he stoned them.  Same in the Eagle game.  When he reset his feet, he stopped them cold. 

I realize everybody would like to play a first round pick at RT.  But the good teams find free stuff.  There are undrafted players all over the league.  I sure hope he clears waivers.

EDIT:  I would also like to put in my two cents on the Smiths.  Vincent Smith had a fine camp and I would add him to the practice squad, but Jeff Smith would be a nice addition to the Jets.  I like his size/speed combination and his long strides when he gets going.  I honestly believe that Jeff Smith can help us and is a solid backup at the X and slot.  His ability to run gadget plays on the line of scrimmage creates an added dimension for teams to worry about.  Not unlike young Mr Moore.  Only Jeff is a big tough guy.  He is also the emergency QB and swiss army knife as he a notorious plus athlete.  After all, he is a converted college QB. 

I do not expect him to make the team.  We still have roster moves to make.  If we had traded Crowder, he would have fit nicely into the rotation at WR. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1