Urban Myers remarks on Jaguars cuts

Copernicus

On 9/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, jeremy2020 said:

here we have Meyer who agreed to abide by the rules and couldn't shut his mouth about it. 

Every team in the league is using the vaccination status as part of their criteria (as they should). You just have to keep your damn mouth shut about it. 

Totally agree here. Whatever heat comes Urban's way, so be it. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2021 at 1:49 PM, VUJetsfan said:

My stance is that no one should be pressured to undergo medical treatment they do not want. Students, athletes, employees spend years trying to achieve their goals. They should fight back.

They wouldnt be pressured, they just wouldnt be allowed to play

And again, the Knicks and Nets announced that non vexers will not be allowed to play at MSG and Brooklyn.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

They wouldnt be pressured, they just wouldnt be allowed to play

And again, the Knicks and Nets announced that non vexers will not be allowed to play at MSG and Brooklyn.

Yes indeed. Stadium rules but oddly enough rules that only apply to home team players.  Well, maybe not so add after all.

Weird how business owners want the public to feel safe when coming to their places of business.  How un-American is that?

• Upvote 1

Back in the day when I became self-employed for a while, my medical insurance people asked me if I particiapted in any dangerous sports.  At the time I was taking hang-gliding lessons.  THe insurance broker told me that I had three different CHOICES.

1. I could lie and not disclose the activity and pay the normal rate for my age and general health.  If I got injured while doing it then basically that basically broke the deal and they would not to cover my medical bills
  2. I could pay a sharply higher premium for the EXTRA RISK the I was injecting into the situation
  3. Or I could quit the sport and pay the same rates as everyone else.

So many choices.  I the end I chose not to become a future world champion hang-glider and I also chose to keep my insurance rates in line with everyone else.

For about one nanosecond I considered whining like a little schoolgirl about how all of this was unconstitutional and a violation my freedoms but after that nanosecond I decided not not to be a little b$%tch about it.  Go figure

• Thumb Down 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:53 PM, EM31 said:

Back in the day when I became self-employed for a while, my medical insurance people asked me if I particiapted in any dangerous sports.  At the time I was taking hang-gliding lessons.  THe insurance broker told me that I had three different CHOICES.

1. I could lie and not disclose the activity and pay the normal rate for my age and general health.  If I got injured while doing it then basically that basically broke the deal and they would not to cover my medical bills
  2. I could pay a sharply higher premium for the EXTRA RISK the I was injecting into the situation
  3. Or I could quit the sport and pay the same rates as everyone else.

So many choices.  I the end I chose not to become a future world champion hang-glider and I also chose to keep my insurance rates in line with everyone else.

For about one nanosecond I considered whining like a little schoolgirl about how all of this was unconstitutional and a violation my freedoms but after that nanosecond I decided not not to be a little b$%tch about it.  Go figure

One time at band camp…

1 hour ago, VUJetsfan said:

One time at band camp…

LOL.... Yes I see your point.  In this case the story has the virtue of being a reasonably true as far as it went except for the idea that there were other considerations in addition to the insurance rate quotes I was receiving.  The most significant being that the future Mrs. EM31 told me that the hang glider was a deal breaker for her and I needed to sell it.

BTW i work for a national organization and vaccinations will be a mandatory term of employment for us as of November 1st this year.  We expect to lose anywhere from 3%-5% of our workforce either as a result of voluntary retirements or forced separations.

4 hours ago, VUJetsfan said:

It’s coming from the cities not the teams. Unless the nba mandates then it will only be the liberal cities. 

Liberal cities?  

No it came from the Knicks and Nets.  

It hasnt been mandated by the NBA, the point is teams or states, not cities, can mandate.  Its not up to players.  You've missed the point because if it was mandated  by the the state all the Mets and Yanks would have to be vaccinated as well as all the tennis players at the US Open.  And that isn’t the case

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Liberal cities?  

No it came from the Knicks and Nets.  

It hasnt been mandated by the NBA, the point is teams or states, not cities, can mandate.  Its not up to players.  You've missed the point because if it was mandated  by the the state all the Mets and Yanks would have to be vaccinated as well as all the tennis players at the US Open.  And that isn’t the case

According to the Washington Post, it’s from the city. I’m guessing the sports you mentioned are not included because the venues they play in are outdoor.

58 minutes ago, VUJetsfan said:

According to the Washington Post, it’s from the city. I’m guessing the sports you mentioned are not included because the venues they play in are outdoor.

Im not sure about Mets and Yankees but I just bought tickets to the US Open and if I don't  show proof of vaccination,  i can't enter the stadium. Not sure about the outer courts. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, VUJetsfan said:

I assumed the state sets the COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, not the city.  Either way, it it were a governmental guideline why didnt it hold true last season, why is it not in place for the other NYC sports franchises.  Just seems strange